Archived Topic

My VENTING from the game

by blueblooded · 11/29/2009

Advertisement
B
blueblooded
There are alot of things that I am going to write that could go into several other threads, but I thought maybe a venting thread might be nice too.



First, the ONLY stat that matters is the score at the end of the game. BYU won. No other stat matters. Any great coach teaches his players that. This may not have been a good game for a lot of players, not just Max. It doesn't matter. BYU Won.



Second, I have tickets in the Geriatric Section of the stadium (west side, center section). I have great appreciation to those people who earned their seats by giving large amounts of money for the stadium expansion forever ago. But, get a life. Stand Up.



Third, If you are the guy who the last two home rivalry games gives your tickets to your drunk Utard son, YOU SUCK. I am tired of hearing all the crap that comes out of your son's mouth. Laramie has openings, your son would fit in well if the Utah thing does not pan out. I got to hear max called "meltdown max", "Max Herpes", and all about Max's "cougar" mom and wife. Max, if you ever need anyone to help your family get in or out of any stadium, you let me know. Max, as far as your comments last night, AMEN BROTHER.



Forth, I have had beer poured on me at RES. Anyone who says it does not happen is a true utard. I hope you are reading this TTT.



Fifth, My apologies to Mrs. Wittingham. I suggest that next time you come to town, wear BYU blue and a smile. It has worked for me. Whenever someone bumps into me, I say sorry, they say sorry and life moves on.



This was one of the greatest football games that has ever been played at LES. What a great defensive battle. It is disgusting that media and fans have to go find crap to complain about (except for mine, which are justified).
S
SpiffCoug
1) NO BYU fan should give/sell a ticket to an avowed Utah fan.

2) If a BYU does decide to give/sell a ticket to a Ute then it should come with conditions such as cheer for your team and not against BYU; don't make personal insults

3) When the game is over the rivalry is over. There is no need to carry hard feelings down the steps, in the walkways, in the parking lot, on the freeway. The game is over let it end. Be courteous to all fans on both sides as leaving the game.
M
Matty-B
While the W/L column is undoubtedly the most important stat, to say that no other stat matters is just dumb. Sorry.

Turnovers don't matter? The "other" stats pretty much determine the outcome of the game.

But as was stated, this was a defensive battle and BYU won, true, that is what is important.

The completed pass (stat) occurred when in matter most. Thank-you Hall
T
tripwire
Matty-B wrote:

Turnovers don't matter?

Only in that they have an effect on the final score. Hypothetically, If a team commits 5 turnovers and still wins does it matter? No.

How is it dumb to say that the only stat that matters is the final score?
S
SpiffCoug
The final score may not be the only stat that matters, but it is the most important stat. I love to tout the effectiveness of passing efficiency, but even that takes a back seat to final score. Since 2000 in BYU games, the team with the better passer efficiency is 108-16 (.871) while BYU is 81-43 (.653). But BYU is 81-0 (1.000) when scoring more points and the team with more points is 124-0 (1.000). As a predictor of victor nothing is more effective than final score. The team with more points ALWAYS wins. The final score is the sing most important stat. You can win every other statistical category and still lose the game. But if you win that one, you will never lose, not once.
Advertisement
M
Mithrandir
blueblooded wrote:
... If you are the guy who the last two home rivalry games gives your tickets to your drunk Utard son, YOU SUCK. I am tired of hearing all the crap that comes out of your son's mouth. Laramie has openings, your son would fit in well if the Utah thing does not pan out. I got to hear max called "meltdown max", "Max Herpes", and all about Max's "cougar" mom and wife. Max, if you ever need anyone to help your family get in or out of any stadium, you let me know. Max, as far as your comments last night, AMEN BROTHER.



Forth, I have had beer poured on me at RES. Anyone who says it does not happen is a true utard. I hope you are reading this TTT.


Dude, I must have sat near you! After 5 unsportsmanlike conduct penalties and 3 and 1/2 hours of drunken, vulgar Ute verbal diarrhea, Max's comments resonated in a way they wouldn't have prior to the game. I hate Utah. I hate their liberal because BYU is conservative university (this coming from someone who went there), their classless program, their turncoat coaches, their thuggish players and especially their gas pumping, beer guzzling, f-bomb dropping, can't even swear right because they're too ripped fans.



I second Max's comments!
M
Matty-B
tripwire wrote:

Turnovers don't matter?

Only in that they have an effect on the final score. Hypothetically, If a team commits 5 turnovers and still wins does it matter? No.

How is it dumb to say that the only stat that matters is the final score?




