Archived Topic

Heaps 10/20 vs South Dakota State

by craigoscarson · 9/9/2013

Advertisement
S
snoscythe
To be fair (and I acknowledge openly that the 10/20 stat line gave me gobs of schadenfreude), he started 2/7, but finished 8/13.



But to be totally fair, this was not SD State, who is a decent FCS team. This was the University of South Dakota--a wart on the southend of a north-bound FCS division. They went 1-11 last year in the FCS.
F
frdbtr
Heaps is the best darn practice QB in the history of College football. He sucks under live fire.
N
northerncougar
craigoscarson wrote:
http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/_/id/501563/jake-heaps



Anyone really believe that we'd be in better hands right now? How many of you secretly wished for Heaps last week? I don't think we beat Texas with Jake


This is what I have been saying he would do since he left. When he hits B12 competition he will be a complete disaster.



It's sad really.
F
frdbtr
craigoscarson wrote:
http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/_/id/501563/jake-heaps



Anyone really believe that we'd be in better hands right now? How many of you secretly wished for Heaps last week? I don't think we beat Texas with Jake


He would be 3rd string right now behind Both Taysom and Ammon. Both are more mobile than he is and Ammon is just as good of a thrower.
Advertisement
C
Cougarfan87
It's really too bad. The kid wanted to be a big time BYU QB and take us to new heights. Let's not forget that about him. He had good intentions, but it didn't really work out. His whole life has been built around football, and it just doesn't seem to be panning out right now in Kansas either. I, for one, feel very sorry for him...both for what he has gone through in his personal life, and the feeling of disappointment he must be going through right now. It sucks when you work really hard at something and it doesn't pan out. I hope things turn around for him. He still has two years to become the player he wants to become. You have my support, Jake. I wish you well.
D
Ddawg
frdbtr wrote:
Heaps is the best darn practice QB in the history of College football. He sucks under live fire.


+1. Well said. Spot on.



I think Jake is going to have his eye opened when the multi-million NFL $$$ that he has been counting on don't arrive. He may very well get drafted, very low. Or, get picked up as a walk-on. But, the glory days that he envisioned coming out of high school isn't going to happen. I do wish Jake well. But, he needed a serious dose of maturity a few years back. Life is not a bowl of cherries.
G
Gunk
Not Heaps' fault. If Heaps had a decent OL and WRs he'd have at least an 80% completion rate.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
G
Gunk
Not Heaps' fault. If Heaps had a decent OL and WRs he'd have at least an 80% completion rate.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
G
Gunk
Not Heaps' fault. If Heaps had a decent OL and WRs he'd have at least an 80% completion rate.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
S
snoscythe
Gunk wrote:
Not Heaps' fault. If Heaps had a decent OL and WRs he'd have at least an 80% completion rate.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


Against one of the worst teams in Div-II football..........
B
BroncoBot
snoscythe wrote:
Not Heaps' fault. If Heaps had a decent OL and WRs he'd have at least an 80% completion rate.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


Against one of the worst teams in Div-II football..........

I think Gunk's response was just a TIC "echo" of byu fans.
G
Gunk
BroncoBot wrote:
Gunk wrote:
Not Heaps' fault. If Heaps had a decent OL and WRs he'd have at least an 80% completion rate.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


Against one of the worst teams in Div-II football..........

I think Gunk's response was just a TIC "echo" of byu fans.


It was. ;)



Sorry for the multiple posts. Phone was hanging up and for some reason I can't delete the duplicates.
C
Cougs_Rule
Probably true. But I'm glad I didn't throw THill out after his first game this season.
S
Screamineagle
Who cares. I want to know how is Juice doing?
Advertisement
B
BYULV
Ddawg wrote:
Heaps is the best darn practice QB in the history of College football. He sucks under live fire.


+1. Well said. Spot on.



I think Jake is going to have his eye opened when the multi-million NFL $$$ that he has been counting on don't arrive. He may very well get drafted, very low. Or, get picked up as a walk-on. But, the glory days that he envisioned coming out of high school isn't going to happen. I do wish Jake well. But, he needed a serious dose of maturity a few years back. Life is not a bowl of cherries.


Tic? Who in their right mind would draft Heaps ever with his resume so far? Unless he makes a dramatic turnaround, and fast, he won't be starting, much less sniffing the NFL. I actually hope he does turn it around and makes a name for himself and for KU (one of my alma maters)
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.