N
northerncougarI know it might come as a surprise to many that I have been fairly pessimistic about BYU football the past several years. I was predicting a 7-5, maybe 8-4 season but after watching the game on Saturday I realize now that I was being overly optimistic. I mentioned before that 2jay scared me as we didn't know what his ability was to coach an oline. He had been succcessful as an HC but... I also mentioned the day that Anae was hired that this was a potential disaster hire. I'm worried I might be right.
We can put any spin on it that we want but we saw a QB have a QBR of 72.5 and an OLine that was horrific. What I watched was the same garbage we have put on the field for offense the past 3 years. Unfortunately either we don't have the players or coaches we need, or maybe both.
I don't see any reason to hope that things will drastically improve. At least this season. I see TX scoring 28-35 on us, and we will be lucky to score 10. Utah won't be as bad as TX but we will lose to them too.
Maybe I'm wrong as I'm no football expert. But what I saw from our offense on Saturday was the exact same inept play I have seen since Max left. It's getting really, really old.
:sick:
We can put any spin on it that we want but we saw a QB have a QBR of 72.5 and an OLine that was horrific. What I watched was the same garbage we have put on the field for offense the past 3 years. Unfortunately either we don't have the players or coaches we need, or maybe both.
I don't see any reason to hope that things will drastically improve. At least this season. I see TX scoring 28-35 on us, and we will be lucky to score 10. Utah won't be as bad as TX but we will lose to them too.
Maybe I'm wrong as I'm no football expert. But what I saw from our offense on Saturday was the exact same inept play I have seen since Max left. It's getting really, really old.
:sick:

