Archived Topic

We need to practice red zone plays only

by jonnylingo · 9/1/2013

Advertisement
J
jonnylingo
our biggest problem the past three years is the inability to get seven when we are in the red zone.
B
BroncoBot
jonnylingo wrote:
our biggest problem the past three years is the inability to get seven when we are in the red zone.

What was the red zone percentage today? I think BYU got there 2 times FG, Touchdown...



Am I missing any?
J
jonnylingo
BroncoBot wrote:
our biggest problem the past three years is the inability to get seven when we are in the red zone.

What was the red zone percentage today? I think BYU got there 2 times FG, Touchdown...



Am I missing any?


if they get in both time, we win.
M
mizzoucoug
We don't have TE's. Another 4 year feature of BYU's program.
B
BroncoBot
jonnylingo wrote:
jonnylingo wrote:
our biggest problem the past three years is the inability to get seven when we are in the red zone.

What was the red zone percentage today? I think BYU got there 2 times FG, Touchdown...



Am I missing any?


if they get in both time, we win.

True, but if BYU got to the red zone on half their drives and scored FGs on half of those BYU wins. Also, the offense looked good in the red zone until they fumbled and lost 5 yards, killed another drive, but that's not a red zone issue, at least not today. It was happening all the time. I think the bigger issue today was not getting INTO the redzone. FGs are fine if they are happen every drive.
Advertisement
J
jonnylingo
BroncoBot wrote:
BroncoBot wrote:
our biggest problem the past three years is the inability to get seven when we are in the red zone.

What was the red zone percentage today? I think BYU got there 2 times FG, Touchdown...



Am I missing any?


if they get in both time, we win.

True, but if BYU got to the red zone on half their drives and scored FGs on half of those BYU wins. Also, the offense looked good in the red zone until they fumbled and lost 5 yards, killed another drive, but that's not a red zone issue, at least not today. It was happening all the time. I think the bigger issue today was not getting INTO the redzone. FGs are fine if they are happen every drive.


thats a good point but it is pretty common in a series not to get to the red zone. the point is once you get there you have to take advantage.
B
BroncoBot
Totally agree. Just wish I would have seen BYU get to Virginia's side of the field more often.
C
cougarnerd
We need better execution and more consistency. If that means we need to slow down...quality over quantity...then I'm fine with it.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.