Archived Topic

Quick utah osu story

by AmmonCougar1 · 9/17/2013

Advertisement
A
AmmonCougar1
So Saturday was the day our oldest son went through the temple for his endowment. Many relatives came to town to join us and remain with us through Sunday for his sacrament talk. My in-laws are very red and my FIL said, "you going to find us a place to watch the game or do I have to get a motel room and watch it sitting on the edge of a bed?" I said I'd see what I could do. There are only two ute fans in my ward and I wanted nothing to do with them. So I called another friend who is a diehard but at least kind of obejective and invited myself and my FIL and a BIL up to his place to watch the game. He said he would tivo it and we could start at 8:45p.



8:00 arrives and my FIL says, "let's go. The game is starting." I explained to him that he listened to me make arrangements and that my ute buddy wanted to start it at 8:45p. He was bugged but had no choice but to wait. When we headed to the game he said he was going to follow us up in his own car in case the game got out of hand. On the way up he checked the score, 13-0 OSU and turned around and went back to my house and to bed. So I endured the entire game with my BIL and my buddy and his family. When they went into OT the whole group was yelling and trashing talking about how they owned OSU and if it hadn't been for a couple lucky picks they wouldn't even have had to go to OT. After the FG and then the subsequent 3 or 4 play winning drive they sat there stunned and I LOVED saying matter-of-factly, "well that's it. Let go home." Everyone was so bummed and I loved it!



Go Cougs!!!

J. Child

Ammon, ID
C
Cougarbib
I finally learned how to use the DVR feature on my Dish Hopper and used it for the first time on this game. It is a great way to watch a game, and if you time it well, you can skip commercials and end right in synch with the actual time.



But, I do not know if I could take the suspense of watching a BYU game this way and fighting the temptation to ff and get caught up immediately.



But - I think I can still go back and watch the Utes lose to OSU over and over again.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
V
vancouvercougar
Cougarbib wrote:
I finally learned how to use the DVR feature on my Dish Hopper and used it for the first time on this game. It is a great way to watch a game, and if you time it well, you can skip commercials and end right in synch with the actual time.



But, I do not know if I could take the suspense of watching a BYU game this way and fighting the temptation to ff and get caught up immediately.



But - I think I can still go back and watch the Utes lose to OSU over and over again.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


You may have plenty of opportunities to watch the utes lose this year.
E
EM_Puma
We have stake conference this weekend and so I will not be home in time for the start of the BYU game and will DVR it. There has been a conflict with four of the last five rivalry games. I'll take my time getting back so I can fast forward through commercials, but if the game goes too far south, then I'll wait and watch it later. I can't think of much in life outside of personal family tragedies that affects me more than watching BYU lose to Utah and after three straight years of this, I'm beside myself with anxiety over this game.



I watched most of the Puktah/OSU game, but actually fell asleep watching it and didn't know of their loss until I woke up early on Sunday for pre-church meetings. I liked the end result. I did want to have them come in undefeated so far to have that carrot dangling in front of our Cougar's eyes, but there was just something satisfying about Puktah losing in overtime to a fellow bottom dweller this season who lost to E. Washington. From this point forward I can't imagine anything but pleasure I would derive from Puketah losing everyone last one of their games. There is no joy in any of their achievements and it is hard to have them living among us.
C
Cougs_Rule
Great story, Ammon. I guess good things happen when you are "living right." :-)

On the other hand its always nice when bad things happen to bad people. ;-)
Advertisement
S
SpiffCoug
The only problem with watching a game you've recorded our starting it 30 min late so you can far forward through commercials and half time is friends.



I like being able to skip all that stuff, but you have to either warn your friends or disconnect your phone to avoid spoilers so that the game is still "live" to you.



I usually turn my phone off. Nothing worse than a friend you didn't think to warn running the game with a text. My dad is notorious for calling me and asking if I'm watching. When I say I just started it, he'll say, well I won't ruin it or tell you the score but you'll want to call me in the 2nd quarter.
Q
Qman
SpiffCoug wrote:
The only problem with watching a game you've recorded our starting it 30 min late so you can far forward through commercials and half time is friends.



I like being able to skip all that stuff, but you have to either warn your friends or disconnect your phone to avoid spoilers so that the game is still "live" to you.



I usually turn my phone off. Nothing worse than a friend you didn't think to warn running the game with a text. My dad is notorious for calling me and asking if I'm watching. When I say I just started it, he'll say, well I won't ruin it or tell you the score but you'll want to call me in the 2nd quarter.




The Weather Delays have killed my DVR plans this year.
V
vancouvercougar
Qman wrote:
The only problem with watching a game you've recorded our starting it 30 min late so you can far forward through commercials and half time is friends.



I like being able to skip all that stuff, but you have to either warn your friends or disconnect your phone to avoid spoilers so that the game is still "live" to you.



I usually turn my phone off. Nothing worse than a friend you didn't think to warn running the game with a text. My dad is notorious for calling me and asking if I'm watching. When I say I just started it, he'll say, well I won't ruin it or tell you the score but you'll want to call me in the 2nd quarter.




The Weather Delays have killed my DVR plans this year.


I added 90 minutes to my DVR recording of the games--- still wasn't enough. I should just plan on recording the whole day.
C
Cougarbib
vancouvercougar wrote:
SpiffCoug wrote:
The only problem with watching a game you've recorded our starting it 30 min late so you can far forward through commercials and half time is friends.



I like being able to skip all that stuff, but you have to either warn your friends or disconnect your phone to avoid spoilers so that the game is still "live" to you.



I usually turn my phone off. Nothing worse than a friend you didn't think to warn running the game with a text. My dad is notorious for calling me and asking if I'm watching. When I say I just started it, he'll say, well I won't ruin it or tell you the score but you'll want to call me in the 2nd quarter.




The Weather Delays have killed my DVR plans this year.


I added 90 minutes to my DVR recording of the games--- still wasn't enough. I should just plan on recording the whole day.


Even then - they keep tossin the game over to a different channel.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.