Archived Topic

Close game?

by SpiffCoug · 9/20/2013

Advertisement
S
SpiffCoug
Hey BYU players, this game doesn't have to be close. It doesn't have to come down to a few key plays at the end. You guys are good enough to beat the Utes by several touchdowns. You guys are talented enough to beat them into submission early and often. You have the ability to make the plays to crush the Utes' will.



This game doesn't have to be close. You can make it happen!
B
BroncoBot
totally agree. Get rid of the nerves and the mental game and BYU should win this going away.



We need a "No Fear" motivational t-shirt. ;)
N
nuk13
Thanks Spiff. This is a far better thread than the hate ones.
G
Guest
It is time.



It's time for a multiple score BYU victory. The fans are ready, the players are ready, the coaching staff is ready.
Y
Y 4 Ever
It will be close through halftime. BYU will start to pull away in the 3rd and the game will be effectively over by the 4th.
Advertisement
Y
YNot
Y 4 Ever wrote:
It will be close through halftime. BYU will start to pull away in the 3rd and the game will be effectively over by the 4th.


Hear, hear! I think there is a shot that BYU will pull away starting in its second drive of the second quarter. The Ewetes' defense will be gassed.



Here's to holding on to the ball and an evening of wonderfully perfect snaps!
U
Ungoy
I want BYU to demoralize the Utes so badly the the game will be over by halftime. I would love to see BYU up 35-0 at the half, and keep pounding them from there. I want this to be BYU's year to take Utah to the woodshed. The only time I want the game close is when BYU goes up 7-0.
C
Cougarbib
Having watched both teams - it is very difficult for me to see anything that is going to allow BYU to run away with this one. Battle to the bitter end.



And I would be delighted to see Hill find Harline, George, or Hoffman wide open in the endzone or have two Ute defenders crash into each other - better yet - KVN score twice.



Go Cougs



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
SpiffCoug
Really? You didn't watch THill run away from the Texas defenders? Chuckie Keeton is a great QB, and he ran all over Utah. THill is a better runner than Chuckie. We've seen that when THill can get lose in the running game - BYU can put up HUGE numbers (Texas, Hawaii).
L
Lawboy
Double Digit win. It's gonna happen this year for BYU. I just think BYU got over that hump vs. Texas and will now just go after the U pretty hard.
Advertisement
S
Stirfry
If win by more than 4 touchdowns I don't think I'd be able to stop smiling for like a month.



I'm really curious to see if Utah can stop our run. I'm no football analyst but there's so much talk about them being a top 15 team in stopping the run. Part of that is inflated by playing Weber State in 1/3 of their games. Another part is when OSU is throwing for 450+ yards and putting up 50 points, why bother to run?



I still have faith in Taysoms are. He shouldn't be last in the nation but he's played in two really wet games this year. Steve Tate wants Utah to bring the safety in to the box and just let the DB cover our wide outs. I really hope they listen to him.
C
Cougarbib
SpiffCoug wrote:
Really? You didn't watch THill run away from the Texas defenders? Chuckie Keeton is a great QB, and he ran all over Utah. THill is a better runner than Chuckie. We've seen that when THill can get lose in the running game - BYU can put up HUGE numbers (Texas, Hawaii).

Saw all of that. Also saw that Keeton is a very accurate passer. If T Hill matches the average BYU PER - I would expect a huge BYU win.



I also saw that Wilson is an accurate thrower and can run very effectively.



Both teams have explosive weapons, but have vulnerabilities.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.