Archived Topic

Position Group You Are LEAST Concerned about

by SpiffCoug · 7/31/2013

Advertisement
S
SpiffCoug
Similar to ranking our schedule, which group going into August camp do you have the least concerns and fewest questions.



For me, it's the RBs. Between Alisa and Williams we have to experienced and quality players. Other groups still have some questions, but BYU should be solid at the running back position.
G
Guest
I'm going to go with Tight Ends. I'm not concerned about them at all, I know they will be terrible.



Ha-ha. Just kidding, I picked RB. It's not very often that you have 2 guys who could be the primary ball carrier for many other teams.
M
Mars


I have my doubts about Alisa. Is he healthy? Was he simply the best player in a terrible group before Williams came along? Our yards per carry have been awful for years now.
S
stuckinbig10country
I thought this one would be pretty obvious. LB, and it's not even close.



Following that, WR and RB. Everything else is very questionable.
M
Mars
stuckinbig10country wrote:
I thought this one would be pretty obvious. LB, and it's not even close.

My vote as well.



Remember, our current RB core is all better than Manase Tonga, right?
Advertisement
J
jonnylingo
hawkwing wrote:
I'm going to go with Tight Ends. I'm not concerned about them at all, I know they will be terrible.



.


:lol: :lol:
C
Cougs_Rule
Easy. LBs. and it may not even be close. RBs have some intrigue with their depth. But I think Alisa in a little one dimensional. But the relatively unknowns of Hine and Lasike, with Iona possibly back, and it could be a strong group. But dependent on Oline.

WRs, maybe. Hoff is strong. If Apo would play up to his potential and not have passes thrown at his feet it could be really really good. Ridley is exciting, but isn't going to have career numbers.

LB's.
S
SpiffCoug
I just think we know the depth chart at RB.



Can anyone even name the Buck and Mike LBs? Uani Unga might fill one of them, but I'm not even sure who is competing for the other spot.
S
scott715
Beck a Senior is currently the other starter.
C
cougsdominate01
Never in my life have I questioned the LBs. They are pretty much always the strong point of our team. That being said, the RBs will be very solid if they can get a good Oline in front of them.
Advertisement
M
mormonrasta
I'm worried about every position. I suppose I'm least worried about the linebackers:



2. RB- I worry about losing Williams

3. TE- I worry that Friel can't catch a pass without a bobble, and that nobody else can catch.

4. DL- I worry about depth and replacing Ziggy

5. Safeties- I worry that they are not ready for the big time. Watch the Oregon St and ND games.

6. WR- There's Hoffman and? Please don't tell me about Apo. This unit has to be very good in order for us to be very good.

7. QB- Alot of questionmarks about Hill and more questionmarks behind him.

8. CB- Always a worry at BYU

9. K/P- Replacing a good Punter isn't a given, and our kicker still has zero confidence.

10. OL- Obvious choice as biggest worry. They are going to be facing fast and physical DL this year and I'm not sure we have a whole lot of talent there. A coaching change should help.
B
BroncoBot
LB. I don't care what their name or number is, if they take the field for a bronco mendenhall defense, they'll be solid.
C
Cougarbib
Riddle me this:



What do you do with a RB with size and decent but not blazing speed?



Answer:



Switch them to linebacker.



THIS is why BYU is always loaded at linebacker and not so loaded at RB with NFL talent.



Demographics of our recruiting base.



LB will be very good this season.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
M
Mars
cougsdominate01 wrote:
The RBs will be very solid if they can get a good Oline in front of them.

But did Alisa break his arm?
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.