Archived Topic

Hadley was clubbing in Vegas

by Cougs_Rule · 9/20/2013

Advertisement
C
Cougs_Rule
Jay Drew just Interviewed on 1280 stating that a pic was taken of SH clubbing. Drew couldn't see if it was a strip club. Some dude with email address name of Darin Losee sent pic to Trib and Utah. Went from there.

Nice.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
A
ABYUFAN
At least we don't have to hear that Hadley was running in trouble with the honor code because he's black....
G
Guest
Allegedly.
U
Ungoy
Not to excuse Hadley from his actions, but it takes being a :utard: to a whole new level of low-level idiotic douche to try to get a player from your rival's team in trouble. This yewt needs to be drawn and quartered.
W
Wolfman
Why does this crap even have to be public or publicized? The only thing fans, the media and public need to know is that he was suspended for a violation of team rules and/or the honor code... the offense is nobody else's business and it's pretty sad and pathetic that a photo of him in Vegas has to make it out into the public domain so we all know he was at a club in Vegas with alcohol present. This situation is no different than someone in your ward getting disfellowshipped or ex-communicated... it's no one else's business what the offense was. Sadly though, with social media now and the internet, situations like this are only going to become exposed in detail. Unfortunate, especially for the offender and/or his family.
Advertisement
C
Cougs_Rule
I considered not even posting what I had heard on the radio, but it would have been posted by someone.

The dude who turned over the photo will likely get lifetime Ute season tickets for his "heroism".
D
Ddawg
I'm just ticked that Spencer didn't invite me to go to Vegas with him. I would have made sure he went to the Blue Man Group and had a Diet Coke - caffeine free of course!



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
B
BYULV
Wolfman wrote:
Why does this crap even have to be public or publicized? The only thing fans, the media and public need to know is that he was suspended for a violation of team rules and/or the honor code... the offense is nobody else's business and it's pretty sad and pathetic that a photo of him in Vegas has to make it out into the public domain so we all know he was at a club in Vegas with alcohol present. This situation is no different than someone in your ward getting disfellowshipped or ex-communicated... it's no one else's business what the offense was. Sadly though, with social media now and the internet, situations like this are only going to become exposed in detail. Unfortunate, especially for the offender and/or his family.


Wow, I actually agree with Wolfie on something. Wierd
C
craigoscarson
If this is true, I have very little sympathy for Hadley. He should have known better during his senior year, his senior year....to be anywhere near Vegas.... it was stupid and selfish. People have to learn accountability and make good decisions; another reason I love BYU. The game is not bigger than the program or the rules.... this is what makes men out of boys.. Course if I were Kryle, I'd give a suspension to the dicks that decided it would be funny to mock his religion.. He didnt... and eventually LDS recruits can see who truly values accountability and who won't require accountability because they would rather accept classless acts than punish their classless players. What Hadley did was classless if true... and BYU held him accountable.... this does not happen at Utah, because winning ball games is more important than creating great men up there (and they still don't win).



BYU threw away what was likely an elite 8 or final 4 (we likely would have been a 1-2 seed if Davies doesn't miss any games before the dance and we obviously move further in the tourney with him... we were a razor thin margin away from it as it stands... who else does that? nobody) The person that benefits the most was Davies. Van Noy was told he couldn't come to school after his DUI for a year.. Van Noy benefits... Hadley has a chance to learn from this and finish his senior year strong,, but he better take accountability for what was a stupid thing for a senior leader to do. We're talking about an RM and a senior leader.... unacceptable. I'm not standing in judgement of the kid, I'm saying the same thing I would say to my own wife, my own kids, my own employees. It was stupid and irresponsible and now he has a chance to learn from it and be a better person and teammate. When you play a team sport, other people count on you... that's what bothers me the most. I will not hear the "kids do stupid things" excuse. Not as a senior RM... he is supposed to be the one setting the example.
K
KingCoug
Supposedly it was the Spearmint Rhino strip club. If true, Hadley and Jacob Stocking (the BYU booster he may have been with) are the first to deserve blame. What in hades is a BYU player doing there? Hadley is Mormon, isn't he? And even if he's not, he knows about the Honor Code. For him to pull such a stunt, as a Senior and one of the leaders of this team, is beyond comprehension. Both Hadley and Stocking are first rate jackyewts.



After that, blame goes to the muckraker Ute fan (Darren Lucy?) who reportedly took the photo. I'd love to catch the guy in an alley somewhere and beat him to a pulp. Also, blame goes to Utah compliance officer, Kate Charipar. It seems she was only too eager to encourage this along, especially right before the rivalry game. I hope she wakes up tomorrow with cervical cancer.



The first order of business should be for the team to give Hadely the soap-in-a-sock treatment.



The second order of business should be for BYU to kick this Stocking guy to the curb.



The third (and most important) order of business should be to absolutely destroy the Utes this Saturday!
Advertisement
K
KingCoug
craigoscarson wrote:
Course if I were Kryle, I'd give a suspension to the dicks that decided it would be funny to mock his religion.. He didnt... and eventually LDS recruits can see who truly values accountability and who won't require accountability because they would rather accept classless acts than punish their classless players. What Hadley did was classless if true... and BYU helpd him accountable.... this does not happen at Utah.


