Archived Topic

Most single game points for BYU in 2013

by SpiffCoug · 8/21/2013

Advertisement
S
SpiffCoug
What's the most points BYU will score in one single game this season?



I think we can get to 50s once (Idaho?) and into the 40s a couple other times (Nevada, GT?).
I
imuakahuku
My thought is that when they pull Hill now the other team has to deal with Olsen. I think the QB drop off will be non existent and what Hill does in the first half, Olsen repeats in the second. I think we are in a much better QB spot than the last few years.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
SpiffCoug
imuakahuku wrote:
My thought is that when they pull Hill now the other team has to deal with Olsen. I think the QB drop off will be non existent and what Hill does in the first half, Olsen repeats in the second. I think we are in a much better QB spot than the last few years.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">

Unfortunately, Bronco & Anae have shown the tendancy to not let the backup, who comes in for mop up duty, run the offense.



If Olsen comes in, it's likely to hand the ball off and run out the clock.
I
imuakahuku
SpiffCoug wrote:
My thought is that when they pull Hill now the other team has to deal with Olsen. I think the QB drop off will be non existent and what Hill does in the first half, Olsen repeats in the second. I think we are in a much better QB spot than the last few years.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">

Unfortunately, Bronco & Anae have shown the tendancy to not let the backup, who comes in for mop up duty, run the offense.



If Olsen comes in, it's likely to hand the ball off and run out the clock.


Except I think Olsen is in by mid 3rd Q maybe sooner vs ISU (which is why I think we could get to 70). My main reservation why we don't is akin to what you wrote. Bronco isn't the type to run up a score.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
M
mizzoucoug
We'll have a game where we get enough TO's and long balls to hit 50. Who knows? We might even pull this off against ND or Wisconsin.
Advertisement
S
Screamineagle
I think we will get in the low fifties a time or two. I agree with imuakahuku Bronco simply is not the type of coach that runs up a score.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.