Archived Topic

Say what you will about Bronco's uni decisions...

by Schmoe · 9/19/2013

Advertisement
S
Schmoe
...but he's got this one right on:



Jason Shepherd @kslshep

Bronco said that if the decision was solely his, BYU would go back to royal blue.
C
Cougarfan87
Schmoe wrote:
...but he's got this one right on:



Jason Shepherd @kslshep

Bronco said that if the decision was solely his, BYU would go back to royal blue.




MAKE IT HIS DECISION!!! MAKE IT HIS DECISION!!!
R
redneckjedi
Cougarfan87 wrote:
...but he's got this one right on:



Jason Shepherd @kslshep

Bronco said that if the decision was solely his, BYU would go back to royal blue.




MAKE IT HIS DECISION!!! MAKE IT HIS DECISION!!!


FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS SACRED, LISTEN TO THIS MAN!!!
U
Ungoy
Yup, Shep speaks the truth. I heard the Q/A in person and witnessed his answer. This needs to be Bronco's decision. Royal over Navy any day!
S
snoscythe
Go pound sand.



Love,

NIKE
Advertisement
F
frdbtr
Schmoe wrote:
...but he's got this one right on:



Jason Shepherd @kslshep

Bronco said that if the decision was solely his, BYU would go back to royal blue.


The decision isn't solely his because BYU has a contract with Nike. Bronco had to pull some strings to get the orig uni design back.
R
redneckjedi
Well, Oregon changes all their crap every year, and Nike is fine with it - in fact, they're behind it. Probably because all the fans have to buy all the new crap. So, if we changed to royal blue, we'd have to buy all the new crap. Nike wins, BYU wins, and I win. Everybody wins! :)



I've already voted with my $. My gameday shirt for this season is the Royal, Strong and True one - despite the fact that it was much, much more than the navy one.
C
Cougs_Rule
I will never criticize Bronco ever again. Ever. Seriously. (Unless he lets Riley's brother transfer to BYU and then plays him at qb).

I'm not buying the Nike thing as an exclusive reason.

GO ROYAL!!!!
S
SpiffCoug
Why would BYU switch? How many Loyal Strong and True gameday shirts have they sold this year? How many ROYAL Stron and True shirts have they sold? Why would they only want to sell one shirt color when they can sell TWO and make more money.



They're not going to go back to Royal Blue exclusively. They sell more merchandise when all us suckers who have such a hunkering for the color buy all our BYU gear - and then buy it all over again when it comes out in Royal.
C
Cougarfan87
frdbtr wrote:
...but he's got this one right on:



Jason Shepherd @kslshep

Bronco said that if the decision was solely his, BYU would go back to royal blue.


The decision isn't solely his because BYU has a contract with Nike. Bronco had to pull some strings to get the orig uni design back.


I wonder how long the contract is good for. They should make the royal blue color a requirement of the next contract. I don't mind if they mess with the tint a little on the Royal blue, but it should still be royal blue. The gators haven't changed their colors. Alabama hasn't changed its colors. UCLA, USC, etc. haven't changed their colors. They may all tweak the designs a little, but the colors remain relatively constant.



I WANT MY TRADITIONAL COLORS BACK!!! They are sharp, clean, and awesome!
Advertisement
S
stuckinbig10country
I prefer the Navy. I guess I'm in the minority. Oh well. I also think the white on white combo is an abomination.
A
ABYUFAN
stuckinbig10country wrote:
I prefer the Navy. I guess I'm in the minority. Oh well. I also think the white on white combo is an abomination.

Agreed on both counts, not that that'll be much comfort to you though
J
jonnylingo
SpiffCoug wrote:
Why would BYU switch? How many Loyal Strong and True gameday shirts have they sold this year? How many ROYAL Stron and True shirts have they sold? Why would they only want to sell one shirt color when they can sell TWO and make more money.



They're not going to go back to Royal Blue exclusively. They sell more merchandise when all us suckers who have such a hunkering for the color buy all our BYU gear - and then buy it all over again when it comes out in Royal.


I live having both. also the shirst probably didn't sell that well because they had "royal strong and blue" all ove rthem. I would have certainly purchased a unique utah royal blue tshirt but i was not interested in the royal strong and blue shirt. i wouldn't wear it ever. why can't we just do a normal shirt without something stupid on it.
B
BroncoBot
jonnylingo wrote:
Why would BYU switch? How many Loyal Strong and True gameday shirts have they sold this year? How many ROYAL Stron and True shirts have they sold? Why would they only want to sell one shirt color when they can sell TWO and make more money.



They're not going to go back to Royal Blue exclusively. They sell more merchandise when all us suckers who have such a hunkering for the color buy all our BYU gear - and then buy it all over again when it comes out in Royal.


I live having both. also the shirst probably didn't sell that well because they had "royal strong and blue" all ove rthem. I would have certainly purchased a unique utah royal blue tshirt but i was not interested in the royal strong and blue shirt. i wouldn't wear it ever. why can't we just do a normal shirt without something stupid on it.

I've never bought anything in navy. Although, I have made plenty of custom BYU shirts using the old logos and royal. Suck it nike.
A
ABYUFAN
BroncoBot wrote:
SpiffCoug wrote:
Why would BYU switch? How many Loyal Strong and True gameday shirts have they sold this year? How many ROYAL Stron and True shirts have they sold? Why would they only want to sell one shirt color when they can sell TWO and make more money.



They're not going to go back to Royal Blue exclusively. They sell more merchandise when all us suckers who have such a hunkering for the color buy all our BYU gear - and then buy it all over again when it comes out in Royal.


I live having both. also the shirst probably didn't sell that well because they had "royal strong and blue" all ove rthem. I would have certainly purchased a unique utah royal blue tshirt but i was not interested in the royal strong and blue shirt. i wouldn't wear it ever. why can't we just do a normal shirt without something stupid on it.

I've never bought anything in navy. Although, I have made plenty of custom BYU shirts using the old logos and royal. Suck it nike.

I'm kind of the opposite. Because Nike gives the school an estimated 2 million plus dollars a year, I buy almost exclusive Nike. Nike running shoes, work out clothes, shorts, shirts, socks everything. If Adidas ever takes over I'll happily switch brands. But I see both sides of this issue and to each his own...
Advertisement
L
Lawboy
I prefer navy. Stronger color. Royal Blue is too close to French Blue, and you know, the French are pansies.



I'd prefer it is BYU kept the navy as the main color, but added some royal and/or black trim. Or use it as an alternate, like the Utah game. Options are nice.
M
Mingjai
stuckinbig10country wrote:
I prefer the Navy. I guess I'm in the minority. Oh well. I also think the white on white combo is an abomination.


I prefer navy with retro royal uniforms on special occasions. I wonder how much of the love for royal is because of retro or nostalgia. I was at BYU for both royal and navy years (transition during my mission) and the amount of BYU gear I saw people wearing increased by an order of magnitude after the switch. It's hard to pull off wearing royal blue every day, but relatively easy to get away with navy every day.



But I like the white on white combo.
S
stgeorgefan
The almighty dollar rules. In this case we are talking about Nike and merchandise sales.

The best we can do is what we are currently getting, the royal's on special occasions.



I guess I'm the minority too, I dig the white on white 8)

I too would love to have some black trim added as lawboy suggested.
S
stuckinbig10country
I'd like the black uniforms to also be included every year.



I like how some teams get to vote on the color combinations for the week.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.