Archived Topic

Bowl Game Preparation

by scott715 · 11/30/2009

Advertisement
S
scott715
Depending on the bowl we will be playing Dec. 22 or 23. Couldn't Bronco ask to be released from BCS consideration and start planning for practices for the bowl. They could stil take off almost 2 weeks for finals, throw a couple of practices in there and then practice upto the game. I have not looked at the calandar but a plan should be put in place now.



How many practices are they allowed? I think it is 15. Last year we did not use all of them and that hurt us in the game. Any good suggestions?
B
BroncoBot
scott715 wrote:
Depending on the bowl we will be playing Dec. 22 or 23. Couldn't Bronco ask to be released from BCS consideration and start planning for practices for the bowl. They could stil take off almost 2 weeks for finals, throw a couple of practices in there and then practice upto the game. I have not looked at the calandar but a plan should be put in place now.



How many practices are they allowed? I think it is 15. Last year we did not use all of them and that hurt us in the game. Any good suggestions?


I don't know if maximum prep at this point is going to help. Last year BYU was just were down and out at this point. If I was coaching I'd want my guys to have a break, get some R&R, get football off the mind, then come back and hit it hard until the bowl game. That way they wouldn't get emotionally drained by the time the bowl game arrived.



BUT..... I'm no Bronco Mendenhall, we'll see how it goes.
F
Florwood
I'd heard the last several year how valuable those extra practices were, particularly in helping refine newer players. I believe last year BYU only used 9 of the 15 allowed practices. So it didn't seem like it was very important after all. But then, just like declocoug, I'm no football coach.
S
scott715
I would like to see those practices used on the younger players instead of wasting them. Couldn't you do practices where you tell the starters not to come and study instead? Even do a practice game with next years projected starters?



We need a new TE and S next year and 3 LBs.
B
BroncoBot
scott715 wrote:
I would like to see those practices used on the younger players instead of wasting them. Couldn't you do practices where you tell the starters not to come and study instead? Even do a practice game with next years projected starters?



We need a new TE and S next year and 3 LBs.


I'll see what I can do. ;) Good ideas though.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.