Archived Topic

Fans Keep it Classy

by snoscythe · 9/8/2013

Advertisement
S
snoscythe
I loved that the fans didn't rush the field tonight. It allowed the entire team to run a lap around the stadium and slap hands with all of the fans. That little victory lap turned my 5-year old into a rabid fan after getting to high-five every player on the team.



The one thing that has always bugged me is the "overrated" chant. I would think we would prefer to think that both they and we are "underrated" if we are beating them....the U excluded of course.
B
BroncoBot
snoscythe wrote:
I loved that the fans didn't rush the field tonight. It allowed the entire team to run a lap around the stadium and slap hands with all of the fans. That little victory lap turned my 5-year old into a rabid fan after getting to high-five every player on the team.



The one thing that has always bugged me is the "overrated" chant. I would think we would prefer to think that both they and we are "underrated" if we are beating them....the U excluded of course.

That chant is as dumb as it gets.
G
Gunk
Ugh...don't tell me they chanted...



Glad to hear they didn't storm the field.



Watched ESPN afterwards and it was all about how Texas laid an egg. Nothing about BYU playing well.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
Schmoe
I didn't hear the overrated chant. Must have been a select group of fans.
S
snoscythe
Schmoe wrote:
I didn't hear the overrated chant. Must have been a select group of fans.


We we in the north endzone, and it sounded like it was coming from the SW corner.



It just takes one idiot surrounded by giddy little sheeples.
Advertisement
G
Guest
We were in the southwest end zone and didn't hear it.



One of the absolute lamest chants in sports.
C
Cougs_Rule
It was in the south central and SW stands. Fortunately didnt last long. I think if the O doesn't go into sleep mode and scores one or two times more, fans may have stormed.
S
Sammich
I heard the student section do the underrated chant, but it didn't last long. I definitely dislike it for the reasons you guys outlined, but I also think it's an unfair slap in the face to a Texas team/fanbase that was classy and was simply outplayed. I'd prefer to save that type of thing for the Utahs and Boise States of the world.
C
cougarsunited
This threat is overrated
S
snoscythe
cougarsunited wrote:
This threat is overrated


Spelling is overrated.
Advertisement
S
SpiffCoug
One interesting note I saw, the fans didn't storm the field. I found that somewhat surprising. Big win. Big name opponent. Dominating performance. Ranked opponent. Highly unexpected victory. Exciting offensive execution.



On a similar note, Utah fans did storm the field after being an unranked Utah State team.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.