Archived Topic

Curious about first two plays called

by Sammich · 11/29/2009

Advertisement
S
Sammich
I thought it odd that in the first two plays of the game, Max lined up as a WR and Unga took the snap in the wildcat formation. After the stupid deception penalty last game, do you think this was Bronco trying to make a statement that even with the QB on the field it is a legal play, or what?
G
Guest
I agree. It was really curious, and the only thing I can think is that Bronco wanted to make a statement to the league.
M
mormonrasta
hawkwing wrote:
I agree. It was really curious, and the only thing I can think is that Bronco wanted to make a statement to the league.


I hated that play call. If Bronco wants to make a statement to the league let him do it in a blowout. I generally like Anae's playcalling as I feel he really tries to use the team's strengths. BYU is not a "wildcat" team.
C
craigoscarson
Heaven forbid a team tries to do something that the other team hasnt' gameplanned for....
I
Italics
mormonrasta wrote:
I agree. It was really curious, and the only thing I can think is that Bronco wanted to make a statement to the league.


I hated that play call. If Bronco wants to make a statement to the league let him do it in a blowout. I generally like Anae's playcalling as I feel he really tries to use the team's strengths. BYU is not a "wildcat" team.


Uh oh, looks like rasta is part of the problem and not the solution!!!



BURN HIIIIM AT STAAAaAAKE!!!!!!!
Advertisement
C
CAFB_04-12
That was just a wildcat formation. Should have had Nelson take the direct snap though. Or DiLuigi.
F
frdbtr
craigoscarson wrote:
Heaven forbid a team tries to do something that the other team hasnt' gameplanned for....


True, but as soon as max left and the defense saw unga in the shotgun, all utah's linebackers moved into the box and the play was stuffed. You have to put a throwing threat back there to make it hard to defend.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.