Archived Topic

LES Turf

by EM_Puma · 9/14/2013

Advertisement
E
EM_Puma
Watched the Alabama/Texas A&M game in College Station and Washington/Illinois game in Champaign, IL. What in heck are these super conference teams doing with all of their BCS loot? Apparently padding their pockets without care for their facilities. Both of those fields look super pathetic, like it was maybe the last game of the season.



I know we had divot problems when we replaced the grass a few years back, but it never looked like a dog with mange.



My kudos to the LES stadium manager.
4
49erCoug
I thought the field vs Texas held up really well... Especially since it rained right before.. I want to say I heard on the radio.. Maybe the coaches show that the field staff was new? I could be mistaken
B
BerliNY
I visited clemson a few years ago and the turf was so perfect, so lush, so green, so manicured that it literally hurt my eyes. I really don't remember much else, just the grass melting my eyeballs.
S
Schmoe
BerliNY wrote:
I visited clemson a few years ago and the turf was so perfect, so lush, so green, so manicured that it literally hurt my eyes. I really don't remember much else, just the grass melting my eyeballs.


My team once played in the stadium of the Colorado Rapids in Denver and the grass looked like someone had gotten down on their hands and knees and trimmed every piece individually by hand with a tiny pair of scissors.
B
BroncoBot
Schmoe wrote:



My team once played in the stadium of the Colorado Rapids in Denver and the grass looked like someone had gotten down on their hands and knees and trimmed every piece individually by hand with a tiny pair of scissors.

Sorry to hear you had to play on such a rough field. Can't imagine it looked very good cutting each piece individually like that. Half the field would be too long by the time the job was done. And who's paying for the sharpening or those scissors. How much worker's comp is payed out to the guy who's eyes, back, and carpal tunnel flare up each time he has to get out there and perform such menial labor. They have things called riding lawnmowers, ya know.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.