Archived Topic

Official Jamal Aytes thread

by wisconsincougs · 8/16/2013

Advertisement
W
wisconsincougs
Looks like Aytes hasn't really been discussed on the board (at least not for awhile).



http://espn.go.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/67608/jamal-aytes" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;



Given it's 8/16 and most schools start in 2 weeks or less, seems like he HAS to make a decision soon. As a diehard follower of bball recruiting, this process has been killing me because pretty much since May he could decide "any time" and it's just drug on and on.



And normally I wouldn't care quite as much, but the fact we have 11 scholarship guys next year and only 4 in the post makes me very concerned for the roster. He fills a HUGE void for a little strength at the 4 spot. Austin/Sharp are not bangers and are both injury prone, and while Mika and Worthington have some girth I'd expect both to be 5's.



I think Aytes could make a significant contribution this year, and I'm crossing my fingers that today is the today he decides to be a Cougar.



To me it bodes well that he hasn't made an official visit to Gonzaga, West Virginia, or Miami (at least I don't think he did) and didn't commit on the spot to UNLV this past weekend. He did take an official to BYU and reportedly had a good experience.



Environment seems like a factor for him as a religiously oriented kid (see his Twitter profile), so hopefully Provo versus Vegas is actually an advantage for us.



Guess we'll see in the next few days. C'mon Aytes!
N
nuk13
I hope we get him. He is the same size as Kyle C. however.
B
BroncoBot
nuk13 wrote:
I hope we get him. He is the same size as Kyle C. however.

Nothing wrong with that.
G
Guest
He committed to UNLV.
B
BroncoBot
hawkwing wrote:
He committed to UNLV.

Don't know about anyone else, but I wasn't happy with Dave Rice to UNLV to start with, and the sentiment has only grown stronger.
Advertisement
S
SpiffCoug
And thus ends the "Official Jamal Aytes thread".
W
wisconsincougs
Yup sad day.



Big big loss for this upcoming season IMO.



4 post players on roster: 2 true freshman (although Mika looks great), and 2 skinny guys with injury history.



Let's pray for good health and low foul counts.
B
Brayden Green
wisconsincougs wrote:
Yup sad day.







Let's pray for good health and low foul counts.


You mean, let's *continue* to pray for good healh and low foul counts. Not since Hafa have I felt confident in our bigs' inside ability. This year it might actually change.
C
craigoscarson
I have a gut feeling that this was a Rose to Rice type of thing r/t the honor code. It would have been really nice to have a rock solid 4 for the next 4 years to go with our bevy of guards and centers. I often go to bed and hope I wake up with Jordan Loveridge as a Cougar.
B
Brayden Green
Well, if you went to bed and woke up with Jordan Loveridge then that would clearly be an HC violation, and he would be in a lot of trouble. I think that the Mrs. wouldn't be too happy about that either. ;)
Advertisement
C
craigoscarson
BlueIsBetter wrote:
Well, if you went to bed and woke up with Jordan Loveridge then that would clearly be an HC violation, and he would be in a lot of trouble. I think that the Mrs. wouldn't be too happy about that either. ;)


I'm a team player if it benefits BYU ;)
S
snoscythe
craigoscarson wrote:
Well, if you went to bed and woke up with Jordan Loveridge then that would clearly be an HC violation, and he would be in a lot of trouble. I think that the Mrs. wouldn't be too happy about that either. ;)


I'm a team player if it benefits BYU ;)


[youtube]VmugfdhSzJs[/youtube]
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.