Kyle suspend any player right before the rivalry game? It would take them committing murder for him to even consider that. And it would probably only be for the first half of the game. We've seen before what kind of guy Whittingham is. Like I said, he fits in perfectly up at the U.
B
BroncoBot
Yeah, this stinks, But I'm a fan watching a game. In the end I hope it's an isolated event for Hadley and he gets back on course quickly and with even more determination. It's terrible that Hadley is being hung out to dry like this by the media, though. I'm sure the team, "bishop" Mendenhall, and BYU administration is behind Hadley all the way. Which is one more reason that this "holier than thou" fan supports BYU.
B
BoiseBYU
KingCoug wrote:
Supposedly it was the Spearmint Rhino strip club. If true, Hadley and Jacob Stocking (the BYU booster he may have been with) are the first to deserve blame. What in hades is a BYU player doing there? Hadley is Mormon, isn't he? And even if he's not, he knows about the Honor Code. For him to pull such a stunt, as a Senior and one of the leaders of this team, is beyond comprehension. Both Hadley and Stocking are first rate jackyewts.



After that, blame goes to the muckraker Ute fan (Darren Lucy?) who reportedly took the photo. I'd love to catch the guy in an alley somewhere and beat him to a pulp. Also, blame goes to Utah compliance officer, Kate Charipar. It seems she was only too eager to encourage this along, especially right before the rivalry game. I hope she wakes up tomorrow with cervical cancer.



The first order of business should be for the team to give Hadely the soap-in-a-sock treatment.



The second order of business should be for BYU to kick this Stocking guy to the curb.



The third (and most important) order of business should be to absolutely destroy the Utes this Saturday!


Cervical cancer? Really? That's shameful. I'm fine with her forwarding to BYU. Hadley NEEDS to be made accountable, not covered up. Blame is on Hadley and this supposed BYU booster. What a moron.
W
Wolfman
BYU is going to end up with the short end of the stick on two fronts here... first, the negative impact Hadley's absence will have on the D unit against the Ute O and second, the distraction this whole fiasco is taking on prep time and the players emotionally this week. Typically, when something like this happens, the distraction during the week and the emotions involved cause a team to not be as ready or as focused for a big game. I guess we'll see in about 48 hours.
K
KingCoug
BoiseBYU wrote:
Cervical cancer? Really? That's shameful. I'm fine with her forwarding to BYU. Hadley NEEDS to be made accountable, not covered up. Blame is on Hadley and this supposed BYU booster. What a moron.


OK, how about a really bad urinary tract infection? :whistle:



And I did blame Hadley the most.
Advertisement
C
craigoscarson
Wolfman wrote:
Why does this crap even have to be public or publicized? The only thing fans, the media and public need to know is that he was suspended for a violation of team rules and/or the honor code... the offense is nobody else's business and it's pretty sad and pathetic that a photo of him in Vegas has to make it out into the public domain so we all know he was at a club in Vegas with alcohol present. This situation is no different than someone in your ward getting disfellowshipped or ex-communicated... it's no one else's business what the offense was. Sadly though, with social media now and the internet, situations like this are only going to become exposed in detail. Unfortunate, especially for the offender and/or his family.


You're right it's not the publics business and I would have been better off not knowing. But if what's being said is true, I'd be pissed off that my senior RM leader would put his ability to play in the biggest game of his life and affect my team for what? He deserves the suspension and he's lucky he didn't get booted off the team. A senior RM should know better and should be a better example to his team... I simply don't have it in me to feel sympathy for Hadley right now. Like I said, I agree it's not my business but now that I know I'm proud of BYU for suspending him and I'm very disapointed by a senior RM that he would do this to himself and more importantly to his team. BYU still wins this game handily.. (Utah is really really bad)but Hadley has to take accountability for his actions and I'm digusted that a senior RM would make himself such an easy target and do something so dumb with the biggest game of his life on the horizon.
W
Wolfman
Is Hadley married? I hope not.
S
SpiffCoug
Stupid decision by Hadley. Decided to go clubbing 400 miles from campus the night before he's flying cross-country for the first game of his final season.



Also, poor form by the Ute who only turned in Hadley from a selfish desire to get a BYU player in trouble and hopefully help his team. There are better ways to encourage people to live the Honor Code.
C
craigoscarson
Wolfman wrote:
BYU is going to end up with the short end of the stick on two fronts here... first, the negative impact Hadley's absence will have on the D unit against the Ute O and second, the distraction this whole fiasco is taking on prep time and the players emotionally this week. Typically, when something like this happens, the distraction during the week and the emotions involved cause a team to not be as ready or as focused for a big game. I guess we'll see in about 48 hours.


I think you'll see a more focused BYU team. They have more talented linebackers than Hadley, they 1. just needed an opportunity 2. they just got a chance to prove they're more talented (Pikula is more physically talented than Hadley, Jorgenson, or Beck... he's not as fundamentally sound... this is the kind of week a player like Pikula gets to step up and if he does, Hadley might not ever get his job back....) BYU wins handily, Hadley's suspension will be a footnote... the poor guy should have been more responsible to himself and to his teammates. He owes the fans no apology and no response.. he owes his teammates a huge apology; but this is hardly a major distraction for BYU, particularly when they've had the entire 2 weeks to prepare...
C
craigoscarson
Keep in mind that Hadley was suspended for what the the U could send an entire team bus of their players to go do. It's not an even playing field. Hadley was stupid and irresponsible.. but at least BYU has standards.
Page 1 of 4
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.