Archived Topic

2009 vs 2013

by mizzoucoug · 9/9/2013

Advertisement
M
mizzoucoug
First off, what a great game our boys played! No asterisks or excuses in this one. We just beat the crap out of UT and rocked their world. My town will be buzzing this week.



Anyway, in 2009 we knocked off OU in game 1, drank a lot of kool-aid immediately after (at least I know I did and I suspect most fans did as well), and then we were summarily embarrassed by FSU and TCU, effectively killing any hopes of a special year.



I couldn't help but see a similar parallel with the way this season is shaping up. I'm curious how we go about avoiding the same meltdown.



I feel like we have a few things going for us that will help avert any disasters.



1. The schedule. Save for the BSU/Wisconsin back to back games our schedule sets up incredibly well for us to manage our toughest games.



2. We've already had our embarrassing loss and thankfully it was the first game of the year and apparently pissed off the offense as it should have. I loved watching Anae yell at our player for mistakes all game--especially late! No more complacency on O!



3. The D. Our D will likely get gashed one of these games, but I don't think it's possible they can be overrun as bad as the 2009 team was. Our road tests still await @ USU, Wisconsin, and ND. Our offense will not run all over those teams so we'll be forced to pass the ball. :sick: As long as we don't have one of those embarrassing blowouts I am happy.



Anything else that I missed?
S
SpiffCoug
Biggest difference is we didn't just sneak by Texas. We dominated them.
S
SpiffCoug
Biggest difference is we didn't just sneak by Texas. We dominated them.
M
Mars
mizzoucoug wrote:
Save for the BSU/Wisconsin back to back games our schedule sets up incredibly well for us to manage our toughest games.

There is a bye week between those two games.



:)
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.