Archived Topic

Big Blue Bash (full report in the morning)

by SpiffCoug · 8/25/2013

Advertisement
S
SpiffCoug
I took some notes, I'll post them in the morning.



Suffice it to say the team fully and really acknowledges that the biggest game of the season is in Provo on 21 Sept.



Bronco said in one scrimmage, the offense ran 33 plays in 12 minutes of possession. That's screaming fast.



I'll post more tomorrow.
A
AmmonCougar1
It's morning...in fact it's almost noon. Where's my 'fix'? C'mon Spiff I expect better than this from you! ;)



Go Cougs!!!

J. Child

Ammon, ID
S
Schmoe
I think Spiff is running on Hawaii time since his mind is always on vacation, so he's got some time still.
S
SpiffCoug
Ok. Here are my raw notes with my observations in parentheses and italicized. These are not direct quotes, but they're pretty dang close.



Bronco Mendenhall

- Extra passion when surrounded by the enemy

- Do everything I can to make it easier to live in SLC

- Have to play the best teams and win on biggest stages to ensure our future (In reference to the coming Super 5 division.)

- 8th in the country in viewership (Exposure on ESPN has been/will continue to be very important.)

- What if we put together a magical season?

- We know how to win, but there has to be more

- Mitch Matthews has had best spring & fall of any player on the team

- 33 plays in 12 minutes defensive subs are like hockey changes (Last year BYU ran about 1000 plays in 13 games or 1.3 plays per minute. They're going at double the rate.)

- QBs who can slide (Huge cheers at this one.)

- Not one player who he didn't self-select

- My team is full of phenomenal young men



- Sklyer Ridley

- Game most looking forward to is Utah. The biggest game on our schedule is Utah.

- Not another game. Not coming in soft.

- I don't want it to be close. I'd really like to run them out of our stadium.

- Utah said I was too slow. (So he has a score to settle with them.)

- Team goal of no one coming into our stadium and winning.

- Privilege to play for our coach.

- Who's going to talk to coach about jerseys?

- We would have gotten on the bus.

- Humility of coach Mendenhall taught me a lot.



Bronson Kaufusi

- A lot of you here

- I grew up a Utah fan. Threw everything red away.

- The Utah game runs big in my family.

- I know that sting of losing, so that's not going to happen this year.

- KVN is probably the smartest player when it comes to defensive schemes.

- The key to the defense is Eathyn Manumaleuna.

- Favorite thing of fall camp is the beginning. Bronco asked us one question. The best, the best, the best! Then asked if we trust him.

- I've never seen a team practice or play as hard as we do. Teams have no idea what's going to hit them.

- I love BYU fans.

- I can't wait to wave the BYU flag in front of the Utah fans.



Mitch Matthews

- We are so ready to play. To go fast and go hard. Put up so many points the board.

- Mendenhall is a guy that I trust and will do anything for.

- Echo that we will do everything to win that game coming up in a few games.

- We love BYU fans do much.

- We are going to go deep on offense this year.

- We're on tv so much to not only play football but to be examples.



Chad Lewis

- Called on missions to dominate.

- Haven't heard one whine.

- They're not afraid of being pressed into action.

- Be prepared for one of the most enjoyable football seasons.



Tom Holmoe

- Rights of first refusal on Kaufusi's children

- First class and dignity always.
M
mizzoucoug
There's the hype post we've been waiting for all pre-season!
Advertisement
B
byucougar1
I like the statement - teams are not going to know what hit them - sounds like a frenzied wolf pack.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
snoscythe
I like the bulletin board material coming out already---let's just back it up.
F
Florwood
Was going to ask 'what changed Bronson from a Ute fan to a Cougar', then remembered who his dad is. Duh...
D
Ddawg
Mongo likey. Mongo excited. Mongo is so ready for Coug football to start. Bam!

8) 8) 8)
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.