Archived Topic

BYU "soft?"

by mizzoucoug · 9/15/2013

Advertisement
M
mizzoucoug
The announcer of the Notre Dame game just a minute or so ago was discussing ND's schedule and said that it "softens up a bit at the end...they play BYU and then a big one out at Stanford."



I enjoy that disrespectful comment. I have a lot more to see to believe in this team, but I refuse to believe that Anae will allow our offense to be soft any longer, especially if last week is any sort of precursor. It's on!
S
Schmoe
:roll: Really, we're a "soft" opponent compared to powerhouse Purdue? :roll:
D
Ddawg
Good. I hope that's the attitude of the Notre Dame coaching staff, and the football team. I hope they prepare for a "soft" BYU. It will be a pleasure to set the record straight. Bam!



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
R
redneckjedi
Herbie was saying that the schedule was soft for a bit UNTIL the games with BYU and Stanford. We weren't included in the "soft" portion.
M
mizzoucoug
redneckjedi wrote:
Herbie was saying that the schedule was soft for a bit UNTIL the games with BYU and Stanford. We weren't included in the "soft" portion.


That's possible, but not the way I interpreted his comments.
Advertisement
B
BerliNY
mizzoucoug wrote:
Herbie was saying that the schedule was soft for a bit UNTIL the games with BYU and Stanford. We weren't included in the "soft" portion.


That's possible, but not the way I interpreted his comments.


BYU's no pushover, but playing BYU in South Bend is a much much softer proposition compared to playing Stanford in Palo Alto.
S
stgeorgefan
It doesn't matter what the announcers said. Notre Dame just about lost to Byu last year and knows were no push over. The sure fire way for ND to lose this year would be to over look the cougs. Brian Kelly won't do that. End of story.
J
jonnylingo
Calling byu soft is simply ignorant. we might nmot be that good but we are not soft. we will knock your running back and quarterback out.
R
redneckjedi
jonnylingo wrote:
Calling byu soft is simply ignorant. we might nmot be that good but we are not soft. we will knock your running back and quarterback out.


Like I said, he didn't call BYU soft. In fact, he actually read out BYU with the kind of emphasis that would indicate we were the end of the softness, not included in it.
C
Cougarfan87
I heard it and also interpreted it as denigrating BYU. It sounded like he said softened up with BYU and then kind of swallowed it. However, looking at the schedule, it does look like the last two games are considerably tougher than the previous games so it may be the case that his mouth was not communicating what his mind was thinking. Anyway, whether or not we are soft will be well-determined by the time that game rolls around. I hope teams over-look us. You can be assured, however, that they are NOT overlooking our outstanding defense or running game. Pundits may be, but coaches certainly aren't.
Advertisement
F
Fido
If you look for offenses you will find them. Are you sure they weren't talking about the streak of @Air Force, Navy, @Pittsburgh weeks 9 through 11? The games on their schedules between now and then is Michigan State, Oklahoma, @Arizona State, USC so I certainly would call that schedule "softening" up.
V
vancouvercougar
Fido wrote:
If you look for offenses you will find them. Are you sure they weren't talking about the streak of @Air Force, Navy, @Pittsburgh weeks 9 through 11? The games on their schedules between now and then is Michigan State, Oklahoma, @Arizona State, USC so I certainly would call that schedule "softening" up.


I was looking for offenses in the Virginia game, but I found it in the Texas game :D
M
mizzoucoug
vancouvercougar wrote:
If you look for offenses you will find them. Are you sure they weren't talking about the streak of @Air Force, Navy, @Pittsburgh weeks 9 through 11? The games on their schedules between now and then is Michigan State, Oklahoma, @Arizona State, USC so I certainly would call that schedule "softening" up.


I was looking for offenses in the Virginia game, but I found it in the Texas game :D


:)
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.