Archived Topic

Free Ticket

by Cougarbib · 8/22/2013

Advertisement
C
Cougarbib
Ok. Econ 101 teaches us that there is no such thing as a free ticket. I suppose that is true here too. There are a few hoops and some fine print to be negotiated. But, The Bibster purchased two extra seats this season. Per custom, unused tickets have been given to extended family members over the years - due to living in Hawaii for a decade, that sometimes meant all of the seats. One of the 2 extras this season has been allocated to an extended family member. The Bibster and his best friend will use 2. That leaves one - unless The Wife of Bibster develops a sudden love for football.



What this means is that The Bibster can fill that extra seat with a fan of his own selection. But there are criteria and a sinister purpose. Well - not sinister.



Ideally, that seat will be filled each week by an attractive, fun, Temple Worthy female - age approx 20ish to 26ish - single - interested in meeting the aforementioned 26ish - never been married - family member who is an RM and in his final year of law school at an in-state University and has attended BYU. He is a BYU fan in the Max Hall tradition. It is not absolutely necessary that this young woman be a BYU fan or even a football fan - ideally, though, she would be. The Bibster loves diversity - Texas, BSU, U, GT, MTSU, or even WSU fans can apply. If the response is overwhelming, we could have 6 winners.



If a candidate hates football - maybe we can get her a dinner date at a Brazilian BBQ or some other local favorite spot and her father, uncle, cousin, grandparent, or mother can fill the "free" seat that week. Four hours can be an awfully long time - and Tucano's is a nice alternative way to meet a great guy - attractive, Temple Worthy, fun when you get to know him. His Bishop would want his daughter to date him. That kind of guy.



Attractive, fun, and Temple Worthy candidates only. Do not forget that part - in case they decide that they like each other.



In fairness to all, The Bibster will provide the qualified candidate with a mutual FB or similar type screening opportunity in advance. Real Names will not be announced.



Remember - this is the best home schedule ever.



PM The Bibster if you "are" or "know" just the right person to fill this "free seat"
D
Ddawg
Now that is a fresh and unique approach. I like it. I hope you have great success. Perhaps an update/report would be appropriate once the season is over. Good luck!!!
C
Cougs_Rule
Question: would the Bibster consider not attending a selected game by a worthy candidate so as to not scare away said candidate? Jk :-)



But seriously will the Bibster be sitting in between the Batchelor and batchelorette, filling any other match-making roles, like intermediary? Translator? Instructor? :-)
S
Schmoe
For season tickets, I'll shave my beard and wear a blonde wig.
C
Cougarbib
Cougs_Rule wrote:
Question: would the Bibster consider not attending a selected game by a worthy candidate so as to not scare away said candidate? Jk :-)



But seriously will the Bibster be sitting in between the Batchelor and batchelorette, filling any other match-making roles, like intermediary? Translator? Instructor? :-)




The Bibster will play that by ear - hopes to be uninvolved. Remember - there is the dinner for two option and then you can sit by The Bibster in her place. Yes - I would even be willing to suffer that for a worthy purpose.



Also, since I reside in California - it is most likely that your first request will be accommodated at least twice this season.
Advertisement
C
Cougarbib
Schmoe wrote:
For season tickets, I'll shave my beard and wear a blonde wig.


I would probably be willing to cough up 2 seats to WSU or MTSU to any CC members who promise to go in drag and post a photo on here after the game.
S
snoscythe
Nothing creepy at all going on in this thread....
C
Cougarbib
snoscythe wrote:
Nothing creepy at all going on in this thread....




How about 4 Weber State tickets for 4 Cougar Faithful dressed as 40ish year-old women carring a poster that says Cougar Club - probably get on BYU TV. It is football season. Time to loosen up and have some fun.



Or some fans dressed up as missionaries. We are talking about Weber State.



I am open to legal opinion or any suggestions re awarding these Wildcat - Cougar cat fight tickets.



I live in constant feat that these 4 seats could end up in the hands of invisible aliens or worse yet - delusional Weber State fans thinking they are at a football game.



But yeah - that Brazilian BBQ option - without 65,000 of our closest friends and National TV coverage could be a safer bet for those preferring a little less adventure.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">



EDIT. EDIT. EDIT. EDIT.

Speaking of delusional fans - I, in first person, was looking at the schedule, and the CAT fight is not with The Weber State Wildcats - it is actually a renewal of our CAT Fight rivalry with the Idaho State Bengals.



I hope my error did not get anyone too excited about that non-existant Weber State Game.
R
redneckjedi
Will you give extra weight to applicants that refer to themselves in the third person? ;)
C
Cougs_Rule
Are you pre-screening candidates? Might be a good idea. Times have changed. All the cute coeds are going or have already departed on missions these days--and especially this year. Bad ratios on campus.

