W
wazzucoug97Archived Topic
Hall Reprimanded by MWC
by wazzucoug97 · 11/30/2009
Advertisement
B
BroncoBotwazzucoug97 wrote:http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/post/_/id/14516/hall-reprimanded-by-the-mountain-west
Did espn think that Hall needed more than a slap on the wrist?
If eye gouging gets one game. I'd like to see what ESPN think an appropriate punishment should be.
If any other QB said this about BYU after beating them, the MWC wouldn't have said anything.
A
ABYUFANAccording to my source, the MWC wanted to tell Hall: "The Mountain West's sportsmanship policy expressly forbids people having an opinion unless it is first cleared by the opinion committee. In the future please remember that truthful statements of one's opinion are not allowed. Disingenuous statements are encouraged"
B
BYUTIMEdeclocoug wrote:http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/post/_/id/14516/hall-reprimanded-by-the-mountain-west
If any other QB said this about BYU after beating them, the MWC wouldn't have said anything.
We're so persecuted.
W
wazzucoug97Most of the Cougar fans at church yesterday thought it was over the top, but one of my neighbors who hangs a big Y flag from his porch said he thought if Max got suspended from the Bowl he deserved it! Yeah right! Suspending a player for hating his rival and letting them know it in a post game press conference :bug:
Advertisement
B
BroncoBotBYUTIME wrote:wazzucoug97 wrote:http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/post/_/id/14516/hall-reprimanded-by-the-mountain-west
If any other QB said this about BYU after beating them, the MWC wouldn't have said anything.
We're so persecuted.
Poor BYUTIME, couldn't handle persecution when he was playing under Bronco. You sir, are the ultimate sob story, how many years have you felt persecuted now?
G
GuestI don't mind the reprimand by the MWC. I also don't mind the sentiments of Hall now that he has apologized and clarified exactly what he meant. I think both were right actions, and I hope that now both administrations will take a hard look at how they are fueling this rivalry, and what they can do to stop inappropriate behavior.
W
wazzucoug97hawkwing wrote:
I don't mind the reprimand by the MWC. I also don't mind the sentiments of Hall now that he has apologized and clarified exactly what he meant. I think both were right actions, and I hope that now both administrations will take a hard look at how they are fueling this rivalry, and what they can do to stop inappropriate behavior.
I would suggest RES sack up and have their security confiscate vulgar and suggestive signs, dolls, etc. to start with.
B
BroncoBothawkwing wrote:
I don't mind the reprimand by the MWC. I also don't mind the sentiments of Hall now that he has apologized and clarified exactly what he meant. I think both were right actions, and I hope that now both administrations will take a hard look at how they are fueling this rivalry, and what they can do to stop inappropriate behavior.
I'm in the same boat Hawk, I just didn't like the ESPN article which made it seem like it was a light punishment. Certainly, it was appropriate. Hall did a great job of clarifying his comments.
F
Florwoodhawkwing wrote:
I hope that now both administrations will take a hard look at how they are fueling this rivalry, and what they can do to stop inappropriate behavior.
This could be the best thing coming out of Max's comments, that both administrations take their heads out of the sand and find a way to reduce bad incidents. Though I'm not sure how to do it without killing the intensity or making the stadium feel like a prison, with armed guards every few rows....
Advertisement
S
SammichFlorwood wrote:
making the stadium feel like a prison, with armed guards every few rows....
Might make most of the fans at RES feel right at home. :)
P
ProV1Please, Graham Watson. Pathetic blog entry. And the last line? Says who? We'll see if she's right, obviously, but why is that "likely?"
B
BroncoBotSammich wrote:making the stadium feel like a prison, with armed guards every few rows....
Might make most of the fans at RES feel right at home. :)
Terrible joke. Show some class Sammich.
Signed,
BYUTIME
Y
Y&Britwhich means absolutely nothing, as does the mwc.
C
CAFB_04-12BYUTIME wrote:wazzucoug97 wrote:http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/post/_/id/14516/hall-reprimanded-by-the-mountain-west
If any other QB said this about BYU after beating them, the MWC wouldn't have said anything.
We're so persecuted.
You're a dork.
Advertisement
C
craigoscarsonI'd love to see someone with a little journalism background and a nice steady hand take a cam corder up to the U (dress in neutral colors or even Utah colors - as to give the impression that you're either neutral or a byu hater yourself) and just ask fans:
1 What they think of BYU
then ask them baited questions like 1. What they think of black people 2. the president 3. gay marriage 4. any famous attractive female celebrity, etc. etc.
5. maybe even a math or science question so you can show how dumb some are
I assure you after a couple hours up on the hill and a little video editing, you'd have enough brutally classless and moronic commentary to make a million hit video on youtube and you'd never have a problem with recruiting an LDS player against the U if they saw it.
It has the potential to do a lot of harm to their cause if done correctly, and it would perfectly legal to do so.
If they want to spin everything like they do, I suggest we find the dumbest and worst Utah fans and throw it up on youtube.
I might just have to go to RES next year for the ball game and do exactly that.
If a current BYU student managed to pull that off, he'd be my hero.
** To be honest, this could be done anywhere, including BYU. If you did the same at the Y you could find a half hours worth of footage that would easily paint us and our fans in a bad light **
I'm just not certain there are Ute fans smart enough to do it... :munch:
1 What they think of BYU
then ask them baited questions like 1. What they think of black people 2. the president 3. gay marriage 4. any famous attractive female celebrity, etc. etc.
5. maybe even a math or science question so you can show how dumb some are
I assure you after a couple hours up on the hill and a little video editing, you'd have enough brutally classless and moronic commentary to make a million hit video on youtube and you'd never have a problem with recruiting an LDS player against the U if they saw it.
It has the potential to do a lot of harm to their cause if done correctly, and it would perfectly legal to do so.
If they want to spin everything like they do, I suggest we find the dumbest and worst Utah fans and throw it up on youtube.
I might just have to go to RES next year for the ball game and do exactly that.
If a current BYU student managed to pull that off, he'd be my hero.
** To be honest, this could be done anywhere, including BYU. If you did the same at the Y you could find a half hours worth of footage that would easily paint us and our fans in a bad light **
I'm just not certain there are Ute fans smart enough to do it... :munch:
S
snoscytheI can only hope this is the type of reprimand I get when my wife discovers I have set the Tivo to record the "fashion show" tomorrow night on CBS.
W
WickchadIs the MWC also going to reprimand the three Utah players that were caught on TV throwing/landing punches? They could technically suspend those players for the bowl game. One of those players being Reed.
S
SchmoeMax already clarified his statement, there really was no need for this other than for the MWC to feel high and mighty. Maybe they should focus on getting us some better bowl games and fixing their hair...
G
Guestsnoscythe wrote:
I can only hope this is the type of reprimand I get when my wife discovers I have set the Tivo to record the "fashion show" tomorrow night on CBS.
That is the true reason I got HD. I told my wife it was for sports, but wow! :love:
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.

