Archived Topic

The pass

by Dcr36 · 12/1/2009

Advertisement
D
Dcr36
[youtube]QwJRcZ51cMw[/youtube]



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwJRcZ51cMw



Is there somewhere I can find a slow-motion of this?



I was at the game live and I hadn't really had a chance to appreciate how amazing this pass is. At this view, it seems like the pass is just millimeters from getting picked off/deflected from either of those two Utes. It seriously seems to go through them and appear in George's hands.



**Edited by Admin: When using the youtube button, only put the part after the ?v= in between the tags. ie, in this case: QwJRcZ51cMw
M
makulit
Props to the MTN camera men for sticking with the play. I wouldn't have been too surprised if they would have keyed in on the defenders falling all over themselves and not followed George into the endzone.
J
JamieVallen
This play actually drove me crazy for a split second, I thought the ball was picked off, because it seemed like the mtn. camera had gotten to it right as the 2 Utah players got there, and I didn't even think for a second that George had came away with it, and then I went crazy when I realized he had it and would score in front of a bunch of Ute fans that I was watching the game with.
S
Schmoe
I couldn't see it from the South endzone where I was sitting, but watching the replay I got super frustrated because George was being held like mad, from the moment he left the line of scrimmage his jersey is getting stretched out by the Ute defender. It didn't matter in the end, it just pissed me off that they were doing this all game long and not a darn thing was done about it.
L
Lawboy
Schmoe wrote:
I couldn't see it from the South endzone where I was sitting, but watching the replay I got super frustrated because George was being held like mad, from the moment he left the line of scrimmage his jersey is getting stretched out by the Ute defender. It didn't matter in the end, it just pissed me off that they were doing this all game long and not a darn thing was done about it.


Actually, this was the approach TCU took as well. They were VERY physical the first 5 yards, held, and disrupted BYU's rhythm and timing. Not often LBs play man-press on both Pitta and George but Utah and TCU did, and it worked great both times. George said in post game BYU had not prepared for it, so the Ute coaches got the better of BYU with that tactic all game long. And as we know, we you take away Pitta and George, our passing game has been poor as the WR do not get open on the outside with regularity. And the offense does not use them over the middle too often, so that schemes kills this team. On my rewatch, I did see Hafoka and Jacobsen open over the middle often, and Max missed them almost every time, so perhaps it is not as much on Anae as it is on Max locking in on certain targets at times. But what do I know. I am a classless, uneducated BYU fan. ;)
Advertisement
P
ProV1
Schmoe wrote:
I couldn't see it from the South endzone where I was sitting, but watching the replay I got super frustrated because George was being held like mad, from the moment he left the line of scrimmage his jersey is getting stretched out by the Ute defender. It didn't matter in the end, it just pissed me off that they were doing this all game long and not a darn thing was done about it.


You'll notice George's chinstrap was undone as he ran into the endzone due to all the "contact."
V
vancouvercougar
Schmoe wrote:
I couldn't see it from the South endzone where I was sitting, but watching the replay I got super frustrated because George was being held like mad, from the moment he left the line of scrimmage his jersey is getting stretched out by the Ute defender. It didn't matter in the end, it just pissed me off that they were doing this all game long and not a darn thing was done about it.


I was in the South endzone too. My brain has the back jersey with an 88 burned into its memory bank.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.