Archived Topic

Fall Events

by hawkwing · 8/6/2013

Advertisement
G
Guest
Blue & White Scrimmage - August 10th at 10am, LaVell Edward's Stadium (Free)



Cougar Kickoff - August 21 6 or 7pm? Field West of the Indoor Practice Facility (Free)



Big Blue Bash - August 24th 7pm SLC Hilton ($5 advance, $10 at the door)



Which of these fall events are you planning on attending?
U
Ungoy
I would love to attend the scrimmage, and the Cougar Kickoff. I've wanted to go to the Kickoff in years past, but never made it. Hopefully I can change that this year.
C
Cougarbib
None. I wish I could be there Aug 10.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
B
BroncoBot
Cougarbib wrote:
None. I wish I could be there Aug 10.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">

ditto. Unfortunately.
A
AmmonCougar1
hawkwing wrote:
Blue & White Scrimmage - August 10th at 10am, LaVell Edward's Stadium (Free)



Cougar Kickoff - August 21 6 or 7pm? Field West of the Indoor Practice Facility (Free)



Big Blue Bash - August 24th 7pm SLC Hilton ($5 advance, $10 at the door)



Which of these fall events are you planning on attending?


For those of us who have never been to any of these events, will you please give a brief description of each including details pertinent to age groups of those who may enjoy/be welcome to attend each of these activities?



Thank you in advance. I know I cannot make it to the Blue/White Scrimmage but I may be able to come down from Idaho Falls for the others.



J. Child

Ammon, ID
Advertisement
S
SpiffCoug
AmmonCougar, you up for a hike up the "Y" before the Texas game? Or another home game if you're coming to any?
G
Guest
Cougar Kickoff - Big field event, outdoors. Football players are sittings at tables and booths all around the soccer practice field. You take your kids and stand in line getting the players to autograph things. This is where they typically debut and sell the season's football poster. There are also kid activities setup, like throwing the football, running some simple drills, etc. If you want to get player autographs this is the best way to do it, but some of the more popular players will have very long lines to wait in. Cheerleaders, women's soccer and volleyball usually attend this event too, if you have daughters that want their autographs. This is very much a family and kid oriented event, but there are plenty of adults there getting autographs too. Before the event begins, they hold a sale in the indoor practice facility to sell off last year's equipment, like practice jersey's, unused cleats, bags, etc. The equipment sell off includes stuff from all of BYU sports.



Big Blue Bash - this is put on by the SLC Cougar Club, it's more of an adult activity and somewhat similar to a small fireside. They usually bring 2 current players and 2 previous greats. You have a few minutes before the program starts to meet the players and get autographs and then they have a program. Each of the players gives a 10 or 20 minute speech, sometimes they are religious themes, sometimes they are football themed. Greg Wrubell is the MC. After the program there is a silent auction of some things like signed posters, or old helmets.
A
AmmonCougar1
SpiffCoug wrote:
AmmonCougar, you up for a hike up the "Y" before the Texas game? Or another home game if you're coming to any?


Unfortunately due to soccer games for the team I coach I am only planning on the BSU and ISU games (only a coincidence they are both from Idaho as am I). I'd love to go up for one of those weather permitting.



Go Cougs!!!

J. Child

Ammon, ID
M
Mars
hawkwing wrote:
Blue & White Scrimmage - August 10th at 10am, LaVell Edward's Stadium (Free)



Cougar Kickoff - August 21 6 or 7pm? Field West of the Indoor Practice Facility (Free)



Big Blue Bash - August 24th 7pm SLC Hilton ($5 advance, $10 at the door)



Which of these fall events are you planning on attending?

I'll be at the scrimmage and the BBB. That's the plan at least as of right now.



The Kickoff starts at 6pm, I believe.



I've been to all 3 of these events in the past and they're all fun!
S
scott715
Will you be there with your Title of Liberty?
Advertisement
G
Guest
CougarCorner will be hosting a lunch event after the practice at JCW's in Provo. Everyone is welcome to attend. Free water-cups will be provided when you purchase a meal.
S
scott715
Ah so you have had an increase to the CC budget!
S
snoscythe
Anyone have a link to the Cougar Kickoff details? I can't find anything about it.



Also--tomorrow is the last day to get Big Blue Bash tickets for $5. After tomorrow they inflate to $10.
S
snoscythe
snoscythe wrote:
Anyone have a link to the Cougar Kickoff details? I can't find anything about it.



Also--tomorrow is the last day to get Big Blue Bash tickets for $5. After tomorrow they inflate to $10.




NVM:



http://byucougars.com/athletics/fans-invited-cougar-kickoff-aug-21" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;


The annual Cougar Kickoff will be held on Wednesday Aug. 21, from 6-8 p.m. MT at Haws Field.



The event will feature athletes and coaches from football, soccer, cross country and women’s volleyball who will be on hand to interact with Cougar fans. Those in attendance can also play on a rock wall, run the cross country course and take pictures with Cosmo and the Spirit Squad.



Fans will have the opportunity to have one item autographed by the student-atheltes. The 2013 football poster will be available at the event. Cougar Nation may also purchase the new "Loyal, Strong and True" t-shirt from the BYU Bookstore.



The annual Cougar Sale featuring BYU apparel, jerseys, shoes and other items will take place from 5-7 p.m. the same night in the Indoor Practice Facility.



The following BYU sponsors will be in attendance: National Guard, Red Robin, Sprint, Xfinity, Mod Bod, Wells Fargo, Carl's Jr, Yogurtland, Larry H. Miller Auto and America First Credit Union.



Admission is free and tickets are not required.
G
Guest
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BSDbEL2CAAIWYYS.jpg" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.