Archived Topic

Just another game?

by jbluesuu · 9/15/2013

Advertisement
J
jbluesuu
For all of you who hate it when they treat utah as just another game

Taysom Hill said in a recent Deseret News article



“We have to prepare harder than we did against Texas,” said Hill.



“It’s not just another game," he said.
S
SpiffCoug
This is the first year Bronco and multiple players have publicly said this isn't "just another game."
M
mizzoucoug
8 years in and coach finally is getting it? Or is it 9 now? smh
B
BroncoBot
mizzoucoug wrote:
8 years in and coach finally is getting it? Or is it 9 now? smh

Yes, because pandering to the "we need to hear publicly that it's not just another game" crowd is really going to help things.
M
mizzoucoug
BroncoBot wrote:
8 years in and coach finally is getting it? Or is it 9 now? smh

Yes, because pandering to the "we need to hear publicly that it's not just another game" crowd is really going to help things.


Yes, I believe it does. Publicly making a statement about the game increases the accountability of the coaches even if it is just for show. We'll see.
Advertisement
M
mtnradio
When the players are acknowledging (publicly) that it is not just another game, it suggests that the mental preparation and hunger for a win are there.



In my book, that is a good thing ...
S
stgeorgefan
I don't think the players ever thought it was "just another game" In fact I think the emotion took us right out of a couple of games.



It's the head ball coach I want to hear it from. I believe Bronco try's equally as hard to win each and every week. That said, the players need this game circled and to treat it as the biggest game of their lives.
B
BroncoBot
stgeorgefan wrote:
I don't think the players ever thought it was "just another game" In fact I think the emotion took us right out of a couple of games.



It's the head ball coach I want to hear it from. I believe Bronco try's equally as hard to win each and every week. That said, the players need this game circled and to treat it as the biggest game of their lives.

You think Bronco wants this less than the players? Doubt it.



So, if Bronco came out and said that it was the biggest game of the year and we've prepped accordingly and utah squeaked by or blew BYU out, what would the excuse be then?
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.