Archived Topic

Texas A&M thoughts

by BroncoBot · 9/14/2013

Advertisement
B
BroncoBot
Early in the game, but here's what "Holier than thou" (I) think.



A&Ms offense is beating Alabamas defense because they are smart. Great route running and taking what the offense gives you with QB draws.



Manziel reminds me a bit of Nelson, but smarter with the football and taking hits. Probably a bit more accurate ;)



A&Ms CROWD. I don't care what you say (looking at you spiffcoug) crowd plays a big part of a game. Utah's hot muss has given BYU fits in the past, Alabama's opening drive was killed by false starts in the face of a noisy crowd. I'd love to see more people able to watch the game at LES with decreased ticket prices (larger capacity) and a dedicated section for students that let's them be close to the action. BYU has way too many fans that aren't watching the game, aren't loud, don't care to wear the correct color, etc. All these things can be intimidating for opponents and motivating for the home team.
S
Schmoe
You can't be talking about how one team is better than another at something! That's so holier-than-thou!!
T
tmoney35
I've been watch this A&M/Bama game and I've decided that Manziel sold his soul to the devil for football.



I'm sure this play will be all over ESPN. Manziel is running all over the place behind the line and scrimmage on 3rd down, miraculously escapes sack, is about 30 yards back from where he started and threw up a prayer the the middle of the field where an A&M receiver catches it in the midst of a bunch of Bama players...all for a 12 yard gain. Crazy



Maybe I've just been watching too much of the show, Supernatural, but that seemed like some real hoodo magic there.
M
mizzoucoug
2 very good teams, but I do think A&M's D is soft. I just wish Michigan would've gone down today vs. Akron. I can't stand over-ranked B1G patsies year after year who play 9 freaking home games per year.
S
Schmoe
mizzoucoug wrote:
2 very good teams, but I do think A&M's D is soft. I just wish Michigan would've gone down today vs. Akron. I can't stand over-ranked B1G patsies year after year who play 9 freaking home games per year.


I agree. I also can't stand teams that already have one loss and are still ranked in the top-20. Make them earn their way back in through the rest of the year.
Advertisement
M
mizzoucoug
Wow they considered ejecting that Bama kid...based on what I saw he barely even hit the guy with his head. Most of the impact was shoulder to shoulder imo.
S
SpiffCoug
Johnny Football completed a pass that was more 50/50 or 500 than Riley ever threw.
B
BoiseBYU
Alabama is really really good. A&M not so much. Manziel is a good QB, but Bama is an entirely different level of performance.
B
BoiseBYU
BoiseBYU wrote:
Alabama is really really good. A&M not so much. Manziel is a good QB, but Bama is an entirely different level of performance.


Haha I posted and then A&M gets within 7. I'm the kiss of death
B
BroncoBot
Evans (A&M receiver) was the only reason that game was close.
Advertisement
S
Stirfry
tmoney35 wrote:
I've been watch this A&M/Bama game and I've decided that Manziel sold his soul to the devil for football.


Nahh, he wouldn't sell it, he gave it away for free ;)
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.