Archived Topic

College Football Stats

by scott715 · 7/31/2013

Advertisement
F
FurriousCougar
Wow, that TD:INT Ratio category is tough to look at. Now if only that stat was for TDs that your interceptions were returned for, we'd be in the 99th percentile! :p



Lovin that green on defense as you were saying though.
S
SpiffCoug
Riley Nelson got/gets picked on for throwing Pick 6's, but how many Pick 6's did BYU throw last year?



vs Washington St: None.

vs Weber St: None.

at Utah: None.

at Boise St: One. A gawd-awful throw to a fat, nose tackle from Canada!

vs Hawaii: None.

vs Utah St: None.

vs Oregon St. One. On a bad throw to a WR who had slipped and still tried to catch the ball, but wound up batting the ball into the waiting arms of the DB who ran it in.

at Notre Dame: None.

vs Idaho: None.

at Georgia Tech: One. Can't remember this play.

at San Jose St: None.

at New Mexico St: None.

vs San Diego St: None.



Never mind, throwing three in one year is WAY too many. I'll give a QB one in a season, but not three. Yeah, Riley deserves to be picked on for that.
S
Stirfry
Didn't he come in for one series in the bowl game and throw one that was called back on a penalty during the return? Maybe I'm thinking of another game but i recall him being saved on one.



However, it seems like both him and Heaps played through broken ribs during their time at BYU. Having broken a rib 3 weeks ago, I have no idea how those guys were able to do that. My kid was pelting me with pine cones last weekend and I was defensless at throwing them back at him.
S
scott715
That was his last pass in the bowl game.
Advertisement
M
Mars
FurriousCougar wrote:
Wow, that TD:INT Ratio category is tough to look at.

That's what stood out to me too. Less than 1.5 TD passes per INT. Ouch.
G
Guest
Mars wrote:
Wow, that TD:INT Ratio category is tough to look at.

That's what stood out to me too. Less than 1.5 TD passes per INT. Ouch.

A 4 to 1 ratio is what we should be shooting for.
S
SpiffCoug
I'd settle for 2:1.
G
Guest
SpiffCoug wrote:
I'd settle for 2:1.

There's a difference between settle and strive for.



My wife settled on me, she should have been striving for much more ;)
F
FurriousCougar
Stirfry wrote:
Didn't he come in for one series in the bowl game and throw one that was called back on a penalty during the return? Maybe I'm thinking of another game but i recall him being saved on one.



However, it seems like both him and Heaps played through broken ribs during their time at BYU. Having broken a rib 3 weeks ago, I have no idea how those guys were able to do that. My kid was pelting me with pine cones last weekend and I was defensless at throwing them back at him.


Having said that, Brandon Doman and Robbie Bosco still both played like BOSSES even when they were injured - and those were in BIG time games! I'm not saying it wasn't harder for Nelson/Heaps to play well when injured, but if we are judging them by the standard of past great BYU quarterbacks, I don't want to hear the injury excuses. Not trying to argue btw, I see what you're saying.
Advertisement
C
Cougs_Rule
scott715 wrote:
That was his last pass in the bowl game.


...of his career.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.