Archived Topic

RSL Anyone?

by jbluesuu · 9/5/2013

Advertisement
J
jbluesuu
With the way BYU football is going I have found an alternative. They are first in the league and have never looked better. Even better,there are no commercials interrupting the games. I realize I will not create any new soccer fans but simply wanted to point to the bright side of athletics in utah. 8)
S
scott715
Are they the Lord's team?
C
Cougs_Rule
No. But I did hear that they eat " the Lord's chips."
M
Mars


What, there isn't an exciting chess league in this state to follow?
S
SpiffCoug
Been a huge fan since year one. RSL is the best team in the league. If - and its a big if - we beat Seattle next week, we'll win the Supporters Shield. Then we'll also win the US Open Cup. Then who knows what happens in the playoffs.



But if RSL is the#1 seed, I like it chances with the home field advantage.



The only team that scares me is LA.
Advertisement
F
Fido
I love RSL--but I'm a little disappointed at the fan's unrest. I'm watching the young players and hoping to see some development on the offensive side of the ball. Not saying everything is great--but the win-or-melt-down attitude of the fans is a bit over the top.
F
Fido
scott715 wrote:
Are they the Lord's team?

Wait...the Lord has a team? Which book/verse is that found in? ;)
R
rblack
I think it's in the Journal of Discourses.
K
KYCoug
Fido wrote:
Are they the Lord's team?

Wait...the Lord has a team? Which book/verse is that found in? ;)


That would be the Atlanta Braves baseball. Book and verse:



Ephesians 2:20 with Jesus Christ as Chief Cornerstone ;)



Oh no, where's my lightening protection!
K
KYCoug
Fido wrote:
Are they the Lord's team?

Wait...the Lord has a team? Which book/verse is that found in? ;)


That would be the Atlanta Braves baseball. Book and verse:



Ephesians 2:20 with Jesus Christ as Chief Cornerstone ;)



Oh no, where's my lightening protection!
Advertisement
K
KYCoug
Fido wrote:
Are they the Lord's team?

Wait...the Lord has a team? Which book/verse is that found in? ;)


That would be the Atlanta Braves baseball. Book and verse:



Ephesians 2:20 with Jesus Christ as Chief Cornerstone ;)



Oh no, where's my lightening protection!
N
nuk13
[quote="jbluesuu"] Even better,there are no commercials interrupting the games.



They interrupt the game to score. While I admire the physical exercise, to play for hours and score 1 or 2 points is boring to me. When the US women won the world by kicking a free kick at the end of a long scoreless game they lost me. It is better than baseball.



I would love to have wrestling come back.
S
Schmoe
Mister, you're drinking the wrong kind of football.
F
Fido
nuk13 wrote:
Even better,there are no commercials interrupting the games.



They interrupt the game to score. While I admire the physical exercise, to play for hours and score 1 or 2 points is boring to me. When the US women won the world by kicking a free kick at the end of a long scoreless game they lost me. It is better than baseball.



I would love to have wrestling come back.

We could fix the game of soccer for all the football crowd.

Each goal is worth 7 points.

If you don't score a goal but instead kick the ball OVER the top, you get 3 points.

Now it is basically the same thing except instead of guys standing around to get set up for the next play they are always running around. No fatty linemen here!

:P
S
SpiffCoug
Over the last four games RSL is averaging 23 points per game.



RSL plays a very exciting brand of soccer. They haven't been shutout in 24 games. they've scored 2 or more goals in 16 of them.
Advertisement
S
Schmoe
SpiffCoug wrote:
Over the last four games RSL is averaging 23 points per game.


They must be the highest-scoring soccer team in history.
N
nuk13
Fido wrote:
jbluesuu wrote:
Even better,there are no commercials interrupting the games.



They interrupt the game to score. While I admire the physical exercise, to play for hours and score 1 or 2 points is boring to me. When the US women won the world by kicking a free kick at the end of a long scoreless game they lost me. It is better than baseball.



I would love to have wrestling come back.

We could fix the game of soccer for all the football crowd.



Each goal is worth 7 points.

If you don't score a goal but instead kick the ball OVER the top, you get 3 points.

Now it is basically the same thing except instead of guys standing around to get set up for the next play they are always running around. No fatty linemen here!

:P

I'll vote for that.
S
SpiffCoug
Schmoe wrote:
Over the last four games RSL is averaging 23 points per game.


They must be the highest-scoring soccer team in history.

Well if they were keeping score like football. And that would be enough to beat BYU several times the last three, four years.
S
stuckinbig10country
RSL is the only local team to have received any of my hard earned money for tickets over the last 3 years. Rio Tinto Stadium is a great venue (wish it were a little bigger).



Being a single dad, time is a very scarce commodity. I would probably go to more BYU games, if it weren't an 8 to 9 hour commitment. RSL games are much less of a time commitment.
M
Mars
SpiffCoug wrote:
Over the last four games RSL is averaging 23 points per game.

That's unpossible.
Page 1 of 2
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.