S
scott715Archived Topic
Houston Preview 2013
by scott715 · 7/31/2013
Advertisement
S
scott715S
scott715They are 4-0 and should go 5-0 after beating Memphis. This just came in from Brett McMurphy of ESPN
Houston junior QB David Piland's career is over after suffering multiple concussions, school announces
Houston junior QB David Piland's career is over after suffering multiple concussions, school announces
S
stgeorgefanscott715 wrote:
They are 4-0 and should go 5-0 after beating Memphis. This just came in from Brett McMurphy of ESPN
Houston junior QB David Piland's career is over after suffering multiple concussions, school announces
S
StirfryLooks like they've already moved on from him. He's only thrown 21% of their attempts this year and the injury came in early September.
NAME CMP ATT YDS CMP% YDS/A TD INT RAT
John O'Korn 73 115 933 63.5 8.11 10 1 158.6
David Piland 21 40 220 52.5 5.50 1 0 107.0
Greg Ward 5 6 77 83.3 12.83 0 0 191.1
Totals 99 161 1230 61.5 7.64 11 1 147.0
* Correction, 25% of attempts, 21% of completions
NAME CMP ATT YDS CMP% YDS/A TD INT RAT
John O'Korn 73 115 933 63.5 8.11 10 1 158.6
David Piland 21 40 220 52.5 5.50 1 0 107.0
Greg Ward 5 6 77 83.3 12.83 0 0 191.1
Totals 99 161 1230 61.5 7.64 11 1 147.0
* Correction, 25% of attempts, 21% of completions
Advertisement
S
scott715Ok, I recognized the name so I assume he was the starter.
C
CougarbibStirfry wrote:
Looks like they've already moved on from him. He's only thrown 21% of their attempts this year and the injury came in early September.
NAME CMP ATT YDS CMP% YDS/A TD INT RAT
John O'Korn 73 115 933 63.5 8.11 10 1 158.6
David Piland 21 40 220 52.5 5.50 1 0 107.0
Greg Ward 5 6 77 83.3 12.83 0 0 191.1
Totals 99 161 1230 61.5 7.64 11 1 147.0
* Correction, 25% of attempts, 21% of completions
Why does everyone but BYU seem to have back-up QBs ready to go?
[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
M
mtnradioCougarbib wrote:Looks like they've already moved on from him. He's only thrown 21% of their attempts this year and the injury came in early September.
NAME CMP ATT YDS CMP% YDS/A TD INT RAT
John O'Korn 73 115 933 63.5 8.11 10 1 158.6
David Piland 21 40 220 52.5 5.50 1 0 107.0
Greg Ward 5 6 77 83.3 12.83 0 0 191.1
Totals 99 161 1230 61.5 7.64 11 1 147.0
* Correction, 25% of attempts, 21% of completions
Why does everyone but BYU seem to have back-up QBs ready to go?
[ Post made via Mobile Device ]http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Hey wait a minute there Bib ... last year we had Riley on stand-by! :skeptic:
C
Cougarbibmtnradio wrote:Stirfry wrote:
Looks like they've already moved on from him. He's only thrown 21% of their attempts this year and the injury came in early September.
NAME CMP ATT YDS CMP% YDS/A TD INT RAT
John O'Korn 73 115 933 63.5 8.11 10 1 158.6
David Piland 21 40 220 52.5 5.50 1 0 107.0
Greg Ward 5 6 77 83.3 12.83 0 0 191.1
Totals 99 161 1230 61.5 7.64 11 1 147.0
* Correction, 25% of attempts, 21% of completions
Why does everyone but BYU seem to have back-up QBs ready to go?
[ Post made via Mobile Device ]http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Hey wait a minute there Bib ... last year we had Riley on stand-by! :skeptic:
Yes. Last year was even worse. We had starter Riley for 1.5 games then 50% Riley and totally inexperienced Hall, Lark, and Munns as backups and no starters ready to go.
[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
C
Cougarfan87Cougarbib wrote:Looks like they've already moved on from him. He's only thrown 21% of their attempts this year and the injury came in early September.
NAME CMP ATT YDS CMP% YDS/A TD INT RAT
John O'Korn 73 115 933 63.5 8.11 10 1 158.6
David Piland 21 40 220 52.5 5.50 1 0 107.0
Greg Ward 5 6 77 83.3 12.83 0 0 191.1
Totals 99 161 1230 61.5 7.64 11 1 147.0
* Correction, 25% of attempts, 21% of completions
Why does everyone but BYU seem to have back-up QBs ready to go?
[ Post made via Mobile Device ]http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Because when a game is essentially over, they put their back ups in and let them run the same offense to get experience. I have absolutely no data to back this up.
Advertisement
C
Cougarbib87
That sure seems like a plan that would work.
BYU ought to try it.
One thing that has changed since the good ole days is the loss of the farm system.
I think I will create a thread on that topic.
[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
That sure seems like a plan that would work.
BYU ought to try it.
One thing that has changed since the good ole days is the loss of the farm system.
I think I will create a thread on that topic.
[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
U
UngoyHouston's in a barn burner with the mighty Memphis Tigers...
Houston leads it 18-15 with a minute left in the third. I'm not afraid of Houston.
Houston leads it 18-15 with a minute left in the third. I'm not afraid of Houston.
S
scott715Won 25-15
M
mizzoucougThey haven't played anybody of course, but they have a nice record.
S
scott715This will be a big game for them. Win and they could get into the top25. Realtimerpi .com today had them favored by 3. We'll see what it says tomorrow. I expect Vegas to make us the favorite.
It says the game will be on ESPNnews. Is that channel 209 on Directv? Is that a crappy channel? I guess I should not care too much. I will be on the road during the game but will be home for the KBYU replay.
It says the game will be on ESPNnews. Is that channel 209 on Directv? Is that a crappy channel? I guess I should not care too much. I will be on the road during the game but will be home for the KBYU replay.
Advertisement
M
MarsI expect BYU to win this game by 3+ touchdowns. Curious to see where the Vegas line will put BYU (maybe -7.5?).
N
nuk13Mars wrote:
I expect BYU to win this game by 3+ touchdowns. Curious to see where the Vegas line will put BYU (maybe -7.5?).
I prefer yours.
B
BerliNYMars wrote:
I expect BYU to win this game by 3+ touchdowns. Curious to see where the Vegas line will put BYU (maybe -7.5?).
Opened at Houston -8.5
R
RobertMRogersAnd I got my hopes up for an ESPN or ESPN2 game. Nope. Relegated to ESPNews. Once again scrambling to find a way to watch the game. Oh well...
C
CougarbibRobertMRogers wrote:
And I got my hopes up for an ESPN or ESPN2 game. Nope. Relegated to ESPNews. Once again scrambling to find a way to watch the game. Oh well...
This is not a home game so I assume this is all driven by the fka Big East nka AAC contract. Maybe. Maybe not.
[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.

