Archived Topic

I'm done with Bronco and Anae

by KingCoug · 9/22/2013

Advertisement
K
KingCoug
And that's coming from a fan who has stuck with and defended Bronco for years. But there's no defending him anymore. The guy is a very good defensive coordinator. But, as a head coach, he's not a gamer. And Anae? Forget about it. There's a reason why fans were calling for his head a few years ago. And Doman being a disaster doesn't not automatically legitimize Anae. I don't care what Bronco has done or will yet do. I've lost faith in him and lost faith in Anae long ago. Time to move on. Four straight losses to Utah is unforgivable.



Congratulations Bronco. You're now officially both Kyle Whittingham and Gary Patterson's b!tch.





(And a big BOO to Tom Holmoe to agreeing to PAC 12 refs)
B
BroncoBot
KingCoug wrote:
And that's coming from a fan who has stuck with and defended Bronco for years. But there's no defending him anymore. The guy is a very good defensive coordinator. But, as a head coach, he's not a gamer. And Anae? Forget about it. There's a reason why fans were calling for his head a few years ago. And Doman being a disaster doesn't not automatically legitimize Anae. I don't care what Bronco has done or will yet do. I've lost faith in him and lost faith in Anae long ago. Time to move on. Four straight losses to Utah is unforgivable.



Congratulations Bronco. You're now officially both Kyle Whittingham and Gary Patterson's b!tch.





(And a big BOO to Tom Holmoe to agreeing to PAC 12 refs)

Thanks for a bunch of blather.
S
stgeorgefan
KingCoug wrote:
and lost faith in Anae long ago.


Long ago as in 2 games ago? Before any games were played?



Fans biggest problem with Bronco in regards to the rivalry was the emotional aspect. He did a 180 this year and aloud players to spout off etc.



Anae is doing very well imo. The retooled OL is struggling to learn on the fly. Our Qb can't pass accurately. The guy is an OC not a miracle worker. Byu's problems right now is personal related. IF by the end of the season there is not improvement than I will join you and say Anae has failed. It's been 3 games and our QB tonight was terrible as was our O-Line.
K
KingCoug
BroncoBot wrote:
Thanks for a bunch of blather.


Uh oh. It's our resident "It's never the coaches fault" board member. What's going to be your excuse this time, pal? Sooner or later, you have to look at the sad truth staring you in the face. We've seen this same crap from Bronco and Anae over and over again. To the point where any objective observer can almost predict it. But it's not their fault, right? You can stuff that "Players gotta make plays" crap where the sun don't shine. Kyle has been ahead of Bronco almost every step of the way and Bronco has no answers. Just like he didn't have any answers for Patterson after 2007.
B
BroncoBot
KingCoug wrote:
Thanks for a bunch of blather.


Uh oh. It's our resident "It's never the coaches fault" board member. What's going to be your excuse this time, pal? Sooner or later, you have to look at the sad truth staring you in the face. We've seen this same crap from Bronco and Anae over and over again. To the point where any objective observer can almost predict it. But it's not their fault, right? You can stuff that "Players gotta make plays" crap where the sun don't shine. Kyle has been ahead of Bronco almost every step of the way and Bronco has no answers. Just like he didn't have any answers for Patterson after 2007.

And your answers? (other than just being the biggest complainer around?)
Advertisement
K
KingCoug
stgeorgefan wrote:



Long ago as in 2 games ago? Before any games were played?




Uh, no, in 2010.


Anae is doing very well imo.


You just don't get it. This isn't about Hill's inaccuracy or our bad O-line. We had these same problems back in when we had Hall, Pitta, Collie, Unga. Even back then Anae has questionable play calling (especially in the Blue Zone) and it finally caught up with him in 2010. But even before that his play calling cost us the 2008 game. With Anae as our OC, we're never going to be better than a certain point.
K
KingCoug
BroncoBot wrote:
And your answers? (other than just being the biggest complainer around?)


First, I'm not the biggest complainer around. Like I said, I've been one of Bronco's biggest defenders for years. But sooner or latter you have to put up or shut up.



WE JUST LOST 4 IN A ROW TO UTAH!



2006 is still Bronco's best team.



Each year it's been a case of diminishing returns.



Bronco has built a good defense but allowed the offense to go to crap. And these are all now his recruits.



My answer? Time to move on from both him and Anae. Because what we've seen is what we're going to keep getting. I no longer believe Bronco and Anae will get us to an undefeated season.
B
BroncoBot
KingCoug wrote:
And your answers? (other than just being the biggest complainer around?)


First, I'm not the biggest complainer around. Like I said, I've been one of Bronco's biggest defenders for years. But sooner or latter you have to put up or shut up.



WE JUST LOST 4 IN A ROW TO UTAH!



2006 is still Bronco's best team.



Each year it's been a case of diminishing returns.



Bronco has built a good defense but allowed the offense to go to crap. And these are all now his recruits.



My answer? Time to move on from both him and Anae. Because what we've seen is what we're going to keep getting. I no longer believe Bronco and Anae will get us to an undefeated season.

Yup, Crowton became available a few weeks ago.
B
BigCougsFan
King Coug-



I'm leaving because of a bet.



