Archived Topic

My letter to Putin

by BoiseBYU · 9/16/2013

Advertisement
B
BoiseBYU
Mr. Putin, you wrote America to crow over your foreign policy success in Syria and to criticize America for its belief in its exceptionalism. You saw a wounded President Obama and went for the literary kill. Even if I agree that my President has done things wrong in the Middle East, he's my President and it is my country you're roasting, so you get this response. First, how is it that your client state Syria is allowed to kill its citizens and you sit idly by, even enabling the slaughter, only to pull the plug when the United States threatens action? You enable mass murder and the use of chemical weapons and glady look the other way. You only show up when your puppet appears threatened. I know it is hard to separate yourself from your shirtless horse rides for the media to actually do something, but to claim credit now? Really? And about exceptionalism. We had a revolution that gave birth to liberty, innovation, freedom and opportunity. You had a revolution that killed or at least sought to kill those very ideals and principles. Our revolution gave birth to Jefferson and Lincoln and Roosevelt and Reagan. Your revolution spawned Stalin and Mao, two of the greatest murderers of the last century. What has come from us has given hope and opportunity to the world. I do not pretend that this makes us better. There are many other lands and people who make this world a better place. But it does make us exceptional. Who do you bring or what do you bring to the world? Corruption, cronyism and stagnation is all I see. In the end I am fine with your printing your piece in a paper in America, because we have the freedom to see through you and your claims. You are empty in ideas, empty to hope, and empty in a future any one left freely to choose would choose.
N
nuk13
Very good BoiseBYU. I would modify what you said about Stalin and Mao. I had a friend, since deceased, who had a book that named Stalin as the greatest murderer in history. Mao was next with Hitler 3rd on the list. As far as I know the book is very rare. I cannot verify and don't really care to.



I would add that we had a lot to do with them prevailing over the Germans. We sent aircraft, tanks and who knows what all to them. I have no idea how many billions with a b in 1940's money we simply handed to them. Not one red (pun intended) cent was paid back. We were paid back of course with a cold war that cost us more billions.



Yes, Putin, you have quite a legacy to follow.
I
imuakahuku
Dear Mr. Putin

Get bent!



Also, I acknowledge that American Exceptionalism is a foreign concept to you but is the exact reason that the youngest major country went from worst to first in less than 200 years. This Exceptionalism is that the government reports to the people and not vice versa. Our government is answerable to the people who are not subjects but citizens. And this great experiment has proven to be the single greatest program to benefit the Earth in every imagined way with our greatest export being the idea of liberty to all.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
N
nuk13
imuakahuku wrote:
Dear Mr. Putin

Get bent!



Also, I acknowledge that American Exceptionalism is a foreign concept to you but is the exact reason that the youngest major country went from worst to first in less than 200 years. This Exceptionalism is that the government reports to the people and not vice versa. Our government is answerable to the people who are not subjects but citizens. And this great experiment has proven to be the single greatest program to benefit the Earth in every imagined way with our greatest export being the idea of liberty to all.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


Very good!
Advertisement
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.