Archived Topic

UNC's hurry up offense...

by FurriousCougar · 8/30/2013

Advertisement
F
FurriousCougar
Seeing how UNC's hurry up offense has South Carolina's "deep" d-line huffing and puffing (ESPECIALLY Clowney - pathetic) makes me think there might be something pretty nice to this hurry up thing. I'm pretty excited now to see how our hurry up might tire out opposing defenses especially when adding that on top of the elevation. I think it will have more of effect opening up the run for us than the pass, based on what I'm seeing in this UNC vs. SC game. Interesting.
S
stgeorgefan
FurriousCougar wrote:
Seeing how UNC's hurry up offense has South Carolina's "deep" d-line huffing and puffing (ESPECIALLY Clowney - pathetic) makes me think there might be something pretty nice to this hurry up thing. I'm pretty excited now to see how our hurry up might tire out opposing defenses especially when adding that on top of the elevation. I think it will have more of effect opening up the run for us than the pass, based on what I'm seeing in this UNC vs. SC game. Interesting.




Not tired enough, only 10 points, 3 after half time so far.
F
FurriousCougar
Because all and all their offense is horrible - just high tempo. If they had a half decent offense they would have literally been running over and running circles around them.
M
Mars


UNC 10, SC 27. FINAL
S
stgeorgefan
UNC 79 plays and had better TOP... This is the thing that worries me about BYU. Moveing the ball well between the 20's and then having trouble in the blue zone.
Advertisement
C
Cougy_Monster
stgeorgefan wrote:
UNC 79 plays and had better TOP... This is the thing that worries me about BYU. Moveing the ball well between the 20's and then having trouble in the blue zone.




This was a problem when Anae first started as an OC. His ideas about spreading the players all over the field with the huge O-line splits and getting players in isolation downfield and what not only worked as long as there was a lot of field to work with. When space gets tight in the blue zone, you aren't going to score a lot of points if you have to change your entire offensive scheme.



When the Atlanta Falcons ran the Run n Shoot offense in the 90s they had the same problem. They would rack up insane total yardage, but struggle to get in the end zone from inside the 20. So, their FG kicker carried the team in a lot of games........



.........we don't have that luxury.
F
frdbtr
I don't know if BYU will have blue zone problems or not, we will see on Saturday. Most teams that have problems getting into the end zone have the problem because they don't have a good running game. IMO, BYU will not have that problem this year with Williams and Hill in the backfield. I have a feeling that like in 2001, BYU will be able to score at will once in the blue zone.
C
Cougs_Rule
I heard announcers say that UNC had worn themselves out by end of 3rd. I hope the heat and humidity don't kill BYU.
J
jonnylingo
stgeorgefan wrote:
UNC 79 plays and had better TOP... This is the thing that worries me about BYU. Moveing the ball well between the 20's and then having trouble in the blue zone.


This is very interesting. Riley and Doman were always able to move the ball between the 20s but blue zone issues, turnovers, and bad kicking kept us from converting yards into points. i hope there has been a serious focus on these three areas otherwise go fast go hard may not benefit us anymore than the last system and schemes.



I am nervous. I just have a hard time believing that this go fast go hard is going to lead to more points. I worry it will lead to lack of execution and more injuries. I am not sold on it at all. Anae's old offense with our improved D would win us those games that alluded him while he was here last time. hopefully his new offense is just as good at least as the old one.
S
scott715
So you will wear down? Our O or their D?
Advertisement
S
Schmoe
Clowney lived up to his name last night...in that he got clowned all night by the hurry-up offense.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.