Archived Topic

Prediction Game = Hard to do with UVA

by snoscythe · 8/25/2013

Advertisement
S
snoscythe
No idea what the offense will do--are we going to see a lot more running than we have in the past, even under Anae? How many more yards do I add for the anticipated extra plays?



Defense--are our corners going to keep the passing numbers in check? How many more plays/yards is their offense going to rack up with the extra possession or two from our offense going "hard and fast"?



Is is possible to overthink the predictions game?
D
Ddawg
Agree 200%. It's hard to figure out how the Cougs will perform before we've played a single game under a completely new offensive coaching staff, combined with an entirely new coaching philosophy, and approach.



So - I cast myself into the void - and predict - BYU 20, UVA 13. (Actually, I hope it will not be that close).
G
Gunk
Bronco is still the head coach. He likes a "balanced" attack, which means 50/50 split between running plays and passing plays.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
stgeorgefan
I think a complete guess on the score is as accurate as any scientific method
D
Ddawg
stgeorgefan wrote:
I think a complete guess on the score is as accurate as any scientific method


Bam! There ya go.
Advertisement
G
golong
BYU will score points. The offense will not be flawless, but it will get the attention of everybody else on BYU's schedule. I'm guessing BYU will amass at least 500 yards on offense. The defense will show well and give the offense plenty of chances.



BYU 48 UVA 9
S
Screamineagle
I am going to say 33-10 Cougars. I agree its a total unknown so it could end up anywhere. On the bright side if it ends up 13-10 as is a more typical opener I will just say the 33-10 was a typo.
G
Guest
I think we'll move the ball pretty well but struggle to get in the endzone.



Maybe 17 - 10.
S
SpiffCoug
So far the average CC prediction is 31-11, while a somewhat odd score, I could definitely see a score pretty close to that.
C
Cougs_Rule
golong wrote:
BYU will score points. The offense will not be flawless, but it will get the attention of everybody else on BYU's schedule. I'm guessing BYU will amass at least 500 yards on offense. The defense will show well and give the offense plenty of chances.



BYU 48 UVA 9


I WISH!! Unless UVA is a total mess. bronco and Anae wouldn't show their whole hand. No way. They would shut down the playbook by 33-10 and reserve/rest starters for UT.



20-10.
Advertisement
C
Cougarbib
13-12 KVN and BK come up big.
C
Cougarfan87
I predict a 20-14 game. BYU defense gives up a couple long throws or one special teams score. We score two touchdowns and two field goals with improved ST play. Still working out the offensive kinks.
J
jonnylingo
BYU 20, UVA 16



I have no idea. Seriously no idea. I could see us putting up a ton on offense and i could see us false starting all over the place and throwing interceptions because our run game is not working and we became one dimensional.



If I had to guess though I would guess we will see alot of field goals from both sides??
R
rblack
49-7 It's as good a guess as any. Besides, it would be nice to see BYU notch a blow out game again.
S
Schmoe
27-13. That's it.
Advertisement
4
49erCoug
1,000,000 - 3

I mean if we are just guessing.. why not this? :crazy:
W
Wolfman
golong wrote:
BYU will score points. The offense will not be flawless, but it will get the attention of everybody else on BYU's schedule. I'm guessing BYU will amass at least 500 yards on offense. The defense will show well and give the offense plenty of chances.



BYU 48 UVA 9

golong... seriously??? You're dreamin'. The Cougs are gonna hit 48 points and win by 39... AT Virginia, in the heat and humidity... during the first game of the season... under a new offensive coaching staff, under a new offensive scheme with Anae back calling the shots with a QB who is literally a freshman??? BYU always starts out slow for the year offensively except for when they're playing cupcakes. FYI... the Cougs are only favored by 1 in Vegas. This game will come down to whoever commits the fewest turnovers and neither team will hit 28 points in this contest. If BYU scores 48+, I'll buy you a hot dog at LES (even it costs $7.00). :sick:
S
stgeorgefan
Re-phrase of my initial post. An EDUCATED guess is as accurate as any scientific prediction.



I'm thinking that Virginia will test Byu's secondary. Why wouldn't they, Byu makes no bones about stopping the run first. If Virginia is smart they'll attack Daniel and Hague.



If this is the case, then I think Virginia will get a handful of FG's and maybe even 1 TD via a big pass play.



24-16 cougs sounds good to me
W
Wolfman
stgeorgefan wrote:
Re-phrase of my initial post. An EDUCATED guess is as accurate as any scientific prediction.



I'm thinking that Virginia will test Byu's secondary. Why wouldn't they, Byu makes no bones about stopping the run first. If Virginia is smart they'll attack Daniel and Hague.



If this is the case, then I think Virginia will get a handful of FG's and maybe even 1 TD via a big pass play.



24-16 cougs sounds good to me

I think you're pretty closer with the score there sgf... I see it somewhere around 23-20 for either team.
A
a1247
I think the games is going to closer than any of us want. BYU is not the best road team against teams from bigger conferences. They have had a few good wins but to think this is a guaranteed win is nuts. I am surprised their favor in this game I think that says more about Virginia then it does BYU. I think BYU wins but not without some struggles on both sides of the ball. I think a 27-17 BYU victory would be pushing it score wise. 20-13 might be more what we get out of this game.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Page 1 of 2
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.