Archived Topic

Heaps pick 6 vs Rice...

by craigoscarson · 9/15/2013

Advertisement
C
craigoscarson
7 on 7 stud



... game time deer in the headlights..
B
BerliNY
craigoscarson wrote:
7 on 7 stud



... game time deer in the headlights..


Clearly lacks grit.
S
SpiffCoug
77 yard TD pass then another interception.
S
scott715
10-7 Rice
D
Ddawg
It's interesting. But I feel guilty because I don't really care a whole lot. To me, following Heaps is like watching TMZ. LOL! Oh well ...... ;)



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
M
mizzoucoug
I'd say he's just not a college QB. He never would've amounted to anything in Provo, and for some unknown reason to the universe we were forced to endure the Riley years. Oh well, hopefully last week wasn't an anomaly and we have officially passed the 2nd round of dark ages in the last 13 years.
C
craigoscarson
SpiffCoug wrote:
77 yard TD pass then another interception.


6 yard pass 71 yard run
S
SpiffCoug
craigoscarson wrote:
77 yard TD pass then another interception.


6 yard pass 71 yard run

Still counts as passing yards. But he still doesn't look good.



He's just not a quality starter for the QB position at the FBS level.
U
Ungoy
23-14 Rice with just over 3 left in the game. Wow...
S
scott715
And that's a final.
Advertisement
B
BerliNY
KU's next 5 opponents: LaTech, TTech, TCU, Oklahoma, Baylor.



Soooo... good luck with that.
S
Schmoe
To be fair to Heaps, Weis is an AWFUL coach.
B
BroncoBot
Schmoe wrote:
To be fair to Heaps, Weis is an AWFUL coach.

I was going to point this out as well. Heaps would have been better served to play on scout team under Doman and then transitioning BACK to Anae before playing for Weis, who is just terrible. I'm sure the Pats were sad to see him go.
C
Cougarbib
At the risk of Rileying - I mean riling up DM Cougar - I mean Cougs Rule



Heaps QUIT on BYU

That was a mistake

Ever chasing the false promise of immediate glory he followed the ND rejects to KU and believed

He is still the best practice QB in college football

He still is not a gamer

It is not Riley Nelson, Anae 1.0, QB 2, Brandon Doman, Bronco Mendenhall, or even Charlie Weiss who is at fault. Not even The Bibster and other BYU fans that said "show me" or that called for a "look see" at Lark in 2010 to get him ready can be blamed. BYU should have sat Jake until he was ready. He should have stayed until he was ready. Even if it turned out that he became as forgotten as 2013 3rd string QB.



I did not see the pick 6 today. Did Jake try to tackle the guy? Did he cower under pressure? He is now a red-shirt junior. I hope he has improved.







It is time for Jake Heaps to own his own shortcomings.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
Cougarbib
In fairness to Jake Heaps, KU fans and media have not turned on him at this point. Speaking of point, points, and pointing fingers - receivers and drops are the topic dujour.



I did not watch the game, so IDK if the drops are cause by innacuracy, unpredictability, and lack of touch - or just really bad receivers.



Anyone see the game?



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
B
BerliNY
Cougarbib wrote:
In fairness to Jake Heaps, KU fans and media have not turned on him at this point. Speaking of point, points, and pointing fingers - receivers and drops are the topic dujour.



I did not watch the game, so IDK if the drops are cause by innacuracy, unpredictability, and lack of touch - or just really bad receivers.



Anyone see the game?



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


Didn't see the game, here's all I could find re: the pick 6

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpHD7CmW9Ks&noredirect=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
G
Guest
I watched the game, Jake Heaps looked like Jake Heaps.
D
Ddawg
Schmoe wrote:
To be fair to Heaps, Weis is an AWFUL coach.


+1. Isn't that how he got to KU? Being a loud mouth, over confident, crappy coach? Well, at least he's consistent,
G
Gunk
Schmoe wrote:
To be fair to Heaps, Weis is an AWFUL coach.

Are we really still making excuses for Heaps - bad coaching, poor receivers, blah, blah, blah. We heard all these excuses while he played here.



Bottom line, Heaps plays scared and cracks under pressure. Even at KU where expectations are a hair above an all-time low he misses throws.



Want to wish him well and see him get the monkeys off his back, fine. But let's stop making excuses for him.
S
Schmoe
Gunk wrote:
To be fair to Heaps, Weis is an AWFUL coach.

Are we really still making excuses for Heaps - bad coaching, poor receivers, blah, blah, blah. We heard all these excuses while he played here.



Bottom line, Heaps plays scared and cracks under pressure. Even at KU where expectations are a hair above an all-time low he misses throws.



Want to wish him well and see him get the monkeys off his back, fine. But let's stop making excuses for him.


I've never made excuses for Heaps. I don't think he has the stones to play at the D-1 level. I just thought I'd also point out that when you play like garbage, you get to transfer to garbage programs run by garbage coaches.
Page 1 of 2
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.