Archived Topic

this is why i agree with everything Max Hall said

by wildeone · 11/29/2009

Advertisement
S
Schmoe
Haha, look how right Max was! Look how classless I am! What a douche!
C
Cougy_Monster
That link is pretty funny. I doubt there are many circumstances where a yewt is in a position to fire any Cougars....



I've repeatedly refused work/education at the UoU because I couldn't debase myself and work in an environment with tools like that guy.



The yewts in general need to understand that while there are a lot of good UoU fans and grads, there are also enough classless losers that the image of the entire "school" is appropriately described by Max.
S
SpiffCoug
If the rivalry has gone too far - and I think it has - then something does need to change. I really believe the rivalry is where it is in part because of how much is at stake in these games. Three of the last four years it's been for the conference championship. Bragging rights are always at stake. It's the last game of the year and by and large dictate how the fans view not only the season but the entire off-season as well.



One simple change then would be to make the game mean less. Change the time at which this game is played. Play the game in late September or early October. No conference championship on the line. No real bragging rights on the line because there are more games after it that can shape not only the season but how the team goes into the off-season.



It's time for the two school administrations step up and realize the fans and athletic departments have gotten out of hand. There is a lack of respect on both sides of aisle and both sides need to take steps to change the environment and culture that surround this rivalry.
K
kfilly20
If he really is a utah grad he definitely doesnt have the power to be firing people
Advertisement
G
GolfDiveNCougs
kfilly20 wrote:
If he really is a utah grad he definitely doesnt have the power to be firing people

Funny and all, but if this is accurate, he's full on ADMITTED he's broken MULTIPLE employment laws. What needs to happen here is that employment law enforcement needs to be notified to request (demand) that the Utefans website release that user's email/contact information, to trace his identity, and to determine whether these statements are accurate. If so, he needs to be brought up on criminal charges. Not a stretch to say, given this information, this could be made a religious discrimination case. We're talking about peoples' livelihood here, and religion IS a protected class under equal employment law.



I was actually very disturbed to read this. If anyone knows what local (to SLC) law enforcement would be the best to contact, please inform them, or let me know. I live in Virginia, but I'm still willing to take something like this on. Inexcusable. If I were to find out that my boss fired me because of where I went to school (and by extension, what I believe), I'd be ready to sue.
C
Cougy_Monster
kitic77 wrote:
If the rivalry has gone too far - and I think it has - then something does need to change. I really believe the rivalry is where it is in part because of how much is at stake in these games. Three of the last four years it's been for the conference championship. Bragging rights are always at stake. It's the last game of the year and by and large dictate how the fans view not only the season but the entire off-season as well.



One simple change then would be to make the game mean less. Change the time at which this game is played. Play the game in late September or early October. No conference championship on the line. No real bragging rights on the line because there are more games after it that can shape not only the season but how the team goes into the off-season.



It's time for the two school administrations step up and realize the fans and athletic departments have gotten out of hand. There is a lack of respect on both sides of aisle and both sides need to take steps to change the environment and culture that surround this rivalry.


The rivalry has absolutely gotten out of hand...and I love it. It's one of the best games in the country every year. You can't beat it. I lived in Ann Arbor for nearly a decade and experienced the Michigan / Ohio St rivalry and I believe in comparison the Holy War has more bad blood and emotion.



The Michigan / Ohio St rivalry has more organized hatred like lines of fans mooning the incoming team buses and entire sections of students with shirts that you wouldn't wear in front of any respectable literate person. There is even vandalism of cars and outright violence. But, it's all done by immature college kids who get carried away. The Holy War on the other hand has very deep veins of cultural, athletic, academic and religious themes that create an amazing range of emotion in everybody involved. I love it.



Moving the game earlier would diffuse some of the intensity of the game, but I don't think it will change the emotion. Remember, even from 2002-2004 the rivalry was bitter and there was nothing riding on those games for the Cougars. As long as people who haven't gone to BYU continue to deceive themselves that the campus is full of self-righteous puritans there will be animosity toward the student-body, alumni and teams and the rivalry will be great. That will never change.
B
BYUROCKS
GolfDiveNCougs wrote:
If he really is a utah grad he definitely doesnt have the power to be firing people

Funny and all, but if this is accurate, he's full on ADMITTED he's broken MULTIPLE employment laws. What needs to happen here is that employment law enforcement needs to be notified to request (demand) that the Utefans website release that user's email/contact information, to trace his identity, and to determine whether these statements are accurate. If so, he needs to be brought up on criminal charges. Not a stretch to say, given this information, this could be made a religious discrimination case. We're talking about peoples' livelihood here, and religion IS a protected class under equal employment law.



I was actually very disturbed to read this. If anyone knows what local (to SLC) law enforcement would be the best to contact, please inform them, or let me know. I live in Virginia, but I'm still willing to take something like this on. Inexcusable. If I were to find out that my boss fired me because of where I went to school (and by extension, what I believe), I'd be ready to sue.


I must agree, this makes me sick.



But in Cal, when people where being harassed out of jobs for being LDS, I don't see them doing anything.
F
frdbtr
I call BS on the whole thing. First of all, no ute fan would be smart enough to be a marketing manager. And if a company were stupid enough to hire one, it would go out of business anyway and all the Y fans would be looking for work anyway.
D
dank80
Yeah, it's probably BS. At least some of the other posters had the guts to call the guy on his crap.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.