S
scott715Archived Topic
Wisconsin Preview 2013
by scott715 · 8/27/2013
Advertisement
S
scott715Next game in two weeks.
B
BroncoBotSounds like a vulnerable team! I don't think Wisc is as good as everyone makes them out to be.
C
CougarbibDennis Dodd either agrees or forgot Bucky in his power ranking with BYU 25 and ND a couple behind BYU and no mention of Wisconsin. But BYU is not the team that lost to UVA and Wisconsin did get robbed by PAC refs at ASU. Both may be under-rated.
[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
C
Cougs_RuleNot complaining about the article, but How accurate has this preseason assessment proven to be?
Advertisement
J
jonnylingodoes anybody know anything about wisconsin? i sure don't. their schedule looks pretty soft. they beat up on onrthwestern but northwestern appears to have been grossly overrated.
C
Cougs_RuleI mostly want to know if they have a deep threat.
Wisc ranks 77 in passing (216 YPG), 8th in rushing (296 YPG); so 500+ average YPG. 39 ppg which ranks 39.
But D ranks 6th in scoring at 15.9 ppg and in YPG allowed, ranks 17 TH
All from ESPN.com. See below.
Toughest defense BYU sees all year? Tough game, but I think BYU will play competively and has a chance.
Wisc ranks 77 in passing (216 YPG), 8th in rushing (296 YPG); so 500+ average YPG. 39 ppg which ranks 39.
But D ranks 6th in scoring at 15.9 ppg and in YPG allowed, ranks 17 TH
All from ESPN.com. See below.
Toughest defense BYU sees all year? Tough game, but I think BYU will play competively and has a chance.
C
Cougs_Rulehttp://espn.go.com/college-football/team/_/id/275/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
C
CougarbibCougs_Rule wrote:
I mostly want to know if they have a deep threat.
Wisc ranks 77 in passing (216 YPG), 8th in rushing (296 YPG); so 500+ average YPG. 39 ppg which ranks 39.
But D ranks 6th in scoring at 15.9 ppg and in YPG allowed, ranks 17 TH
All from ESPN.com. See below.
Toughest defense BYU sees all year? Tough game, but I think BYU will play competively and has a chance.
I worry that when that crowd gets roaring, a certain OL will turn into a "False Start" generating machine. Home field matters. We gave it away.
Wisconsin lost 1 to Ohio State and 1 to The PAC 12 officials at ASU. Understandable losses.
I forget who they beat. What was their strength of opposing offenses as Wisconsin racked up those defensive rankings.
I worry about our D. Been giving up 500 yards a lot lately.
[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
J
jonnylingoCougarbib wrote:I mostly want to know if they have a deep threat.
Wisc ranks 77 in passing (216 YPG), 8th in rushing (296 YPG); so 500+ average YPG. 39 ppg which ranks 39.
But D ranks 6th in scoring at 15.9 ppg and in YPG allowed, ranks 17 TH
All from ESPN.com. See below.
Toughest defense BYU sees all year? Tough game, but I think BYU will play competively and has a chance.
I worry that when that crowd gets roaring, a certain OL will turn into a "False Start" generating machine. Home field matters. We gave it away.
Wisconsin lost 1 to Ohio State and 1 to The PAC 12 officials at ASU. Understandable losses.
I forget who they beat. What was their strength of opposing offenses as Wisconsin racked up those defensive rankings.
I worry about our D. Been giving up 500 yards a lot lately.
[ Post made via Mobile Device ]http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
I tell you what, when we lose either sorenson or bills our d seems to be drastically worse.
Advertisement
S
scott715Wis leads the country at 6.9 YPC. Our DL will get a very good test.
J
jonnylingoI think these stats have to be pretty heavily skewed by their first two 'games'
http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/_/id/275/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
umass and tennesse tech. 48-0 and 45-0
http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/_/id/275/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
umass and tennesse tech. 48-0 and 45-0
F
frdbtrjonnylingo wrote:
I think these stats have to be pretty heavily skewed by their first two 'games'
http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/_/id/275/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
umass and tennesse tech. 48-0 and 45-0
Their rush offense is legit. they have put up a ton of yards on everyone except Ohio state. BYU is going to have their hands full with this rushing offense. If they stop it, they win.
C
Cougs_Rulefrdbtr wrote:I think these stats have to be pretty heavily skewed by their first two 'games'
http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/_/id/275/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
umass and tennesse tech. 48-0 and 45-0
Their rush offense is legit. they have put up a ton of yards on everyone except Ohio state. BYU is going to have their hands full with this rushing offense. If they stop it, they win.
Yes. AND if they don't get burned by deep passes. I love that our D will be full strength.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.

