Archived Topic

For Everyone Singing Anae's Praises

by stuckinbig10country · 9/1/2013

Advertisement
S
stuckinbig10country
I'm not above saying I told you so. So, I told you so.
S
Screamineagle
Deep fried crow yum
M
Matty-B
stuckinbig10country wrote:
I'm not above saying I told you so. So, I told you so.

Yeah... I'm sure there was at very least one reason we let him go.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
B
BroncoBot
He left, remember. :)



Yeah, it sucked today. Anae better figure out what the identity is, and who the best QB is. One more game like that and it's going to get ugly.
S
stgeorgefan
since this is a toot your horn type thread: I told ya'll today would be like 2005 vs BC... TOLD YA..
Advertisement
M
mizzoucoug
No QB changes unless Taysom can't handle Utah either. We go 0-3 and it might be time. Then again maybe we just take a big bath this year with Taysom in preparation for 2014. But I think our WR's will be worse then so who knows? That strategy sucks too.
B
BroncoBot
stgeorgefan wrote:
since this is a toot your horn type thread: I told ya'll today would be like 2005 vs BC... TOLD YA..

Or 2011 Vs. Ole Miss. Ugh.
C
cougarnerd
Anae is just too predictable. End of story.



I really like the options you can get with under QB under center. You can actually run the play action, and you can pitch the ball to the RB to get him out into the flat faster. When you're only at shotgun and you usually run the ball up the middle...3 and out.



Another thing: even with Hoffman out, we have a lot of height in our receivers...Apo, Friel, Mahina, Marcus Matthews, Ridley, etc. Why didn't we utilize that?
G
Gunk
Anae's "new" offense is just a double helping of his old, vanilla offense. We got the same thing, just two scoops of it.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
M
mizzoucoug
cougarnerd wrote:
Anae is just too predictable. End of story.



I really like the options you can get with under QB under center. You can actually run the play action, and you can pitch the ball to the RB to get him out into the flat faster. When you're only at shotgun and you usually run the ball up the middle...3 and out.



Another thing: even with Hoffman out, we have a lot of height in our receivers...Apo, Friel, Mahina, Marcus Matthews, Ridley, etc. Why didn't we utilize that?


Height is so overrated when it comes to WR's. It's annoying to read all the hype about our tall WR core. Being tall doesn't help all that much in football especially when the oline can't block for more than 1.5 seconds.
Advertisement
C
cougarnerd
mizzoucoug wrote:
Anae is just too predictable. End of story.



I really like the options you can get with under QB under center. You can actually run the play action, and you can pitch the ball to the RB to get him out into the flat faster. When you're only at shotgun and you usually run the ball up the middle...3 and out.



Another thing: even with Hoffman out, we have a lot of height in our receivers...Apo, Friel, Mahina, Marcus Matthews, Ridley, etc. Why didn't we utilize that?


Height is so overrated when it comes to WR's. It's annoying to read all the hype about our tall WR core. Being tall doesn't help all that much in football especially when the oline can't block for more than 1.5 seconds.


It would help if our QB would use that height...throw it where the CBs can't reach.



I agree that height is overrated...but at times. Just like speed, size, etc. It's only beneficial if you use it. If Hill (or maybe Olsen?) only throws passes waist-higher and lower...and often below the knees...height is definitely overrated.



I hope our team can fix these mental mistakes. :sulk:
R
runbyu1
cougarnerd wrote:



Height is so overrated when it comes to WR's. It's annoying to read all the hype about our tall WR core. Being tall doesn't help all that much in football especially when the oline can't block for more than 1.5 seconds.


DING DING DING we have a winner! Taysom didn't have a chance. I was counting and he was consistently under duress in 1.5-2 seconds. I counted on the other side of the ball and Watford continually had 4-5 seconds. Give a QB time, he'll be decent. Give a good QB no time, and it won't matter. Offensive line was AWFUL. Hill had no chance.
N
nuk13
runbyu1 wrote:



Height is so overrated when it comes to WR's. It's annoying to read all the hype about our tall WR core. Being tall doesn't help all that much in football especially when the oline can't block for more than 1.5 seconds.


DING DING DING we have a winner! Taysom didn't have a chance. I was counting and he was consistently under duress in 1.5-2 seconds. I counted on the other side of the ball and Watford continually had 4-5 seconds. Give a QB time, he'll be decent. Give a good QB no time, and it won't matter. Offensive line was AWFUL. Hill had no chance.


With 2 to 3 seconds more I believe Hill would have played twice as well as he did.
R
runbyu1
Agreed. That would have made a WORLD of difference and I believe we would have won going away. It would not have been a close game if Taysom had an extra 2 seconds.
S
stuckinbig10country
Our OL made UVa's DL look like Alabama. It was depressing/demoralizing.
Advertisement
S
stuckinbig10country
I'll go ahead and say it: I think had Brandon Doman been the OC on Saturday, BYU wins.
N
northerncougar
stuckinbig10country wrote:
I'll go ahead and say it: I think had Brandon Doman been the OC on Saturday, BYU wins.


Sorry, but I think you're crazy. Anae might not be the upgrade many were hoping for, but Doman sure wasn't the answer either.



I said on the day that Anae was hired that I thought this was a potential disaster. I think potential might be traded in for likely now.
S
stuckinbig10country
northerncougar wrote:
I'll go ahead and say it: I think had Brandon Doman been the OC on Saturday, BYU wins.


Sorry, but I think you're crazy. Anae might not be the upgrade many were hoping for, but Doman sure wasn't the answer either.



I said on the day that Anae was hired that I thought this was a potential disaster. I think potential might be traded in for likely now.


My observation is based only for this one game. Doman seemed to have a better design to his plays for outlet receivers than Anae did in this game.
M
mormonrasta
stuckinbig10country wrote:
stuckinbig10country wrote:
I'll go ahead and say it: I think had Brandon Doman been the OC on Saturday, BYU wins.


Sorry, but I think you're crazy. Anae might not be the upgrade many were hoping for, but Doman sure wasn't the answer either.



I said on the day that Anae was hired that I thought this was a potential disaster. I think potential might be traded in for likely now.


My observation is based only for this one game. Doman seemed to have a better design to his plays for outlet receivers than Anae did in this game.


Disagree. The receivers were open. Doman doesn't get the line to play better, or Hill to throw the ball better and make better reads, or the receivers to catch the ball.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.