Because compare the results to the game when a team that has multiple TOs actually wins to the amount of times they lose. While they CAN win when having 5 TOs they don't very often.... See BYU @ Utah 2008.

Sorry, it's just my opinion that stats do matter and are VERY influential in the outcome of the game. Otherwise, what determines if a player is any good at all? You HAVE to look at their stats.

Look again at team stats when BYU was losing more games a few years ago and compare them to the last 4 seasons... if stats are not important and are not indicative of a teams' success you will not find a difference at all.
C
craigoscarson
In 20 years will anyone remember that BYU dominated 3/4 of the game, yet Max had a low completion % and we struggled in the 4th quarter? No



They'll remember another BYU win over Utah, and another foul up by Utah in a clutch situation that cost them the game.



We'll remember what Max said about Utah, and about 90% of us will love it, each and every time we think about it.



Who cares about an ugly win? Anyone that does knows nothing about football.

(you play to win the game)



You think the Pittburgh Steelers are giving back their rings because Santonio Holmes was inches from dropping the game winner? Or that Ben Roethlisberger has had the worst performance of his career in Super Bowl XL? (nope, because he has 2 rings to show for it)

Roethlisberger had one of the worst passing games of his career in XL, completing just nine of 21 passes for 123 yards and two interceptions; his passer rating of 22.6 was the lowest in Super Bowl history by a winning quarterback.
S
SpiffCoug
Bronco has coached 63 games. BYU played 61 games from 2000-2004. Here are some statistical comparisons:

Wins by 10-points or more: Under Bronco(UB): 36 (.750 of all wins); Pre-Bronco (PB): 17 (.512).

Games w/ 10 or more penalites: UB: 13; PB: 17

Games w/ 1 or fewer turnovers: UB: 28; PB: 18

Games w/ 3 or more turnovers: UB: 16; PB: 30

Losses by 10 points or more : UB: 9; PB: 17

Record in games decided by 7 points or less: UB: 12-5 (.706) (won last 11); PB: 14-11 (.560).

Record when rushing for less than 100 yards: UB: 7-7 (.500); PB: 4-21 (.160)

Record in all games: UB: 48-15; PB: 33-28
D
doublej
Everytime Max ran the ball this yewt sitting by me would yell out "Break his neck!," "Kill Him!,"I hate that f'er etc. Is it any wonder Max said what he said when utes are yelling for him to be paralyzed or killed.



There was way too much red yesterday, I sat by at least 10-15 yewts within 4 rows. What the hell are season ticket holders doing giving their tickets to these guys. If you have to sell your tickets, just make sure their cougar fans and sell them. Shouldnt be too hard to find fans to sell to.
Advertisement
I
Italics
Mithrandir wrote:
... If you are the guy who the last two home rivalry games gives your tickets to your drunk Utard son, YOU SUCK. I am tired of hearing all the crap that comes out of your son's mouth. Laramie has openings, your son would fit in well if the Utah thing does not pan out. I got to hear max called "meltdown max", "Max Herpes", and all about Max's "cougar" mom and wife. Max, if you ever need anyone to help your family get in or out of any stadium, you let me know. Max, as far as your comments last night, AMEN BROTHER.



Forth, I have had beer poured on me at RES. Anyone who says it does not happen is a true utard. I hope you are reading this TTT.


Dude, I must have sat near you! After 5 unsportsmanlike conduct penalties and 3 and 1/2 hours of drunken, vulgar Ute verbal diarrhea, Max's comments resonated in a way they wouldn't have prior to the game. I hate Utah. I hate their liberal because BYU is conservative university (this coming from someone who went there), their classless program, their turncoat coaches, their thuggish players and especially their gas pumping, beer guzzling, f-bomb dropping, can't even swear right because they're too ripped fans.



I second Max's comments!


It's only a matter of time before someone here gives you a religious lecture about how you should be more Christ-like.

I'm just warning you.
Y
Y&Brit
Careful fellow Cougars, the AF ref could get you for deceiving good words for negative words. The MWC will also see your comments and review them, and reprimand you which means nothing. Or the media will get you and try to force you to change your opinions-though valid and supported by evidence-



GO Y!!!!!!!!!
I
Italics
doublej wrote:
Everytime Max ran the ball this yewt sitting by me would yell out "Break his neck!," "Kill Him!,"I hate that f'er etc. Is it any wonder Max said what he said when utes are yelling for him to be paralyzed or killed.




And the really sad part is that most :utard: fans ACTUALLY would be happy if Max broke his neck. That's the kind of fans that they have. I would NEVER wish that kind of thing upon any :utard: fan or player, and I can guarantee that Max wouldn't either.

The irony? The Ute's call US the hypocrites.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.