Archived Topic

BYU getting in Utah's head early?

by hawkwing · 8/26/2013

Advertisement
I
imuakahuku
I don't know where a lot of this BYU and USU are KWItts focus. He is a D1 coach so his focus will be on his next opponent. Any coach that does not give his all or looks past teams because no chance to win will not be there the next year. Would you want to play for a coach that did that? I assume KWitt will focus all his attention on beating every next opponent and will try to rally his team to beat whatever team is on the other side of the field. I have heard of coaches "looking past" weak teams and playing very conservative so they don't give away too much scout info but I would bet a body part that they don't look past OSU.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
G
Guest
imuakahuku wrote:
I don't know where a lot of this BYU and USU are KWItts focus. He is a D1 coach so his focus will be on his next opponent. Any coach that does not give his all or looks past teams because no chance to win will not be there the next year. Would you want to play for a coach that did that? I assume KWitt will focus all his attention on beating every next opponent and will try to rally his team to beat whatever team is on the other side of the field. I have heard of coaches "looking past" weak teams and playing very conservative so they don't give away too much scout info but I would bet a body part that they don't look past OSU.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


A coach like that would probably lose to a 2-10 UNLV squad.
S
SpiffCoug
hawkwing wrote:
I don't know where a lot of this BYU and USU are KWItts focus. He is a D1 coach so his focus will be on his next opponent. Any coach that does not give his all or looks past teams because no chance to win will not be there the next year. Would you want to play for a coach that did that? I assume KWitt will focus all his attention on beating every next opponent and will try to rally his team to beat whatever team is on the other side of the field. I have heard of coaches "looking past" weak teams and playing very conservative so they don't give away too much scout info but I would bet a body part that they don't look past OSU.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


A coach like that would probably lose to a 2-10 UNLV squad.

And not even score against them.
J
jonnylingo
I will tell you what. they are in my head. I had a nightmare last night that i was at the byu utah game and utah beat us again. i can't believe how bad i felt. this is ridiculous. I need therapy.
N
northerncougar
jonnylingo wrote:
I will tell you what. they are in my head. I had a nightmare last night that i was at the byu utah game and utah beat us again. i can't believe how bad i felt. this is ridiculous. I need therapy.


Group therapy. We could keep a counselor employed for years!!
Advertisement
S
stgeorgefan
imuakahuku wrote:
I don't know where a lot of this BYU and USU are KWItts focus. He is a D1 coach so his focus will be on his next opponent. Any coach that does not give his all or looks past teams because no chance to win will not be there the next year. Would you want to play for a coach that did that? I assume KWitt will focus all his attention on beating every next opponent and will try to rally his team to beat whatever team is on the other side of the field. I have heard of coaches "looking past" weak teams and playing very conservative so they don't give away too much scout info but I would bet a body part that they don't look past OSU.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">




DING DING DING...

Does anyone really think that Kwitt is only focused on winning a few games and has given up on the others... Come on now..

Utah will try and win every game they play regardless of who their playing..

Should BYU not try to beat Texas and only focus on Utah because Texas is a better team? :skeptic:



The week Utah preps for Byu, they will go all in to beat the cougs. After the game they'll do the same thing for the next game. Only difference is the emotions involved in a rivalry.



Utah needs 6 wins to get to a bowl. They'll try and win each game to get there..
S
SpiffCoug
Well considering BYU and Utah State are two of Utah's first four games - with the others being Weber St and Oregon St. I think the focus on the Aggies and Cougars is rightfully so. Because if Utah loses to USU & BYU, the season comes apart at the seams.



Lose those two and they're 1-3 at best and about to go on murderer's row. Lose those two and they'll lose 10 games.
C
Cougs_Rule
Ya, but watch when/if Byu wins. Bet ya money he Kryes again!!
Page 2 of 2
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.