Archived Topic

Algie Brown runs people down

by hawkwing · 8/21/2013

Advertisement
G
Guest
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLTs4X7j5ic



Taken at today's end of fall camp scrimmage.
S
SpiffCoug
SHAZAM!
K
KYCoug
Love the run! Love to see the down field blocking!!! I'm pumped, can't wait.



Go Cougs!



L Hatton

Louisville, KY :crazy:
S
snoscythe
Well, that explains the rash of DB injuries!
F
frdbtr
Oh my! That is like a horror flick for defensive players.
Advertisement
B
BerliNY
Am I a horrible fan for not knowing who he is?



BTW, who is he? (byucougars.com says he's a frosh from Skyline, must be post-mishun, am I missing something?)



Also, was this the 1s against the 1s at this point in the scrimmage?
M
mizzoucoug
Who is he and who were those daisies he wrecked?
M
Mythranor
The only two numbers I could see were 36 and 42 which would be Drew Riley and Trajan Pili.
J
JamieVallen
BerliNY wrote:
Am I a horrible fan for not knowing who he is?



BTW, who is he? (byucougars.com says he's a frosh from Skyline, must be post-mishun, am I missing something?)



Also, was this the 1s against the 1s at this point in the scrimmage?

He redshirted in 2010 as a freshman, then left for a mission. I'm not sure when he returned but I'm somewhat positive it was sometime this year, so he's still a bit fresh with "Mission legs". He's really good friends with Sae Tautu, (R.S. LB). Sae sometimes posts pictures with him on facebook. The 2 are somewhat comparable in size. Sae maybe has 2 inches on him max, but Algie is a bit thicker, but in a good way. I would say there's a very good possibility he will be our future starting fullback. Appears he hasn't lost some of the nasty that he showed as a true freshman in 2010.
C
Cougs_Rule
I put him on my breakout players for this year. One play in fall camp doesn't make it, but BM and Anae loved Fui, and Tonga.
Advertisement
S
SenorCougar
Just like high school.
C
Cougs_Rule
BTW, nice rhyme Hawk. :-)
G
Guest
Cougs_Rule wrote:
BTW, nice rhyme Hawk. :-)


Thanks, I put a lot of thought into it ;)
S
Stirfry
Cougs_Rule wrote:
I put him on my breakout players for this year. One play in fall camp doesn't make it, but BM and Anae loved Fui, and Tonga.


I'd love to have another Fui . I don't even know if that kid liked football or if he just liked running in to people. He seemed like he go out of his way to just hit someone on the D and mess them up. Then he'd laugh and help them up and give them a "good job" pat on the backside.
M
Mars


FB/RB #71 Algernon Brown *** (3) 6-1/234, Skyline HS, UT (Served in Sao Paulo, Brazil)



Red-shirted a year before serving a mission to Sao Paulo, Brazil. Competed mostly at the fullback position and was noted as a valuable scout team member. It’s not clear how much Anae will incorporate a fullback in his offense, but that’s the position Brown is best-suited for. Without an established starter at fullback Brown could compete for a regular role within the offense immediately.
Advertisement
J
jonnylingo
Mars wrote:


FB/RB #71 Algernon Brown *** (3) 6-1/234, Skyline HS, UT (Served in Sao Paulo, Brazil)



Red-shirted a year before serving a mission to Sao Paulo, Brazil. Competed mostly at the fullback position and was noted as a valuable scout team member. It’s not clear how much Anae will incorporate a fullback in his offense, but that’s the position Brown is best-suited for. Without an established starter at fullback Brown could compete for a regular role within the offense immediately.


If brown has good hands, i would expect that we see him a lot in the future.
S
SpiffCoug
What can Brown do for you?
B
BroncoBot
SpiffCoug wrote:
What can Brown do for you?

Hopefully pick up 3-4 tough yards.
S
Schmoe
BroncoBot wrote:
What can Brown do for you?

Hopefully pick up 3-4 tough yards.


Kariya 2.0
S
SpiffCoug
When it's 3rd & 3 and you need three tough yards? Call on Algie Brown. He'll get you those three tough yards.



3rd and 7? Call on Algie Brown; he'll get you those three tough yards.
Page 1 of 2
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.