But you homie... Is leaving likean emotional fan that still wears the gear.



Good luck to you. Is your new name King "Cheif"" Ute?



Who's your new team??



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
K
KingCoug
BroncoBot wrote:

Yup, Crowton became available a few weeks ago.


That would be the same as going back to Anae, i.e. returning to something that didn't work before.


BigCougsFan wrote:
King Coug-



I'm leaving because of a bet.



But you homie... Is leaving likean emotional fan that still wears the gear.



Good luck to you. Is your new name King "Cheif"" Ute?



Who's your new team??


That's just it. I'm a BYU fan. Not a Bronco fan. Not an Anae fan. What, I gotta be all sunshine and lolipops after losing 4 in a row to Utah or I'm not a true BYU fan? Take that pie in the sky crap outta here.
Advertisement
D
Ddawg
KingCoug wrote:



(And a big BOO to Tom Holmoe to agreeing to PAC 12 refs)


+1. Big time agreement. Ridiculous.
B
BigCougsFan
It's all good.



If Bronco or Anae were in front of you right now, you'd say "great" game.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
K
KingCoug
BigCougsFan wrote:
It's all good.



If Bronco or Anae were in front of you right now, you'd say "great" game.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


The hell I would.



I wouldn't attempt to argue X's and O's with them because that's not my job. But even a blind man can judge the results we've seen. They speak for themselves. Time to face reality.
B
BigCougsFan
Ddawg wrote:



(And a big BOO to Tom Holmoe to agreeing to PAC 12 refs)


+1. Big time agreement. Ridiculous.


Isn't that the NCAA agreement?



Visitor teams brings their conference officials mm.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
K
KingCoug
BigCougsFan wrote:

Isn't that the NCAA agreement?



Visitor teams brings their conference officials mm.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


I've never heard of that. Only with the PAC 10.2
Advertisement
S
SpiffCoug
Visiting teams usually bring officials. PAC12 also use their officials at home. The problem is there are PAC12 officials. The NCAA should manage officiating and assign crews.
K
KingCoug
SpiffCoug wrote:
Visiting teams usually bring officials. PAC12 also use their officials at home. The problem is there are PAC12 officials. The NCAA should manage officiating and assign crews.


Considering the history of the PAC 10.2 officials, Holmoe should have said no. I mean, we didn't get to bring "our" officials up to Utah last year, did we?
W
Wolfman
The refs didn't beat BYU... the QB and system Bronco and Anae are trying to run did.
J
jacksonman
I am with you 100% KingCoug. I am a BYU Football fan. I am a fan of football. I am a fan of offense.



BYU Football has only digressed for 4 years if not more. We make excuses about personnel, or individual sub-coaches, or other factors. But over time, the HC is the freaking HC and at some point it has to come back to him. 4 years of the same thing, with two different OC's and a bunch of different QB's and it is the SAME THING for FOUR YEARS! Based on performance, especially over the past 4 years with HIS recruits, and he deserves to get fired!



Anae should be fired simply for his play calling. In our loge we kept joking about betting on two run plays up the gut followed by an incomplete pass on 3rd and long. More often than not, that is exactly what happened. Screens, pitches, options, slants, outs, etc????



The program is going down hill and quickly. Beating a bad Texas team may have given us a false hope that things might be difference. But somehow Anae 2.0 and Nelson 2.0 is turning out to be worse than Doman/Nelson. Think about that for a second, and if you can still somehow justify to yourself why Bronco deserves more chances, I will truly be shocked, unless you are fan of BYU/Church first and that is the only reason why you follow BYU football. For true football fans, Bronco's performance on the field is unacceptable!
K
KingCoug
jacksonman wrote:
I am with you 100% KingCoug. I am a BYU Football fan. I am a fan of football. I am a fan of offense.



BYU Football has only digressed for 4 years if not more. We make excuses about personnel, or individual sub-coaches, or other factors. But over time, the HC is the freaking HC and at some point it has to come back to him. 4 years of the same thing, with two different OC's and a bunch of different QB's and it is the SAME THING for FOUR YEARS! Based on performance, especially over the past 4 years with HIS recruits, and he deserves to get fired!



Anae should be fired simply for his play calling. In our loge we kept joking about betting on two run plays up the gut followed by an incomplete pass on 3rd and long. More often than not, that is exactly what happened. Screens, pitches, options, slants, outs, etc????



The program is going down hill and quickly. Beating a bad Texas team may have given us a false hope that things might be difference. But somehow Anae 2.0 and Nelson 2.0 is turning out to be worse than Doman/Nelson. Think about that for a second, and if you can still somehow justify to yourself why Bronco deserves more chances, I will truly be shocked, unless you are fan of BYU/Church first and that is the only reason why you follow BYU football. For true football fans, Bronco's performance on the field is unacceptable!


What scares me is that we went back to Anae after Doman didn't work out. Why? Were there no other offensive coordinators available? Was Anae really all we had to go with?



And if that's not scary enough, what's really terrifying is the thought that as long as Bronco has winning seasons and runs a clean program, that will be enough for the powers that be. No matter how painful it is for us fans.
Page 1 of 2
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.