Archived Topic

Technical Help

by EM_Puma · 8/14/2013

Advertisement
E
EM_Puma
Somehow beginning last night when I get on Cougar Corner, the game countdown, Cougarcorner Man Updates, and Cougarcorner News Bites now appear below the Board index section. It's always been on the right of the index. I can't find anything that I changed and I haven't changed my browser as it is happening on my work tower and laptop.



Anyone know what to do to get them back on the righ and not below?
S
snoscythe
I have been having the same problem, and the page is no longer centered with the navy blue background borders on either side. I just get the page all the way to the right, with navy blue filling the blank space on the right.



I think something changed when those sidebar items were updated that jinked with the sizes. There is a page or two ("unread messages" etc) where the newsfeed and countdowns look right, but elsewhere the countdowns either misformat (numbers read vertical instead of horizontal) or everything is shoved below the thread/forum space.
G
Guest
What browser are you using?



Try to clear the cache.
E
EM_Puma
Good to know it wasn't something I unknowingly clicked on. It's very inconvenient.
E
EM_Puma
hawkwing wrote:
What browser are you using?



Try to clear the cache.


I cleared the cache and that didn't work. I have IE 8.0 at work and IE 9.0 on my laptop and it was happening the same on both computers. I opened Firefox and it's working like it should there. Any other ideas? I could quit using IE, but most of our work aps were designed with IE as the browser for Web aps.
Advertisement
G
Guest
I never test with old versions of IE, so that's probably the problem. IE wasn't designed to work with internet standards until version 10, so they often screw up the display, but there are usually word arounds for it.
E
EM_Puma
I'll just use Firefox or Chrome. I've stayed away from Chrome because my daughter uses it and so I have to sign in and out for most apps.
G
Guest
Actually, I just made a change that appears to make it work on my system in IE8. Try and clear your cache and try again?
S
snoscythe
Whatever you did fixed it for me at work--IE8. However, I had the same issue at home with Chrome. I assume the fix worked for that too.
G
Guest
snoscythe wrote:
Whatever you did fixed it for me at work--IE8. However, I had the same issue at home with Chrome. I assume the fix worked for that too.


It's always worked fine for me on Chrome, except at home where I specifically had to clear the cache before it worked.
Advertisement
C
Cougs_Rule
EM_Puma wrote:
Somehow beginning last night when I get on Cougar Corner, the game countdown, Cougarcorner Man Updates, and Cougarcorner News Bites now appear below the Board index section. It's always been on the right of the index. I can't find anything that I changed and I haven't changed my browser as it is happening on my work tower and laptop.



Anyone know what to do to get them back on the righ and not below?


Oh, and I would like to report another problem. Bib's posts keep showing up with regularity.

I thought you fixed that?

:D Jk Bib. I'm sure others feel that way about me.
G
Guest
Cougs_Rule wrote:
Somehow beginning last night when I get on Cougar Corner, the game countdown, Cougarcorner Man Updates, and Cougarcorner News Bites now appear below the Board index section. It's always been on the right of the index. I can't find anything that I changed and I haven't changed my browser as it is happening on my work tower and laptop.



Anyone know what to do to get them back on the righ and not below?


Oh, and I would like to report another problem. Bib's posts keep showing up with regularity.

I thought you fixed that?

:D Jk Bib. I'm sure others feel that way about me.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
F
frdbtr
Set your browser to view the page in compatibility mode.
M
Mars
frdbtr wrote:
Set your browser to view the page in compatibility mode.

And that will make the bib posts go away?
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.