http://www.cougarboard.com/board/message.html?id=11171221" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
This was too funny:
My conversation with Texas fans on Sunday Morning
I'm dropping my daughter off to be Senate Page in Washington DC. [shamelss bragging]. Pages are high school juniors who live in a dorm on Capitol Hill for a semester, go to school at the Senate Page School, and work on the Senate floor during the day. There are 30 pages, so all these proud parents are milling around, eating fruit on a toothpick, getting to know the teachers at the school, meeting each other, asking what state are you from, which Senator nominated you, etc.
Me: (to a boy and his parents) Where are you folks from?
Boy: (in suitable drawl) San Antonio Texas.
Me: Are you Longhorn fans?
Dad: (sigh)
Mom: That's a painful subject this morning.
Me: Oh yeah, I didn't catch any games yesterday [I lied, but I have repented of it already]. How did Texas do? I hear they are supposed to wicked good this year.
Boy: They got their %&%$ handed to them by BYU.
Me: Ouch!
Dad: What's your team?
Me: BYU.
Dad: That wasn't funny.
They weren't kidding about it not being funny. Real pain. Avoided me the rest of the day.