Archived Topic

Congrats on a good win!!!

by ttexastim · 9/9/2013

Advertisement
T
ttexastim
Gotta feel good to see your team dismantle Texas like that. Very impressive. Quite a nice way to go into the bye week. I saw a pretty funny gif of what looks like a Texas team running down the field with a kid in blue running right through them all (I think they are cheering the kid on). Pretty good representation of how the game went. :)



The Utah-BYU game is setting up to be an EPIC game!! This could be one of the more hard fought games we've seen (providing the Utah defense can apply the right pressures and the Utah offense is firing). I'm still not sure how confident I am in my Utes. I was at the USU-Utah game, and at halftime I was thinking "it's going to be a LONG season". But then in the second half I saw a spark in the offense. Enough spark for hope. Weber gave me more hope, but not enough to puff my chest out. This week at Oregon State is going to be a good gauge for me to see how good we really are and how good our offense can really run. I'm always nervous for the BYU game, because it's always close, and I've had my heart crushed too many times (George still running, magic happens, answered prayer).



Been a while since I posted. I like to think I'm older and wiser. I suppose we'll have to see about that.



Congrats again on the win. It was hard not to be impressed with how easy y'all were moving the ball on the ground. I was a skeptic of Hill after UVA, but now I see him as a legitimate threat.
C
Cougarfan87
Thanks for the congrats, Tim.

I am a believer that the rivalry game almost always comes down to turnover margin and special teams. It doesn't seem to matter how good or bad the offenses are going into this game, there always seems to be big play after big play. It is the turnovers, blocked or missed kicks, etc. that usually determine the outcome of these games after both sides have beat eachother up on offense and defense. And since you can't really predict turnovers, all you can use for prediction is special teams. Our place kicking is much better so far this year than last, so I hope that gives us the edge at home. It is always a razor thin margin of error in this game, though. And always exciting.
M
mizzoucoug
For whatever reason, BYU punched UT in the mouth every time they scored on us. We didn't need a record game to beat UT. We simply needed to not make stupid mistakes and that's what we accomplished. This is especially true vs. Utah. If we don't give free points to Utah then we'll win no question.
J
jonnylingo
mizzoucoug wrote:
For whatever reason, BYU punched UT in the mouth every time they scored on us. We didn't need a record game to beat UT. We simply needed to not make stupid mistakes and that's what we accomplished. This is especially true vs. Utah. If we don't give free points to Utah then we'll win no question.


we were minus two in turnovers. lucky bounce also when ball went over taysom's head. those things worry me about utah. we always play better or with them. its the turnovers that have killed us every time.
M
mizzoucoug
jonnylingo wrote:
For whatever reason, BYU punched UT in the mouth every time they scored on us. We didn't need a record game to beat UT. We simply needed to not make stupid mistakes and that's what we accomplished. This is especially true vs. Utah. If we don't give free points to Utah then we'll win no question.


we were minus two in turnovers. lucky bounce also when ball went over taysom's head. those things worry me about utah. we always play better or with them. its the turnovers that have killed us every time.


Thankfully the last fumble was after the game was out of reach. Also, I recall an occasion in both games so far where Sorenson simply couldn't catch an interception that should've been hauled in so it hasn't been all bad there this year. Timing of turnovers is more important than the raw stats.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.