N
northerncougarWe are so frustrated with whatâs happening with this program that some are grasping at whatever they can to try to feel better. I understand the reaction. Itâs painful to watch your team underperform. I just donât get this weird response of ignoring reality.
Some strange arguments that some posters have made:
⢠Bronco is the same as Lavell and brought us back from the brink of disaster. I didnât realize that getting back to where were in 1979 was what we were shooting for. Is status quo what we are hoping for?
⢠That too many seem to want a national championship and we should keep our expectations in check. I havenât seen a single poster on here talk about winning a national championship. At least not expecting it to happen now. Of course our HC sure talks about it a lot.
⢠Telling people to give Hill some time. He will improve. I hope so. He canât get worse. Itâs not possible.
⢠My favorite is some genius brought Alabama into the argument. After reading it twice I still have no idea what the intent was. Saban has won three of the last four NCâs. I have no idea what that means for BYU. It is so out there it is laughable.
These are just some of the strange rationalizations for what is wrong with this program right now.
Here are the facts:
⢠We currently have the worst QB in college football. Thatâs amazingly embarrassing and pathetic. But itâs okay, because our OC keeps telling us to just give it time. It will be fine.
⢠This is the same OC that let Brad Sorensen leave the program. A QB who is now on an NFL roster. After 4 years of starting the wrong QB, including a 2nd string safety and a RB, itâs obvious that the offensive coaching staff doesnât know how to evaluate talent.
⢠BYU is 3-6 against their rival. Losing 66% of the time to your rival will get you fired most places. Win just a couple of those games and things are quite different.
⢠Itâs not like BYU is losing to a perennial Rose Bowl team in the rivalry game each year. They are losing to a team that didnât make a bowl last year and likely wonât this year.
⢠BYU has started 1-2, 7 of the last 9 years. Even Lavell had at least one 3-0 start in his first 9.
⢠Bronco canât figure out how to hire offensive coaches. 9 years of offensive underperformance is the reality. 4 straight years of offensive futility is inexcusable.
Until we face the reality that Bronco doesnât know how to fix the offense, we will continue down this same painful road. I hope he can, but that is the reality. Face it or not is up to you.
Some strange arguments that some posters have made:
⢠Bronco is the same as Lavell and brought us back from the brink of disaster. I didnât realize that getting back to where were in 1979 was what we were shooting for. Is status quo what we are hoping for?
⢠That too many seem to want a national championship and we should keep our expectations in check. I havenât seen a single poster on here talk about winning a national championship. At least not expecting it to happen now. Of course our HC sure talks about it a lot.
⢠Telling people to give Hill some time. He will improve. I hope so. He canât get worse. Itâs not possible.
⢠My favorite is some genius brought Alabama into the argument. After reading it twice I still have no idea what the intent was. Saban has won three of the last four NCâs. I have no idea what that means for BYU. It is so out there it is laughable.
These are just some of the strange rationalizations for what is wrong with this program right now.
Here are the facts:
⢠We currently have the worst QB in college football. Thatâs amazingly embarrassing and pathetic. But itâs okay, because our OC keeps telling us to just give it time. It will be fine.
⢠This is the same OC that let Brad Sorensen leave the program. A QB who is now on an NFL roster. After 4 years of starting the wrong QB, including a 2nd string safety and a RB, itâs obvious that the offensive coaching staff doesnât know how to evaluate talent.
⢠BYU is 3-6 against their rival. Losing 66% of the time to your rival will get you fired most places. Win just a couple of those games and things are quite different.
⢠Itâs not like BYU is losing to a perennial Rose Bowl team in the rivalry game each year. They are losing to a team that didnât make a bowl last year and likely wonât this year.
⢠BYU has started 1-2, 7 of the last 9 years. Even Lavell had at least one 3-0 start in his first 9.
⢠Bronco canât figure out how to hire offensive coaches. 9 years of offensive underperformance is the reality. 4 straight years of offensive futility is inexcusable.
Until we face the reality that Bronco doesnât know how to fix the offense, we will continue down this same painful road. I hope he can, but that is the reality. Face it or not is up to you.

