Archived Topic

Position Group You Are LEAST Concerned About

by SpiffCoug · 8/4/2013

Advertisement
S
SpiffCoug
Looks like there is a strong feeling that the linebacking corps as the least amount of concerns and could be our strongest unit. So which unit, after linebackers, are you LEAST concerned about?



Now that camp has started, do things change?



Results:

LBs 59%
S
SpiffCoug
I went with RBs last poll, but with Alisa still hurt, I'm changing my vote to WRs.
D
Ddawg
WR's. I also chose the LB's last poll.
C
Cougs_Rule
Tie. WR have one strong guy and some slight questions and unprovens: Apo, Mathews. RBs have one strong guy and some unprovens bit good possibilities.

But, a Sr in Hoff vs a soph in JW--tie goes to experience. WR.
S
Schmoe
Cougs_Rule wrote:
Tie. WR have one strong guy and some slight questions and unprovens: Apo, Mathews. RBs have one strong guy and some unprovens bit good possibilities.

But, a Sr in Hoff vs a soph in JW--tie goes to experience. WR.


No love for Ridley in the receiving corps?
Advertisement
C
Cougs_Rule
Schmoe wrote:
Tie. WR have one strong guy and some slight questions and unprovens: Apo, Mathews. RBs have one strong guy and some unprovens bit good possibilities.

But, a Sr in Hoff vs a soph in JW--tie goes to experience. WR.


No love for Ridley in the receiving corps?


Good point. Tips the scale toward WR.
M
Mars


Apo comes into camp 2nd string. Is that a good thing or a bad thing?



I'm going with my heart, and my heart loves me some Adam Hine. It's not a logical feeling yet, just a strong emotional burning in my bosom.



RBs. That is all.
B
byucougar1
While Day 1 has passed, and Fall Camp is still young, it is interesting to note what Anae had to say about who caught his attention and played well/was in good condition:



1. Paul Lasike, Nate Carter, Jamaal Williams



Others players that did well:



1. Iona Pritchard, A.J. Moore



Players that were hurt or didn't play like they did in Spring Camp:



1. Michael Alisa, Adam Hine



It appears that we have a stable crew of players, and some surprises, will be interesting to see how Anae pairs the RBs and the tandems that seem to compliment each other.
M
Mars
byucougar1 wrote:
Players that were hurt or didn't play like they did in Spring Camp:

1. Michael Alisa, Adam Hine

The only thing I remember hearing about Hine was that he had a 28-yard reception...
C
Cougarbib
WR. HANDS Down. Bueno Hands people.
Advertisement
G
Guest
Still going with RB. It's an extremely deep talent pool, and I'm not too worried about the Alisa wrist/hand injury. I'm sure it'll be ready to go.
S
Schmoe
With Alisa sitting out and huge drops from spring still fresh in my mind, I had to go with WR's because they are healthy, can run, and can catch.
C
Cougarbib
hawkwing wrote:
Still going with RB. It's an extremely deep talent pool, and I'm not too worried about the Alisa wrist/hand injury. I'm sure it'll be ready to go.


Yes - perhaps. But, other than a 6 quarter flash, we have little evidence that Alisa is any better than JJ, and the other forgotten RBs of that era.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.