Are you looking for a lady-40-ish year old Cougar? Or a sugar momma that your son could help mange her estate?

I would be happy to. Walk by and take a picture, non-chalantly if it is during a game you miss.
Advertisement
R
rblack
Just a suggestion, why don't you just tell your son that he can only use the tickets if he brings a date? Seems to me that it would have a greater likelihood of success and be a lot less creepy.
B
BYULV
I've met one of the bibster's sons, not sure if it was the son in question, but he seemed pretty normal.
C
Cougarbib
redneckjedi wrote:
Will you give extra weight to applicants that refer to themselves in the third person? ;)


Absolutely. And if she likes The Bib uniforms - BAM.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
Cougarbib
Cougs_Rule wrote:
Are you pre-screening candidates? Might be a good idea. Times have changed. All the cute coeds are going or have already departed on missions these days--and especially this year. Bad ratios on campus.

Are you looking for a lady-40-ish year old Cougar? Or a sugar momma that your son could help mange her estate?

I would be happy to. Walk by and take a picture, non-chalantly if it is during a game you miss.


Re screening. If someone like BYU LV recommended someone - I know him to be a man of character. But recognizing that 4 hours is a very long time - I will introduce them to each other well before game time.



But hey - in a stadium filled with 65, 000 fans - stone cold sober - I am willing to have a little fun with this without losing any sleep.



I should warn, though, my best friend is a Ute, I am a Die Hard BYU fan as is my relative. All kind of quiet. But serious football fans that watch the game intently.



Thus the Brazillian BBQ option - tough to compete with football for attention.



I am a creative man. Happy to swap a couple of seats with one of you to keep myself less involved.



These are retired faculty / staff seats. But, with the new system, instead of just taking what they assign me, I opted for seats closer to the field but further from mid-field. I hope I like them. These are not seats to die for - but perhaps giving up your brother's first born child is a reasonable price to pay.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
Cougarbib
BYULV wrote:
I've met one of the bibster's sons, not sure if it was the son in question, but he seemed pretty normal.


It is not him - he is on a mission now - but every bit as normal. Quieter than him. More muscular. Older. More mature.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
C
Cougarbib
rblack wrote:
Just a suggestion, why don't you just tell your son that he can only use the tickets if he brings a date? Seems to me that it would have a greater likelihood of success and be a lot less creepy.


That is plan B. But, I am thinking - change of scenery.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
J
jvquarterback
I'm willing to sacrifice my sil on the alter in exchange for a ticket unless you would prefer an eight cow - or eight ticket woman. not sure if she'd be up for it.





pm me if you're serious about this. id do it just to see my wife's face when I told her I was setting her sister up on a date for a football ticket.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
M
Mars
http://images4.fanpop.com/image/photos/21200000/The-Creep-ft-Nicki-Minaj-John-Waters-the-lonely-island-21269291-913-514.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
G
Guest
jvquarterback wrote:
I'm willing to sacrifice my sil on the alter in exchange for a ticket unless you would prefer an eight cow - or eight ticket woman. not sure if she'd be up for it.





pm me if you're serious about this. id do it just to see my wife's face when I told her I was setting her sister up on a date for a football ticket.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


When you read 'sil' as son-in-law this post takes on a whole new meaning.
C
Cougarbib
jvquarterback wrote:
I'm willing to sacrifice my sil on the alter in exchange for a ticket unless you would prefer an eight cow - or eight ticket woman. not sure if she'd be up for it.





pm me if you're serious about this. id do it just to see my wife's face when I told her I was setting her sister up on a date for a football ticket.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


I get in trouble all the time for name dropping, and story telling, but the irony in this reference to Johhny Lingo, Mahana, and the 8 cows compels me to do a little of both.



Bibster historians know that I have ties to the Heber Valley - including Midway, where The Homestead resort is located.



Google Orma Wallengren. Screen writer. Adapted a magazine article into the movie Johnny Lingo when she worked for BYU. Her family lived at and managed The Homestead back in the day. As a child, I played with her kids on those hallowed grounds. She was best friends with my mother at that point in time. She got my mother a job as a free-lance writer for BYU. Here is the irony:



She made my mom a little upset one time because she invited a local doctor and my mother to the same party one time without letting my mom know that she was trying to do a little matchmaking. Anyway - my mother was not interested so it was just awkward. Having learned from that - yeah - a little mutual screening and disclosure in advance to the affected parties is wise.



I will PM you.



PS - Orma moved to California and had continued success. One of her sons, Ernie died at a relatively young age and an annual fundraiser organized by his brother is held to fight the disease that took his life. His brother is a media personality - Mark Wallengren. Orma later wrote as Claire Peterson or Whitaker. I believe Whitaker was her maiden name. Very nice and generous person.
Page 1 of 2
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.