Archived Topic

The official dress schedule for 2013 - Royal Blue for Utah

by FurriousCougar · 7/23/2013

Advertisement
F
FurriousCougar
Texas – Sat. Sept. 7 – 5:00 PM MDT – WEAR BLUE

Utah – Sat. Sept. 21 – TBA – WEAR … we will let you know first of August

Middle Tennessee State – Fri. Sept. 27 – TBA – WEAR WHITE

Georgia Tech – Sat. Oct. 12 – TBA – SECTIONAL STRIPES

Boise State – Fri. Oct. 25 – 6:00 PM MDT – WEAR BLUE

Idaho State – Sat. Nov. 16 – 1:00 PM MST – WEAR BLUE





Obviously the Utah game is the interesting one here...my vote's for royal blue!
S
SpiffCoug
I wish there was more wear white.



White shows up better on TV, gives a more consistent color and makes the games a lot cooler - especially in September when it's still going to be 90+ degrees.
S
Stirfry
SpiffCoug wrote:
I wish there was more wear white.



White shows up better on TV, gives a more consistent color and makes the games a lot cooler - especially in September when it's still going to be 90+ degrees.


Anything shows up better than Aggie Blue. From watching other teams, the current BYU blue is about the worst color you could have for standing out on TV. The royal is much better.



I'll second the wear white in early September. At least they look to be later in the day.
F
FurriousCougar
It's official - BYU is wearing Royal Blue for the Utah game this year - as announced today by Holmoe.
F
frdbtr
Isn't it the standard talking point that Bronco doesn't care about beating utah? If this is so, then why make utah a special occasion since the last time we wore Royal Blue it was announced that we would only break out these uni's for "special occasions".
Advertisement
S
snoscythe
Hopefully having the unis in the equipment room leads to royal blue at ND and in the bowl game as well.
S
Schmoe
My official dress schedule for 2013: Royal blue for every game (don't ask why I own a royal blue dress, though...).
C
Cougs_Rule
Is this official or just CC nonsense? I'm trusting its "official" in which case I have a cheer.



GO BLUE!



GO WHITE!



GO SCHIZOPHRENO-fight, fight, fight.



This is either a cheap marketing ploy to get cougar fans to buy more fan gear or just stupid, stupid, stupid.



Let's just create so much chaos in the name creativity.........drives me crazy.



Wait, where's the Black Unis? Freak, just throw them in there for the halibut.
Advertisement
S
snoscythe
byucougar1 wrote:
http://lawlessrepublic.com/2013/08/01/byu-football-to-wear-royal-blue-jerseys-against-utah/

Holmoe and Bosco doning the royal blue jerseys (note difference between 2013 royal blue jersey to the 2009 royal blue jersey).


Bosco's wearing a jersey from a different era (note the see-through mesh)--the Andrew George/Max Hall royals also feature the more proportionate striping, the Nike logo, and the Flywire collars....in fact, they look the same as what Holmoe was sporting:



http://rencher.com/images/20091129a.jpg" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">



I think Mitch Harper is just trying to make news up.
M
Mars


BYU is officially breaking out the Royal Blue tops for Utah. The question is- Royal pants, or White? I think they may show some blue-on-blue action.



Also confirmed- BYU will do another black-out uniform in the future. The only question is whether this is in the works for this season or next season.
M
Mars


P.S.



BYU should wear this combo against MTSU:



http://img.ksl.com/slc/2507/250713/25071346.jpg" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
G
Guest
Mars wrote:


P.S.



BYU should wear this combo against MTSU:



http://img.ksl.com/slc/2507/250713/25071346.jpg" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


Defense - Special Teams - Offense?



That would be sweet to have different jersey for different sides of the ball in the same game.
B
BroncoBot
Mars wrote:


P.S.



BYU should wear this combo against MTSU:



http://img.ksl.com/slc/2507/250713/25071346.jpg" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">

who are these anorexic jersey models. get a burger already.
Advertisement
S
stuckinbig10country
I like the idea of having all of these combinations available. I'd like to maybe even see one or two more.



I thought it was really cool how Andersen at USU let his players decide what combination they were wearing in their uniforms.



Personally, the only color combination I don't like is the white pants, white jersey combo.
S
SpiffCoug
BroncoBot wrote:


P.S.



BYU should wear this combo against MTSU:



http://img.ksl.com/slc/2507/250713/25071346.jpg" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">

who are these anorexic jersey models. get a burger already.

Or at least a burrito from Mi Ranchitos!
B
byucougar1
I understand from Stout and Sampson, eating there makes you more aggressive...maybe we should send the OL there :-)
Y
Y12
FurriousCougar wrote:
It's official - BYU is wearing Royal Blue for the Utah game this year - as announced today by Holmoe.


Can't wait. love the royal blue w/an unhealthy passion.
S
Schmoe
SpiffCoug wrote:

Or at least a burrito from Mi Ranchitos!


Come on now, at least get the name right; it was Rancheritos.
Page 1 of 2
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.