Archived Topic

The Kyle Van Noy Story

by hawkwing · 9/12/2013

Advertisement
E
EM_Puma
One of the best articles I have read of late.



Another article from Jeff Benedict that is enjoyable is the email he distributes. The last one was called "One of A Kind" and is about Steve Young. If you haven't seen it this week, board mail me your email and I'll forward it to you. Benedict is the author of the article in SI about Ziggy.



I believe I'll pick up a copy of his new book, "The System, The Glory and Scandal of Big-Time College Football". Should be good reading.
G
Guest
Thanks, I had missed the third excerpt.
R
runbyu1
Really really good stuff. Almost made me cry. Mad respect for Van Noy, and respect to Bronco for working to give him a chance despite his troubles.
Advertisement
S
stuckinbig10country
So, as far as we know, only one kid in almost 9 years of team firesides, has had a complete change of heart and decided to give BYU a shot? (huge generalization, I know)



But is it worth it? Both for KVN and for BYU, probably.



I'm sure there are others, and their stories are just as important as KVN. Bronco is getting it right, on and off the field.
P
ProV1
stuckinbig10country wrote:
But is it worth it? Both for KVN and for BYU, probably.



I'm sure there are others, and their stories are just as important as KVN. Bronco is getting it right, on and off the field.

I say absolutely, not probably. The effort and time that goes into putting on a fireside is insignificant compared to the importance of a kid's future like Kyle's. Plus, he's awesome.
E
EM_Puma
I can just see the smuggled-in posters from Puke fans about KVN's DUI. I'm glad this game is in Provo.
J
jonnylingo
Wonderful story which makes me admire both of them more. KVN's resolve to come to BYU is admirable. I guess how he wants to live his life and what he was willing to give up to help him get that is even more admirable though.
S
snoscythe
Is it worth it? To land the best LB in the history of the program? No brainer = yes.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.