Archived Topic

Review on Amazon of "The System"

by scott715 · 10/2/2013

Advertisement
S
scott715
"As a father of a 17 yr old athelete who is just now experiencing he recruiting process for a D1 program, we eagerly read this book to help us prepare for the next 12 months of chaos.



While there were no blockbuster revelations, it has given us great insight in to the inner workings of college football. It is very well written, and at times both heartbreaking and hopeful.



I must point out, amid the scandal, rumor and secrecy of most college football programs, the authors have inadvertently shined a light on the program that stands in stark contrast to all the others.



BYU deserves praise for their program that puts football well behind the spiritual, intellectual, and character building of their young men.



All I knew about BYU was Danny Ainge, Steve Young and tea-totaling students. After my son and I read the book, without speaking a word, we moved BYU to the top of our list of potential programs.



I believe that this exceptional book will be a catalyst for change and a long needed overhaul of the college football system.



Fantastic read for any fan--casual or diehard alike."
B
BOID
Very interesting and encouraging. Thanks for posting that.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
G
Guest
Thank you for sharing that review.
S
Schmoe
Awesome, but isn't it so holier-than-thou to point out that BYU tries hard to run a clean program and keep priorities in perspective?
M
mizzoucoug
Schmoe wrote:
Awesome, but isn't it so holier-than-thou to point out that BYU tries hard to run a clean program and keep priorities in perspective?


First of all it depends on whether or not that is actually true. Second of all it depends on who is promulgating that characteristic. I don't consider a random Amazon reviewer's message a holier than thou directive on behalf of the university. Am I missing something?
Advertisement
S
scott715
Missing something? Yes, TIC.
J
jonnylingo
Very cool.
A
ABYUFAN
Any ute could easily tell you that that review is a plant by BYU to make itself look better. Nothing more. Nothing less. :roll:



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.