M
mizzoucougI loved the first movie and could easily pick up and watch it any time of the week. Naturally, I was really looking forward to an equally impressive sequel, but...
what a disjointed mess! How could they screw this one up so bad? I mean I honestly don't believe they employed a screenwriter or special effects coordinator for this one. I was embarrassed for whomever put this together. Who was the main character? Why were we supposed to care about him? Who was the saint? If the blonde dude was the main character then why did his death seem so insignificant? If not him, was it the reincarnated but incredibly annoying Deke? Who know? And what in the world kind of ending was that? An ambush vs vastly superior numbers with armor from an open hillside?
And the dialogue? Ughh. It sounded like a bunch of high school kids in a laser tag match talking about last Friday's double date. At no time did I believe I was watching hardened soldiers who were lost behind enemy lines on a dangerous mission. What with all of the paratrooper chanting (loudly I might add--I guess they didn't expect anyone to hear them!?) Anyway I could go on, but I prefer to leave it at that.
I needed to vent since I support all Mormon productions but felt this one was a major step back for the niche industry we all love. I sincerely hope the 3rd one gets back to its roots.
what a disjointed mess! How could they screw this one up so bad? I mean I honestly don't believe they employed a screenwriter or special effects coordinator for this one. I was embarrassed for whomever put this together. Who was the main character? Why were we supposed to care about him? Who was the saint? If the blonde dude was the main character then why did his death seem so insignificant? If not him, was it the reincarnated but incredibly annoying Deke? Who know? And what in the world kind of ending was that? An ambush vs vastly superior numbers with armor from an open hillside?
And the dialogue? Ughh. It sounded like a bunch of high school kids in a laser tag match talking about last Friday's double date. At no time did I believe I was watching hardened soldiers who were lost behind enemy lines on a dangerous mission. What with all of the paratrooper chanting (loudly I might add--I guess they didn't expect anyone to hear them!?) Anyway I could go on, but I prefer to leave it at that.
I needed to vent since I support all Mormon productions but felt this one was a major step back for the niche industry we all love. I sincerely hope the 3rd one gets back to its roots.

