Archived Topic

Any positives guys????

by Kbear · 9/1/2013

Advertisement
K
Kbear
[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
K
Kbear
Williams!



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
F
frdbtr
Kbear wrote:
Williams!



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


+1, they need to just give him the ball, dude ran really well today.
B
BerliNY
Field goal was good.
S
stgeorgefan
The punter had good distance and direction kicking.



The LB core was great. Unga was always around ball. Alani Fua had a very nice game as well. KVN when blitzing was able to get to the QB



Robeson Daniel looked pretty decent as well, I was expecting something glaring.



Bronco and coach howell managed the defense really well
Advertisement
B
BoiseBYU
No one got hit by lightning.....oh wait we did with that tipped pass.
J
JayhawkCoug
I would have to agree with stgeorgefan about Rob Daniel. I thought he looked solid out there. Defense in general looked good, and Williams, once he showed some more patience before hitting the hole, looks like a stud and is our best offensive player by far (I realize Hoffman didn't play).
N
nickdutson
I really don't know what good I can take from this. Virginia was projected as the worst team in the ACC. I pray that's not really the case.
B
BroncoBot
nickdutson wrote:
I really don't know what good I can take from this. Virginia was projected as the worst team in the ACC. I pray that's not really the case.

I think Virginia's defense will keep them in a lot of games. #8 and #7 were in the backfield and making plays all game long. It was like they had 2 Van Noys out there.
N
northerncougar
No. All the prognosticators saying that we couldn't be worse on offense this year were horribly wrong. UVA isn't good and we definitely aren't either.



Honestly, I can't think of anything positive from today when the record for this year will likely be 3-9 with a loss, again, to Utah.



:sick:
Advertisement
C
CAFB_04-12
I gotta agree...Utah just heaved a huge sigh of relief. Nothing to worry about playing BYU in Provo.



I like Williams, but I'm struggling here to see the positives. I mean, it seemed like he had 100 carries. Off center left, off center right, run...run...run...punt.
J
jonnylingo
I thought there was a lot of positives. One, our defense looked awesome again.



the other was that i think that when bronco let the offense open up a little we drove 92 yards for a touchdown. the offensive line seemed to get better later in the game so lets hope they can improve.



I think williams is amazing. he was able to get a lot of yards despite nearly no help by the offensive line.



I saw about what i expected. the oline was bad and will take time to get things together. taysom was okay, avoided mistakes for the most part. showed promise but struggled a little.



all in all we should have won that game. we outplayed them but some bad luck and mistakes cost us the game. again we had more yards and played better but lost on mistakes.



i positive i see is that this team has potential and just as i thought about 6 games into the sesason is should hit its stride. bronco will have more trsut in them and let them open the offense up. if our d keeps it up we could still have a great season.



bad news though, we probably start 0-3.
B
BroncoBot
jonnylingo wrote:

the other was that i think that when bronco let the offense open up a little we drove 92 yards for a touchdown. the offensive line seemed to get better later in the game so lets hope they can improve.

You really think it's bronco holding the offense back???



Really?
J
jonnylingo
BroncoBot wrote:

the other was that i think that when bronco let the offense open up a little we drove 92 yards for a touchdown. the offensive line seemed to get better later in the game so lets hope they can improve.

You really think it's bronco holding the offense back???



Really?


bronco's philosophy is to have the offense manage the game. he wants the d to win the game. he was low risk play calling which is what you saw. they didn't let hill throw. they didn't open the play book until that 92 yard drive. yes i think that bronco does not have enough faith in the offense yet and wants to be low risk and avoid mistakes. that limits the offense.
B
BroncoBot
jonnylingo wrote:
jonnylingo wrote:

the other was that i think that when bronco let the offense open up a little we drove 92 yards for a touchdown. the offensive line seemed to get better later in the game so lets hope they can improve.

You really think it's bronco holding the offense back???



Really?


bronco's philosophy is to have the offense manage the game. he wants the d to win the game. he was low risk play calling which is what you saw. they didn't let hill throw. they didn't open the play book until that 92 yard drive. yes i think that bronco does not have enough faith in the offense yet and wants to be low risk and avoid mistakes. that limits the offense.

This would really surprise me, especially since Anae is Assistant head coach. I'm pretty sure Anae came back wanting to call ALL the shots on offense.
Advertisement
J
jonnylingo
BroncoBot wrote:
BroncoBot wrote:

the other was that i think that when bronco let the offense open up a little we drove 92 yards for a touchdown. the offensive line seemed to get better later in the game so lets hope they can improve.

You really think it's bronco holding the offense back???



Really?


bronco's philosophy is to have the offense manage the game. he wants the d to win the game. he was low risk play calling which is what you saw. they didn't let hill throw. they didn't open the play book until that 92 yard drive. yes i think that bronco does not have enough faith in the offense yet and wants to be low risk and avoid mistakes. that limits the offense.

This would really surprise me, especially since Anae is Assistant head coach. I'm pretty sure Anae came back wanting to call ALL the shots on offense.


it probably wouldn't surprise you if you had been watching practice and seen the room the offense still had to grow and how good the defense was.
B
BroncoBot
jonnylingo wrote:
jonnylingo wrote:
jonnylingo wrote:

the other was that i think that when bronco let the offense open up a little we drove 92 yards for a touchdown. the offensive line seemed to get better later in the game so lets hope they can improve.

You really think it's bronco holding the offense back???



Really?


bronco's philosophy is to have the offense manage the game. he wants the d to win the game. he was low risk play calling which is what you saw. they didn't let hill throw. they didn't open the play book until that 92 yard drive. yes i think that bronco does not have enough faith in the offense yet and wants to be low risk and avoid mistakes. that limits the offense.

This would really surprise me, especially since Anae is Assistant head coach. I'm pretty sure Anae came back wanting to call ALL the shots on offense.


it probably wouldn't surprise you if you had been watching practice and seen the room the offense still had to grow and how good the defense was.

Sounds like they needed a fairly simply playbook then. Still don't know why having the offense struggle is Bronco's fault, and why turning the playbook into crowtonesque schemes would have helped?
B
BroncoBot
Another positive as tweeted by his brother... E. Manumaleuna



Ephraim Manumaleuna @EManu907



10 total tackles(6 solo) & 1 tackle for loss. Not bad w/ all of that coming from the nose guard position. good game to the older bro.
S
Schmoe
Well, the corners are no longer my biggest concern. I guess that's a positive.
T
tmoney35
You guys are all missing the biggest thing! These last three disappointing years have all started out with a win. Now we're starting 0-1. That's a good omen...or something.



On a more serious note, Williams was awesome. 144 yards and 4.4 ypc with little to no help from the line.
Page 1 of 3
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.