Archived Topic

If/Then -- BYU/Utah

by snoscythe · 9/17/2013

Advertisement
S
snoscythe
Here's a new thread style to try on for size--complete both of the following statements:





If BYU wins, then I will __________________.

If Utah wins, then I will __________________.
S
snoscythe
If BYU wins, then I will wear the douche-iest smile I have every time I see a Ute fan from now until September 10, 2016, and hopefully thereafter.



If Utah wins, I'm going to kick myself in the nuts for not putting my tickets on stubhub this week.
K
KingCoug
If BYU wins I will breathe a huge sigh of relief and enjoy the next three years of bragging rights.



If Utah wins, I will just about be at the end of my rope with Bronco. I don't care what else he does. Losing four times in a row to your rival is inexcusable.
C
Cougarbib
If BYU wins - I will start drinking the kool-aid

If Utah wins - I will wonder what is the point of that?



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
stgeorgefan
If Byu wins I will be sporting Byu gear at least 3-5 days following. Byu tie sunday, hat shirt monday-friday at work.



If Utah wins i will stay off facebook for the next week and avoid ute fans wherever I go
Advertisement
S
SpiffCoug
If BYU wins I will drink the Kool-Aid by the gallon and believe that the Cougars run the table.



If Utah wins I will once again wish I had gone to the Real Salt Lake game instead. Im going to the BYU game, knowing they Cougs have lost the last three games in spectacular fashion; while RSL had won their three contests held on the same day as a BYU home game.
A
AmmonCougar1
If BYU wins I will try my best to be objective and encouraging to my utah loving in-laws all the while feeling a HUGE amount of satisfaction at their obvious hatred that a BYU fan can be so kind (albeit forced) after a win when they can be such butts whenever utah wins. It drives them crazy!



If utah wins I will still be a huge Bronco supporter because I am thoroughly impressed with how he focuses so much on the players and helping them become better human beings and citizens. I loved his book. I love the success stories. I love the firesides (even though I have yet to attend one) because they all reflect the kind of coach that puts people first not winning. And even though it will hurt to lose...for the 4th time in a row...I will know we still have a better man running the show that the SNOT.



Go Cougs!!!

J. Child

Ammon, ID
B
BigCougsFan
BYU wins- I will preach the Cougars will run the table. Every opponent we have is beatable.



Utah wins- I have posted on here very little in the past years. I'll just delete this account. I might need help with that, as I'm not sure I can delete my own account?
A
AmmonCougar1
BigCougsFan wrote:
BYU wins- I will preach the Cougars will run the table. Every opponent we have is beatable.



Utah wins- I have posted on here very little in the past years. I'll just delete this account. I might need help with that, as I'm not sure I can delete my own account?


Is that like virtual suicide? ;)



Go Cougs!!!

J. Child

Ammon, ID
E
EM_Puma
If BYU wins, then I will savor every day of my sports life over the next three years. It will be a win for the ages so to speak since it will last three years.



If Utah wins, then I will struggle to support Bronco as the HC. I won't cry for his release, but it will become too obvious that he still doesn't understand completely that while those things he focuses on besides football are good, sports does exist for you to be able to beat you rival and losing four times in a row is unacceptable. I can directly correlate my push-back on sports in my life to the losses to Puketah over the last three years. I don't think I'll ever recover from that 54-10 loss in Provo that cost me near $100 to experience. Emotionally is was in my top 10 of worst days of my life.
Advertisement
C
Cougs_Rule
EM_Puma wrote:
If BYU wins, then I will savor every day of my sports life over the next three years. It will be a win for the ages so to speak since it will last three years.



If Utah wins, then I will struggle to support Bronco as the HC. I won't cry for his release, but it will become too obvious that he still doesn't understand completely that while those things he focuses on besides football are good, sports does exist for you to be able to beat you rival and losing four times in a row is unacceptable. I can directly correlate my push-back on sports in my life to the losses to Puketah over the last three years. I don't think I'll ever recover from that 54-10 loss in Provo that cost me near $100 to experience. Emotionally is was in my top 10 of worst days of my life.


You really need to stop gambling. ;-)
C
Cougs_Rule
Cougarbib wrote:
If BYU wins - I will start drinking the kool-aid

If Utah wins - I will wonder what is the point of that?



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


Its pretty hard drinking out of both sides of Ur mouth. :utard:
C
Cougs_Rule
If BYU wins--I will be elated and stop fighting the sinking feeling that BYU is becoming little brother.

If Utah wins--I'm going to have to re-find my religion on Sunday.
N
nuk13
A win will restore my faith in good triumphing over bad. Otherwise I will wonder who will get back at the utes for laying 70 points on Weber State. I'm not a big fan of Weber State but that is poor (is there a better word) sportsmanship. Even if I wasn't a BYU fan I'd want the utes to loose. My brother in Wyoming is even pulling for BYU. Of course we remember the onside kick. Come to think of it, rotten is a better word than poor for whitingham and the utes.
G
Guest
If BYU wins, I will record a weekly podcast and discuss the game.



If they don't, I won't.
Advertisement
I
IowaCougar
If BYU wins, I'll celebrate by wearing my BYU tie, shirt, etc.



There is no other possibility, so no point in discussing it! 8)
C
Cougarbib
Cougs_Rule wrote:
If BYU wins - I will start drinking the kool-aid

If Utah wins - I will wonder what is the point of that?



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


Its pretty hard drinking out of both sides of Ur mouth. :utard:


Let me help you understand this comment and context. I predicted a BYU win in the prediction thread I started. In various places, I have made it clear that I expect a nail biter and a narrow margin. I call these 51 vs 49% predictions. It could go either way. I predict BYU wins. There are many uncertainties in this game. A few key ones on both sides. Can BYU pass protect. Can TH throw? Can BYU corners cover? How many snaps will BYU bounce on the ground or bobble? Can our punter get the kicks off a little quicker?



Will Wilson look like the QB with the 2nd longest streak of no interceptions as announced vs OSU in rhe first half, or will he throw 3 picks like he did in the 2nd half? Can U D mount a pass rush? Can they cover man to man? Can U stop the run? Can Wilson run vs BYU? Is J Dub healthy? Is Hoff 100% yet? Those kind of questions.



Anyone that thinks they know the answers to all of these questions has been drinking the Koolaid. If BYU beats U, as I predicted, that will answer most, if not all, of these questions - thus making it safe, even for a realist, to sip from the blue vessel of sweetness.



Now, if U wins this game under any circumstance, I have to wonder, "What is the point of that?" That is because, win or lose, Utah is not going anywhere good in 2013.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
B
Bluma
If BYU wins, I will think we have been vindicated for all the embarassing losses the past few years.



If Utah wins, I will worry about how we will fare against real teams like Boise State, Wisconsin, and Notre Dame.
C
cougarsunited
If BYU wins, I will sacrifice a Ute as a token of thanksgiving.



If Utah wins, I will find a Ute fan an kill him.



Either way, both will give me some sense of satisfaction, pretty much set myself up for a win-win here.
S
Schmoe
nuk13 wrote:
I'm not a big fan of Weber State but that is poor (is there a better word) sportsmanship.


Not on a BYU message board, there's not. ;)
Page 1 of 2
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.