Archived Topic

The Sky is Falling...

by Cougarfan87 · 9/2/2013

Advertisement
C
Cougarfan87
...or maybe there were some mistakes in sloppy weather (without the last pick, we have a good shot at winning that game).



The real brunt of all the problems, as I could see it, was the offensive line. No QB is perfect. The interception went off of Williams hands, probably due to a slick ball, a RB catching instead of a receiver, and a little too much heat.



All that being said, BYU would have been much more effective if the Oline had not let one or two defenders in the back field on practically every play. Hill had no time and no room to step up. Williams had to dodge at least one defender to get through the hole. Unless that gets fixed, it will be a long season.



The defense played remarkably well, given that our DB depth doesn't exist. They just had some poor situations to defend due to turnovers.



I didn't have a great feeling about this game or the next, and if the line doesn't get fixed by the time Utah comes to town, they are going to eat our lunch.



I agree that this will be a lot like 2005 (when we finished 6-6) only against much better competition. At this point I am hoping for a bowl win, and wins against the Utes, Broncos, and Aggies. If that happens with a brand new offense, QB, and our depth issues, I will be pretty happy about this season, and expecting even better things next season.
B
BroncoBot
Wait, are you saying the sky is NOT falling?



Agree with your post.
S
stgeorgefan
The sky isn't falling, it's the overly optimistic fans falling back to earth
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.