Archived Topic

Man, feels good to be a Coug again.

by mcgregor · 9/17/2013

Advertisement
M
mcgregor
Can't wait for BYU to keep it that way this weekend.
C
cscoug
Living here in Texas and watching so many (yes, MANY) of my UT colleagues eat crow over a week ago makes me shout AMEN to this thread. Especially after suffering through that second half in Austin 2 years ago. (Ironically, we held 13 point leads in both games. I'm so glad this games ended differently.)



As one of my friends said after the Ole Miss game, "I love the Longhorn Network. Now they replay that loss 24/7." We have the same opportunity with BYU's win on BYUTV.



With all the joy I feel, I still don't know if we have a good team or not. Will BYU's OL be able to be assertive in our next game? Will Utah take our soft corners' cushions and mitigate our advantage at the front 7? (The answer is yes; they always do.) Will Taysom be required to complete passes to win games and will he be able to? Will we be able to make a field goal when the game is actually on the line?



Seems to me that we need to see the answers to these questions before I will know what kind of year we will have. But for now, it feels awesome to be a cougar.
J
jonnylingo
the key in my mind is if we are able to establish a running game. if we can, then taysom won't have to beat them with his arm and i think our offense can score enough and our defense can stop utah enough to win.
M
mcgregor
jonnylingo wrote:
the key in my mind is if we are able to establish a running game. if we can, then taysom won't have to beat them with his arm and i think our offense can score enough and our defense can stop utah enough to win.


Agreed. I think most everyone agrees that Utah will sell out to stop the run and force Taysom to beat them with his arm. How beautiful would it be to STILL beat them with the run. And, it would open up the passing game for Taysom.
S
stgeorgefan
"Man, feels good to be a Coug again."



Said Mary Kay Letourneau when she was released from prison :bug:
Advertisement
J
jonnylingo
mcgregor wrote:
the key in my mind is if we are able to establish a running game. if we can, then taysom won't have to beat them with his arm and i think our offense can score enough and our defense can stop utah enough to win.


Agreed. I think most everyone agrees that Utah will sell out to stop the run and force Taysom to beat them with his arm. How beautiful would it be to STILL beat them with the run. And, it would open up the passing game for Taysom.


Exactly. If we can run, Taysom can throw well enough to do some damage. If they stop the run and we are one dimensional i am afraid taysom is no mannion and we will throw some picks and lose.



Good news is I suspect our defense may be able to make Wilson one dimensional and that resulted in three picks last week. Erickson didn't trust him in overtime throwing the ball and that is why they lost. He also didn't trust him throwing the ball in the first quarter where they didn't get a single first down. more importantly wilson wont be able to bail out hte lack of running game with his legs against our speedy linebackers. i keep waffling. I have no idea who is going to win.
B
BroncoBot
Man, feels good to still be a Coug.
V
vancouvercougar
I feel good about this game, but I got to say it feels better to be a cougar than a :utard: whether we win or not.
C
Cougs_Rule
But how good will it feel after a win Saturday???!!!!!

Beating UT was like a strike in bowling. Losing to Utah will feel like following up with one--probably more gutter balls.
S
snoscythe
...said Courtney Cox? Diane Lane?
Advertisement
S
stgeorgefan
snoscythe wrote:
...said Courtney Cox? Diane Lane?

My thoughts exactly. Though I went with the school teacher instead :P
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.